Divison II AA- Will BA Repeat?

freesafety15

With just 3 weeks till end of regular season here are the DII-AA East/Middle standings:

MBA 10-2

BA 9-3

JP2 7-5

EHS 7-5

Baylor 6-6

BGA 6-6

McCallie 3-9

Ryan 0-12

This week big matchup BA vs. JP2, MBA vs EHS and Baylor vs McCallie.

The division is evenly matched except for Father Ryan. McCallie can be a spoiler of a team as BA found out this past weekend as McCallie won 1 of 3. Both EHS and Baylor are showing some life here lately. BGA wins out against Ryan, McCallie and wins 2 of 3 against Baylor. MBA has been a surprise but still has a series with BA and JP2.

Can MBA stay on top? Any thoughts?

I think you have one thing wrong. I think Ryan won the last game with Ensworth if I saw the score right on the Tennessean. You might check that one just to see.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 5 or 6 teams that are evenly matched and that will have every opportunity to win the region. Baylor may be playing the best of everybody right now. Im pretty sure BA has 4 losses(Baylor twice, BGA,and McCallie). Alot of great baseball coming up and all this is just for seeding. Once the tournament is seeded and starts there wont be any free passes.

Current Division II Middle/East standing:

MBA- (10-2), Have Ensworth, PJPII, and BA remaining

BA- (9-3), Have PJPII, Enswoth, and BA remaining

PJPII- (7-5), Have BA, MBA, and Ensworth remaining

Baylor- (6-6), Have McCallie, Ryan, and BGA remaining

BGA- (6-6), Have Ryan, McCallie, and Baylor remaining

Ensworth (6-6), Have MBA, BA, and PJPII remaining

McCallie (3-9), Have Baylor, BGA, and Ryan remaining

Ryan (1-11), Have BGA, Baylor, and McCalle remaining

Ensworth beats MBA 9-2 yesterday.

You would think EHS would learn their lesson beating MBA in regular season sports only to get beaten in playoffs (Football/basketball).

I predict the winner of the East/Middle DII AA will have have lost 6 league games this year.

MBA now has 3 loses with 8 league games to play.

The key will be making plays and solid pitching. It comes down to that every year.

Yesterday's game was a surprise for sure. However, it was the first start of the season (outside of spring break in Memphis when he was injured) for Cody Tollison who is Ensworth's # 1 pitcher. Cody went the whole way and may be peaking at the right time. I agree anyone can win this, perhaps except for FR.

Ensworth beats MBA 9-2 yesterday.

You would think EHS would learn their lesson beating MBA in regular season sports only to get beaten in playoffs (Football/basketball).

I predict the winner of the East/Middle DII AA will have have lost 6 league games this year.

MBA now has 3 loses with 8 league games to play.

The key will be making plays and solid pitching. It comes down to that every year.