Webb Spartans vs USJ..Championship Game

utvolzfan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USJ is extremely good. They pass and pass and pass and then hit you with a run. Their QB is definately one of the best QB's in the state and rarely ever throws a bad pass. He's also only a Junior this year as well. His go to WR's are Dusty Bright and Austin Martindale. Martindale was all-state last year as a Junior. Webb's secondary better be prepared for a very tough passing team. I saw USJ earlier this season in the jamboree @ USJ and I saw Knox Webb play Catholic. I honestly believe USJ will pull this one out, but won't be surprised to see Knox Webb win it either. Should be an awesome game!

USJ runs from a 4 wide receiver spread on most every play. Most times the backfield is either empty or 1 back. They make line calls and are very effective throwing where you "aint". Having seen both teams in the last two weeks this one is very hard to call.

:idea::idea:

USJ runs the spread. They'll hit you with a couple of slants, curls, etc. and then hit you with a deep ball. They mix up their offense very well. When I say Jake Overbey is probably the best passing QB in the state, I'm not being sarcastic. His arm is very strong and if he needs to he can tuck and run as well.

Their defense is solid. They have some big guys up front and their LB's can lay a lick.

This game is really looking like it will be a very good game. The speed of the webb spartans against the spread attack of USJ is going to be a great matchup. The spartans are used to this game, they will be playing in this game for the 3rd time out of the past 5 years, and are looking to win their second state championship in the past 5 years therefore experience could play a factor in this one.

Jake Overby really may be the best QB in the state. He has a very strong arm, and he is pinpoint accurate. I saw him throw 3 passes in the game with FACS that were 50 yard throws, and he hit the WR in stride. The WR dropped one of them, or he would have had over 400 yards passing that night.

They cant run the ball very well. Thier line is small. Thier defense is not very good. But, you will have to outscore USJ to win. They will score points.

just sayin my spartans really stepped up last friday nite against ecs. from what i hear ecs wuz a very good team with a ton of talent. webb really took it to them from the start. i don't think ecs wuz ready for what the spartans hit em with. now its time to play for the ship. when i wuz at webb i got me a ring. nobody can ever take that away from me. yall need to be ready & focus. usj is going to cookeville to beat u & take ur ring. yea yall beat ecs but yall havnt finish ur bizness yet. seniors u only have one shot to get that ring. usj is legit so yall need to bring it.

USJ is extremely good. They pass and pass and pass and then hit you with a run. Their QB is definately one of the best QB's in the state and rarely ever throws a bad pass. He's also only a Junior this year as well. His go to WR's are Dusty Bright and Austin Martindale. Martindale was all-state last year as a Junior. Webb's secondary better be prepared for a very tough passing team. I saw USJ earlier this season in the jamboree @ USJ and I saw Knox Webb play Catholic. I honestly believe USJ will pull this one out, but won't be surprised to see Knox Webb win it either. Should be an awesome game!

There is a HUGE difference in gibson county and Knoxville Catholic, who was the defending class 3a champion i believe. Jake Overbee is a very good qb, and martindale broke the state recieving TD record this season as well. That being said, the O-line is very suspect, the running game is mediocre at best, and the defense is pretty good. Their favorite run play is a counter with the tackle and guard pulling, run by both the qb and rb, dont go under center much at all. Also, didnt webb smack ecs, who pretty much handled USJ? I take Webb by 3 TD's.