Sullivan South Offseason Thread

WaCoJaCo

its all about the chms boys and who the pigskin pparents say who should and shouldnt play its a fact

Fact?? If there are 100 people that read this today, 98 of them, no 99 (all except you) of them, even little "Billy"---are saying, "Idiot". You may be a fine, upstanding member of our South Community, deserving of the upmost respect-----but that statement destroyed it all, because only an idot would believe that. But, no harm, you are safe. Think about changing your name there slugger.

Better yet, get involved with the Pigskin Parents, make a contribution, and see what those folks really do. Oh, by the way--come on and be truthful---did you donate this year to your son's pregame meals? or did I donate this year to your son's pregame meals?. I'm just saying-------------Get on board--Woo-Woo!!!!!!!!!! If you are a father of a player, I'd be willing to bet that he has the same attitude. The pigskin parents are losing alot of good folks this year and if you want to make a difference, there's your chance---if not, just keep up with the "woe is me" verbage. There are alot of good people from Sullivan Gardens and fine young men. Don't insult them with this garbage. I'm just saying:::::

you didnt pay for my boy he hasnt played for south for 2 years,,,,,,, so now its all about how much money you got... i dont care what happens at south i'll still go watch.... ppl like you paying a kids pregame meal than and letting everyone know makes you a good guy....cause of u i beat everyone knows the kid that you paid his meals.... so why dont you go ask the kid for your money back... than maybe you want be so rude to the kid

Could you put that in English, please?? O.K., so I missed the fact that you are not a current parent, but your latest does prove that you don't know what you are talking about. I don't have a clue what you are saying about the money. Ask who for the money back??? You're still an idiot.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you now that Stacy was an Army Ranger and his military disipline is real. Stacy can quell an argument without saying a word. He can bust you in the mouth without clinching a fist. It's not just Stacy that has this ability but it is a man's man.

Let me tell you guys something: I heard that before he goes to bed at night, Chuck Norris looks to see if STACY CARTER is under HIS bed! Now that's some kind of adversity right there!

I tell you now that Stacy was an Army Ranger and his military disipline is real. Stacy can quell an argument without saying a word. He can bust you in the mouth without clinching a fist. It's not just Stacy that has this ability but it is a man's man.

Let me tell you guys something: I heard that before he goes to bed at night, Chuck Norris looks to see if STACY CARTER is under HIS bed! Now that's some kind of adversity right there!

Wading boots are required from here on out. :roll:

You know you been missin me WaCoJaco. lol It was gettin a little deep so I got out my boots and some humor. Course last I heard, Stacy was offered $100,000 a year and a car to go over to the Hill. lol Now if they was to throw in a trip to Hawaii for Mrs. Coach Carter, that offer might fly. Maybe some pearls too. Oh yeah, and before I forget it, for all of you pundits who seems to have the "inside" scoop. If you woke up this morning, it's because Stacy Carter LET you wake up.

The Hawg!

[quote="compusatman

But I don't think he will go. Just my opinion. But one part of me wants him to go to prove a point. The other part of me wants him to stay and prove a point. We will know soon enough.

That got me there bud. I don't think he needs to go and the more I look at it, people would be crazy to move from a sure thing to a volcanic place like the Hill. They expect gold but don't put the resources or support in, not anything like the South community has done.

• 3 weeks later...
Random thoughts on the south football program:

Congratulations to the team and coaching staff on an outstanding season. Dealing with personal tragedy and perservering to earn a berth in the state semi-finals was inspirational to all involved with the Rebel program. I'm certainly in no position to speak for Jake's family, but I believe all this team has done collectively and individually, honors Jake to the highest degree. May God continue to bless us in the memory of #54.

As for the Columbia game: slow start offensively for us set the tone. No excuses but overnight travel is a different routine for high school teams and may have left us a little outside our comfort zone. Defense played well enough to win. The interceptions were costly and seemed to me to be more on our WRs than on our QB. Columbia appeared to own the line of scrimmage in this one. I wonder if another offensive formation may have helped us generate a better running attack. Great plays in a game of few offensive gems were the fly route to Seth and the early screen to Clint. A couple of nice pass break-ups by soph Hutchins.

On who plays and why: I believe this coaching staff does a very good job of evaluating talent and placing players where they will help the team win games.Each position coach has input in who plays or doesn't at that particular position. QBs typically do not play defense because of fear of injury and probably because Coach Carter likes having them close by while the D is on the field to discuss what is working or is not. CP played defense not to bolster his stats for honors or scholly bids ,but because the schedule got tougher at year's end and because the play-offs are win or go home. He was simply a superior athelete that needed to be involved on that side of the ball to use his speed and aggressiveness. The notion that any of that was done to pump him up is hogwash.

On why there is not more game participation for player development: I have been somewhat critical. this is what JV games are for however we rarely get to play them unless against SH,TN HI, or D-B. In the past, I felt Coach Carter left 1st teamers in too long with games well in hand. Personal preference I guess in how sharp you feel your unit needs to be. In fairness this year there were simply not many opportunities, Volunteer and Central being the only 2 comfortable leads to play others. I believe George Quarles is a good model for a lot of high school coaching methods,but especially in this area of knowing when a game is in hand and then playing 2nd teamers for the future. Margins of victory are not as great perhaps but they seem to do a great job of reloading.

On coaching changes: This coaching staff will be the same for spring ball. The SH AD is looking. The Rebel staff like all of us is wondering how many years we have with "things the way they have been".South enrollment is sure to decline,but reclassification could be a good thing(see Greeneville's gold ball campaign and no D-:thumb:.

