Thomas Greer (West Carroll)

ppotts34

I read that Thomas Greer of West Carroll had 45 in a loss against Milan. Then I heard today that he had 40 against Trenton (another loss) a few days before the Milan game. It looks like he is going to put up unreal numbers this year, but my question is, with those numbers, how are they losing! Is he unbelievably selfish? Someone let me know about him. I haven't seen him play (and won't if he is selfish) just curious if he is worth making a trip to watch.

I read that Thomas Greer of West Carroll had 45 in a loss against Milan. Then I heard today that he had 40 against Trenton (another loss) a few days before the Milan game. It looks like he is going to put up unreal numbers this year, but my question is, with those numbers, how are they losing! Is he unbelievably selfish? Someone let me know about him. I haven't seen him play (and won't if he is selfish) just curious if he is worth making a trip to watch.

The 45 against Milan was without a 3 pt shot made and the 40 against Trenton was with him sitting most of the 2nd quarter. Thomas is very impressive, does everything well and is very unselfish. His team probably lacks quality depth but the other starters are very capable. The 2 losses were close games where depth was a factor. Definitely worth the trip. Austin Peay stole a great one.

Greer may very well be the best single A player in TN. He's got height. I believe he's 6'4". He can handle the ball...dribbling and passing. He can shoot the 3 well. And, he can drive to the hoop. He's a fierce competitor, and he's the son of a coach...so, he knows the game.

He should have gone somewhere bigger than Austin Peay, and why in the world did not UTM go after him strong?????

UTM did go after Greer. At one point UTM was the only D1 school with a firm standing offer to Greer. Drake was also after Greer, how high the interest is unclear but they were certainly interested. Greer was also on Arkansas's radar. He most likely wouldn't play right away at a school like Arkansas but they were showing interest. When I say interest I mean much more than recieving mail every week to.

I agree about Greer being the best player in single A. He should be the clear front runner for single A MR Basketball in my opinion.