Pickett Co is Back...18-0 before Gordonsville scores

bobcatfan300

The Ramsey boy that is a freshman for LA, is gonna win these games by himself for the next four years. Even Dunn said he only expects his scoring record to last four years. I know very little about 7th and 8th grade ball anymore outside what I hear from others. I have heard that Livingston Middle and Allons both have good jr. high teams again. I've heard Allons has the big guys and LM has the guards. I've heard the youngest McCoin and the Mayor Hayes' son are both gonna be really good. People in Byrdstown think that just cause we have a pretty good 8th grade bunch of boys, that we will be great their senior year. Hughes is good, I've heard good things about him, but people need to quit treating him like the second coming of Joseph Amonett. That's not fair, lets wait til he's at least his sophomore or junior to start putting that weight on his shoulders. Anyway....that bunch is much like this one, they have the big guys, but they don't have any shooters or a "true", can just handle the ball in any situation, point guard. I think that team will be better than this one is, but I still don't think we are getting close to LA then either. I don't know when PC ball gets back to its old ways. Probably when Joseph Amonett's twins start 7th and 8th grade ball, and they just started kindergarden. And probably when football finally dies in Pickett Co. again, which I think will be very, very soon.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ramsey boy that is a freshman for LA, is gonna win these games by himself for the next four years. Even Dunn said he only expects his scoring record to last four years. I know very little about 7th and 8th grade ball anymore outside what I hear from others. I have heard that Livingston Middle and Allons both have good jr. high teams again. I've heard Allons has the big guys and LM has the guards. I've heard the youngest McCoin and the Mayor Hayes' son are both gonna be really good. People in Byrdstown think that just cause we have a pretty good 8th grade bunch of boys, that we will be great their senior year. Hughes is good, I've heard good things about him, but people need to quit treating him like the second coming of Joseph Amonett. That's not fair, lets wait til he's at least his sophomore or junior to start putting that weight on his shoulders. Anyway....that bunch is much like this one, they have the big guys, but they don't have any shooters or a "true", can just handle the ball in any situation, point guard. I think that team will be better than this one is, but I still don't think we are getting close to LA then either. I don't know when PC ball gets back to its old ways. Probably when Joseph Amonett's twins start 7th and 8th grade ball, and they just started kindergarden. And probably when football finally dies in Pickett Co. again, which I think will be very, very soon.

not a true shooter or ball handler? have you seen them play? you might oughta go watch... rich is one of the best pure shooters around here and garret can handle the ball like no other..

Sounds like showtimehoopstar is a middle school ball player from b-town, He has a lot to learn but i do like the attitude. That is about 10% of what it takes to be a ball player. Come back in 4 years and we will see if u have the other 90%. Meanwhile the Nivens kid from Hilham will prob give u some free lessons on how to play!

Sounds like showtimehoopstar is a middle school ball player from b-town, He has a lot to learn but i do like the attitude. That is about 10% of what it takes to be a ball player. Come back in 4 years and we will see if u have the other 90%. Meanwhile the Nivens kid from Hilham will prob give u some free lessons on how to play!

no no no not a player....maybe a dad?

pretty sure PC beat nivens team (hilham) just the other night.

not a true shooter or ball handler? have you seen them play? you might oughta go watch... rich is one of the best pure shooters around here and garret can handle the ball like no other..

First of all, I don't watch jr. high b-ball, haven't went to a game since my brother played and I could barely stand to go then. I'm not trying to put down garrett or rich at all. I guess when I say the words pure shooter and pure point guard I'm thinking along the lines of Nathan Aaron/Jo Bailey and Tim Reagan/Andy Asberry/ John Crouch. Maybe Garrett could get to the level Andy and Tim where but when I say pure ball handler and pure shooters, I'm thinking of players like that. Garrett and Rich may get their, but at this point its still up in the air. Those 8th graders are large boys, they need to drop some weight (which they have already dropped some from last year) to continue to compete at a high level in high school. They will have to get some speed. Good kids though.

