Divison II AA- Will BA Repeat?

freesafety15

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BGA got very lucky in the Ensworth series. Ensworth out played and out hit them in every game but couldn't finish.

Don't think they out hit them! Only the first game.

Total hits BGA 21 EHS 20

Game 1 hits EHS 10 BGA 8

Game 2 hits BGA 7 EHS 5

Game 3 hits BGA 6 EHS 5

Out playing BGA but loosing the game doesn't mean much.

Not according to our stat book.

BGA got very lucky in the Ensworth series. Ensworth out played and out hit them in every game but couldn't finish.

Don't think they out hit them! Only the first game.

Total hits BGA 21 EHS 20

Game 1 hits EHS 10 BGA 8

Game 2 hits BGA 7 EHS 5

Game 3 hits BGA 6 EHS 5

Out playing BGA but loosing the game doesn't mean much.

• 2 weeks later...

I sure wish Webb School of Knoxville was still in DII-AA. This crap of playing Ezell-Harding, St. Edwards-Sewannee, etc. is hardly riveting. Football was bad enough, but it's tough to get excited during the regular season for DII-A baseball. What can anyone tell me about the Mid-State "A" teams, Davidson Academy and Mt. Juliet Academy? Webb gets them in the next couple of weeks. They're sitting at 11-1 right now with a nice win over Knoxville Bearden.

Certainly baseball is harder to predict than basketball and football, but is anyone still predicting MBA to be last? I believe they have only lost a single Division II game. I believe the new three game series format has benefited them. Having 8 good pitchers is better under this type of scheduling versus having a great #1 and #2 with nothing behind them. What does everyone else think?

MBA continues to play good baseball. Pitching and defense have both been above average...the Big Red is crushing the baseball. The lineup top to bottom is really hitting the ball and scoring lots of runs. All the remaining series are going to be hard fought. BGA this week, EHS next week, then PJP2 and BA. Lots of ball to be played but a great start to the season.

I sure wish Webb School of Knoxville was still in DII-AA. This crap of playing Ezell-Harding, St. Edwards-Sewannee, etc. is hardly riveting. Football was bad enough, but it's tough to get excited during the regular season for DII-A baseball. What can anyone tell me about the Mid-State "A" teams, Davidson Academy and Mt. Juliet Academy? Webb gets them in the next couple of weeks. They're sitting at 11-1 right now with a nice win over Knoxville Bearden.

It would be nice to add Webb School to the DII-AA east region. As for baseball they are in the wrong DII level. They could complete with the every DII AA team this year.

Who does have an England Smith? Personally I'm not blown away by Tollison....he's agood pitcher but not dominant. Smith is special and will be nearly automatic each start. I think MBA will get good pitching from alot of arms....Reinhart,Kohls,Colbert,Baker,Lee,Reigle,Oldacre,Sandwith all have experience. There are a couple of younger guys throwing the ball well also. We will know soon enough.

That's true enough. I would just feel more comfortable ranking them higher if they had a legit #1 or at least a strong #2. I just saw a bunch of 3 and 4s. Time will tell.

I believe MBA has proved they have good pitching. Lacking a true #1, they have 3 solid starters and many others that can come in to close out a game. Oldacre, Colbert, and Baker I believe are the three starters. All having good seasons.

With just 3 weeks till end of regular season here are the DII-AA East/Middle standings:

MBA 10-2

BA 9-3

JP2 7-5

EHS 6-6

Baylor 6-6

BGA 6-6

McCallie 3-9

Ryan 1-11

This week big matchup BA vs. JP2, MBA vs EHS and Baylor vs McCallie.

The division is evenly matched except for Father Ryan. McCallie can be a spoiler of a team as BA found out this past weekend as McCallie won 1 of 3. Both EHS and Baylor are showing some life here lately. BGA wins out against Ryan, McCallie and wins 2 of 3 against Baylor. MBA has been a surprise but still has a series with BA and JP2.

Can MBA stay on top? Any thoughts?