Reclassifying for 2010

PtownPanthers

I have been hearing all sorts of rumors that the TSSAA will possibly make changes to the playoff system which could result in reclassification. I know that it happens every 4 years but if they change the playoff system they have to reclassify because they cannot have teams from 5A-6A in the same district anymore. Just wondering if anyone else knows anymore information on this.

I have been hearing all sorts of rumors that the TSSAA will possibly make changes to the playoff system which could result in reclassification. I know that it happens every 4 years but if they change the playoff system they have to reclassify because they cannot have teams from 5A-6A in the same district anymore. Just wondering if anyone else knows anymore information on this.

I don't think any classification or district realignments are going to take place. I do think the playoff system will be adjusted/changed in some way.

With the increase of job losses in Portland you may be eligible to drop down if your school attendance drops by a certain percentage. That drop will not be looked at however until after 2010 season. Portland really was unfortunate to be placed in 9AAA. They just didn't have the depth to go with the other schools in the district. They had the fight just not enough bodies to go 4 quarters with everyone else.

With the increase of job losses in Portland you may be eligible to drop down if your school attendance drops by a certain percentage. That drop will not be looked at however until after 2010 season. Portland really was unfortunate to be placed in 9AAA. They just didn't have the depth to go with the other schools in the district. They had the fight just not enough bodies to go 4 quarters with everyone else.

I wasn't trying to make any excuses and wave88 knows what im talking about. I was just wondering because like wave88 posted, we are actually under the number for 5A by like 40 students now.

I don't think there will be a reclass this year and there shouldn't be, not this year. You just about have to go to years, for the home/home games, out of state games, etc. I do believe that something should be done about reworking the playoff system, as I think there are a lot of good teams that were left out while some bad ones made it in.

Regardless, it is what it is and we just have to play through it.