The current talent level is good enough to continue to challenge for championships over the next 3 years. Anyone suggesting that the talent level has dried up at South is greatly misinformed. this coaching staff is very close.They enjoy one another and work together well. Coach Weston is close to retirement but don't be surprised if he doesn't stay on beyond his time. He is all football and brings a toughness to the team that is needed. We are very fortunate to have these men together as a staff.

Next years team: QB is solid in part to Aaron's issues during the season. Heath proved he is more than able and he should get off to a fast start in his SR. year. Backup QB will be a big issue in spring ball and that will be settled then. A transfer may still be a possibility. Whether Rogers or Weaver, both of these will be starting at another position on the team as both are too valuable as athletes to sit. Coach Haynie is a master at developing linemen and will have his work cut out to build around Solt and Hyder. Linebackers will be of interest too as players like Phillips and Garvin are hard to reload. Griggs should lead the way. Defensive backs look good with all the experience that was gained this year. Hutchins,Wagner and Rowland will lead the way. The kicking game should only get stronger with Fenyves having a good year as a soph.

Next year: a goodteam but a tougher schedule. I look for Knox West to be solid at QB with Francis back. Greeneville tough with Spradlin and Story back, Daniel Boone even better with bothQBs back and what was a heavy JR.laden team,Central improving,Dobyns-Bennett back where we expect them,SH much improved,Volunteer better,Gate City much better as they also were JR heavy, and Crockett and Tn Hi to be significantly worse. In general a more challenging gauntlet than we faced this year.

Good luck Rebels in 2010 :thumb: REBEL NATION

I'm done with this. Whiny, disgruntled parents? I am not a parent of a current player. I have relatives that will go through South and know a few of the players.

All I have said here is that all young men who suit up should get a fair shot. How can reasonable people argue with that?

The ones on here, that have the stars picked out for next year and in bold print say that they know who should ride the bench are typical water cooler coaches who have no clue or parents that think their sons have a vested right in their position.

If any of the new players and the transfers (that I hear may very well take some of these starting spots) for South visit this site, and I hope you do not, let me say this: I believe you will get a fair shot next year. I do not believe any of the above posters have a clue or influence as to who will get playing time and who will not. South needs your help and will welcome you with open arms if you are willing to work hard.

:thumb:

I agree with part of this. But I am soooooooooooooo tired of when people talk about LINEBACKERS Ethan Long is never mentioned. Yes I am his mother, but he had fare more tackles than Clint Phillips can you not aleast acknowledge that. Clint stayed hurt alot, missed some practices and just because he is Curt's brother comments like this continue. Don't get me wrong I love Clint. But he did not play this year like my son did. Ethan was also the long and short snapper so don't think someone stepping into his shoes will be easy. Period.

Holy Batcrap, Batwoman. You are responding to something written 21 days ago. Did it take you this long to get worked up over this innocent post by the Crawdaddy? You probably have a legitimate complaint about the "Money" not getting as much "AirTime" as he might have normally deserved, under normal circumstances, but you have no right to call a player by name and point another player out and plug your son at another players expense. That is NOT RIGHT---totally distasteful---totally not acceptable. Grow up. Don't bother--even though the "Money" may have deserved more attention, you cannot justify your actions on here with this irresponsible post---Don't bother trying.

I agree with part of this. But I am soooooooooooooo tired of when people talk about LINEBACKERS Ethan Long is never mentioned. Yes I am his mother, but he had fare more tackles than Clint Phillips can you not aleast acknowledge that. Clint stayed hurt alot, missed some practices and just because he is Curt's brother comments like this continue. Don't get me wrong I love Clint. But he did not play this year like my son did. Ethan was also the long and short snapper so don't think someone stepping into his shoes will be easy. Period.

This post is a perfect example of why your son asked you not to post on Coach T.

By the way, I caught a short snapper one time....had to throw him back in the river....since he was too short. :thumb:

This post is a perfect example of why your son asked you not to post on Coach T.

By the way, I caught a short snapper one time....had to throw him back in the river....since he was too short. :thumb:

I wasn't talking about airtime I was talking about What crawdad said that linebacker's Ty and Clint were going to be hard to replace. That's all you need to pay attention to what you read for God's sake and thanks for letting me know who you are by saying that's why my son didn't want me on Coach T. So have you heard the other news that's been on the radio or do you hate me so bad that you are not paying attention. I have to plug him as you say because no one else seems to notice him or pay attention on here do they? It's all about someone else.

Holy Batcrap, Batwoman. You are responding to something written 21 days ago. Did it take you this long to get worked up over this innocent post by the Crawdaddy? You probably have a legitimate complaint about the "Money" not getting as much "AirTime" as he might have normally deserved, under normal circumstances, but you have no right to call a player by name and point another player out and plug your son at another players expense. That is NOT RIGHT---totally distasteful---totally not acceptable. Grow up. Don't bother--even though the "Money" may have deserved more attention, you cannot justify your actions on here with this irresponsible post---Don't bother trying.

I waited 21 days because coach t is not my life. And I don't ready on here everyday. Thank God I don't have to read this crap everyday my blood pressure would go through the roof. And since you know who I am. Who are you? I am not afraid to say who I am.

I wasn't talking about airtime I was talking about What crawdad said that linebacker's Ty and Clint were going to be hard to replace. That's all you need to pay attention to what you read for God's sake and thanks for letting me know who you are by saying that's why my son didn't want me on Coach T. So have you heard the other news that's been on the radio or do you hate me so bad that you are not paying attention.

You drank your lunch, didn't you. Just kidding.

Joking aside, I have no clue what you just wrote.