First of all, I don't watch jr. high b-ball, haven't went to a game since my brother played and I could barely stand to go then. I'm not trying to put down garrett or rich at all. I guess when I say the words pure shooter and pure point guard I'm thinking along the lines of Nathan Aaron/Jo Bailey and Tim Reagan/Andy Asberry/ John Crouch. Maybe Garrett could get to the level Andy and Tim where but when I say pure ball handler and pure shooters, I'm thinking of players like that. Garrett and Rich may get their, but at this point its still up in the air. Those 8th graders are large boys, they need to drop some weight (which they have already dropped some from last year) to continue to compete at a high level in high school. They will have to get some speed. Good kids though.

there is one thing i actually agree with you on.

• 2 weeks later...

Its amusing after Pickett beat a gordonsville team without their football players some fans go ape and start hollerin were back; were back; and on this post even started talking trash about LA then go to RBS last night and get blowed out by a team Clay co. beat by 20. You guys can face the music you don't now or in near future have a team in waiting like the success you had 20 years ago or as you say in the 90's. You guys are struggling to be competive in class a right now much less challenging aa's most competive team in the upper cumberland area. All of us have our spotlite of great years in differant sports but reality is a fact we all must face. I'll just sit and wait enjoy the success JC has and always hope we'll be competive.

Its amusing after Pickett beat a gordonsville team without their football players some fans go ape and start hollerin were back; were back; and on this post even started talking trash about LA then go to RBS last night and get blowed out by a team Clay co. beat by 20. You guys can face the music you don't now or in near future have a team in waiting like the success you had 20 years ago or as you say in the 90's. You guys are struggling to be competive in class a right now much less challenging aa's most competive team in the upper cumberland area. All of us have our spotlite of great years in differant sports but reality is a fact we all must face. I'll just sit and wait enjoy the success JC has and always hope we'll be competive.

First of all....some of these fans are crazy....they think the first game of the season will tell how the whole season will go. Is PC back to where they where 5 years ago? 10 years ago? Not even close, but this team is greatly improved from last year. Every team lays an egg now and then. RBS beat Clay a couple of years ago when Clay was supposedly great. I don't bank any kind of money on one single game until January comes. PC played LA really really well. PC losing by 18 or 20 to LA was better than anyone thought it would be. With about 5 mins left in that game PC had cut the lead to single digits. Now we all knew LA was going to win that game, but PC played pretty well that game. PC has 200 students, JC has like 500, LA has over a thousand folks, its harder to fill the gaps when you have less students to choose from. This particular team plays to its competition. If they play a good team, they play well...a bad team, they play poorly. I think it is funny how JC people talk about us struggling to be competitive in class a, when JC is so big that they should be classified as class aa. Right now PC is down, their is no doubt about that, but lets not say they are down for good. PC has got some players coming. It may be two or three years, but this program will be back competing for district and region championships before long. PC will play with JC and Clay Co. this season, trust me.

red boiling springs beat pickett 56-40 ha :thumb: LA will never have a prob wit the bobcats

never? you mean as never in ever? Yeah, I said that ten years ago about PC was never going to lose to LA again, and that has happened. Now PC won't beat LA this season, they won't beat them next or the seasons to follow, but never? PC will get one again eventually. PC could get back to their glory days again, it may be ten years, but it'll happen. Never say never.

JC dose not play any single a teams except Oliver springs outside our district and we are single a because of enrollment but my coach always said when we played there was only one class that all schools played 5 at a time and those students that don't whether 50 or 5000 don't make a differance but I'll be the first too agree you have more to pick from but the 10-14 boys that play determine the outcome. When I was in school (a long time ago) we were in same class as LA, Cookeville, york and other large schools that made up the old 14th district and us and LA played for district champs most years. And Pickett co. has a rich tradition that they should be proud of, but its because they've had good players and coaching through the years not because of number of students that don't play.Most teams dress out 10-15 players no matter how many in school.