Pickett Co is Back...18-0 before Gordonsville scores

bobcatfan300

I KNOW one game against a team w/o their players who are still playing football can't say how good a team is, but Pickett Co. is vastly improved over last year's first team in 30+ years to have a losing season. Jackson Co. played Gordonsville too and it was much closer. Gordonsville had some good players, but Pickett Co. is the deepest I've seen in years and has more height than I've seen in my 15 years watching them. They have a lot of very good players...no super players like in many years, but in those years they often only went 6 or 7 deep. The 'Cats played everyone and it could have been much worse than 56-39. Now they can sub w/o losing anything and they are still young and will continue to get better through the year. Coach Bibb said he's very excited about this team and after watching them last night I know why! Great game Bobcats.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly don't expect the same thing when Pickett plays AA Livingston, a AA state tournament team last year, and a school 3 times as big, Tuesday night. But who knows...it wasn't that long ago Pickett beat LA's hungry Wildcats 106-60. LA has to be a huge favorite, but I don't expect it to be a blowout like last year's first game. If LA doesn't win, they will be in for a long season, unless they can find even smaller schools to play!

You're a fool. Always pointing to losses because of classification. If PC doesn't want to play, simply say no. Obviously BabyBibb thinks he can compete with them every year, so here we are again. Maybe better talent the last few years has been something. Maybe coaching. Maybe?

Nice post...pretty touchy aren't you! They have classifications for a reason. But it seems to me like Pickett Co. isn't afraid to play the big schools. Your post is typical of poor LA sportsmanship.

I certainly don't expect the same thing when Pickett plays AA Livingston, a AA state tournament team last year, and a school 3 times as big, Tuesday night. But who knows...it wasn't that long ago Pickett beat LA's hungry Wildcats 106-60. LA has to be a huge favorite, but I don't expect it to be a blowout like last year's first game. If LA doesn't win, they will be in for a long season, unless they can find even smaller schools to play!

I wasn't trying to get anything negative started! Some people are saying LA is almost as good as last year--so you really should be able to measure your progress. And I was just warning you of what was heading your way. I just checked our schedule and it seems that Clarkrange was the only other small school we could come up with!

Make no mistake. LA has a lot of respect for the boys basketball program at Pickett County. PC has been one of the best programs in the state for many years. So many great players have come from PC. People in Livingston know that and many have been very supportive of PC in the post season over the years.

With that being said, every game has to be played and anything can happen in any game no matter what the size of the school. Apparently Coach Melton realizes this or he wouldn't play a schedule like he plays, incuding christmas tournaments. The same for Coach Bibb. Let this continue to be a healthy rivalry and both schools should support each other outside of the nights they play each other. Good luck to both and hope each is injury free. I know that LA has a lot of work to do getting football players in the swing of things. Just heard Huitt is sick and won't play today against Lexington and Melrose and Jackson sprained an ankle in yesterday's practice so he is questionable. Are you kidding me with this schedule? WOW! Obviously, LA has NO FEAR!

GO LA!

Pickett County impressed me big time. Gvilles came out sloppy as could be and not ready to play. Good Job to Pickett with there victory. But now gville football lost to south pitt last night basketball is going to be a good program.. Pickett beat Smith County at FCS by 11 and Gville travels across the river to play them this monday!

don't be fooled by hall of fame game , coach Flynn played his freshmen almost half the game and still won and traveled to warren co, a aaa school last night and lost 103-98 in overtime so as he evaluates his talent and playing without his point guard for a couple more weeks Jackson county will be a team to contend in 7a and region 4a. Gordonsville got off to slow start and trailed 18-0 against PC didn't hit their shots like they did in Gainesboro but still outscored PC the rest of the game.when they get everybody playing they will be a good team.