SEQ.FOOTBALL

red_nation

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's offical MONGO signed to play for Cumberland University

Hey Don, thats great to hear! I been wondering what he ever decided to do. Just like Bigclittleh said, hes another example of dedication to the weightroom will do. Maybe while he is still in school, he can motivate some of the younger kids to hit the weightroom.

GO CHIEFS!!!

It's offical MONGO signed to play for Cumberland University

I talked to him Tuesday,and hes a great kid.Those kids that played the last two years were a special group.Even though Mongo as you call him was a year behind JR CB JW ,HE HAD THEIR HEART FOR HARD WORK.I'm glad i had a chance to be part of their lifes and will never forget them.They are doing so well,Brewster is in the military and doing well from what i hear,Storm and Big Bell are walk ons at Tusculum and Jake is at utc playing for the Mocs.John Ray is at THE CITADEL.And ELI is playing baseball at Berea.So hard work does pay off.I just want them to know i'm proud of them.

GO CHIEFS!!!

It is great to hear that Big Bell is playing at Tusculum. He will be a contributor before his 4 years are up. That is a result of his determination and hard work in the weight room. If we could just get these young guys to understand that we would be so much better. One of the freshmen partents said they could begin working out after the first of the year but I am not sure if that has happened yet. Helms, Dyer, Arp, Bowers, and maybe a few more are in baseball and will join the team after baseball is complete.

i can promise you that they will be very very far behind because coming from past experiences the baseball coach doesnt exactly push the lifting very heavy in baseball except maybe for the first week or so then they just stop lifting all together .hmmm not good. the football team however is actually working very hard we have about 26-30 everyday and the upcoming freshman start tomorrow.

The way you post, you seem to be a coach or someone very close to the program. If you are a coach, it is very disappointing to see a post like this. I would hate to think that a coach in the school would be on here badmouthing another coach in the school. Very unprofessional! From what i seen of the football team, you guys should worry more about yourselves, than to knock a program's coach who is being far more successful than yours. If you are not a coach, well really the same thing applies.

Ok i resent this post for one thing i wasnt bad mouthing anyone . all i said was that the baseball coach chooses to spend his time running and throwing and hitting rather than lifting weights and that is perfectly fine for baseball all i was saying was that that is why they will be behind and probably wont catch up.and if you think that w dont concentrate on our sport i would like to see you do the things that we do every day.Im so glad that people like this blow things way out of proportion that is why we are at where we are today.

dyer is going to play .and arp will just miss spring practice.

What position do you coach.I'm worried about the line because of youth and depth.It seems the skill positions will be okay if they all play and bar any injuries.Line is the key without it skill means nothing.Who will fills the holes left the last 2 years.I know peels and wiggins ,just wondering who else.Any names.

yes the skill positions will be ok.Now about the line we return 3 you could even say 4 starters.The returning starters that played every game on the offensive line are Peels Arp Wiggins and if you recall at the end of the year Helms played on the o line. So that will be 3 seniors and 1 junior and like i say there are about 34 freshman and about 12 of those are lineman and they are gigantic the biggest at 320 lbs.and i really think that they can push these older guys for a starting job if they work hard enough.

Go Chiefs

Hey All, just got back from the spring game at Tusculum, wow the speed of the game is so much faster at the next level, and whoo the hitting was ferocious (<-not spelled correct, i know), maybe it was because we down on the field next to them, IDK. Former Sequoyah players Corvette and Bell represented well, Big Bell got alot of time in at both gaurd positions, Corvette got time in at at the wideout position.

As for the incoming freshmen of this season at SQHS, they are hard at work in the weight room, and yeah a couple of freshmen will more than likely help out this season, more than likely on the defensive line and a speedster maybe on special teams, look for another solid year for the JV. Heard that Sophmore to be, Huffman, is benching at 285, this kid is going to be a monster. Last years incoming freshmen and this years, both Vonore and Madisonville, are making alot of noise. Still trying to figure out what to expect this season, really looking forward to spring practice, alot of unknowns, MY GOODNESS I LOVE FOOTBALL!

GO CHIEFS!!!

Hey All, just got back from the spring game at Tusculum, wow the speed of the game is so much faster at the next level, and whoo the hitting was ferocious (<-not spelled correct, i know), maybe it was because we down on the field next to them, IDK. Former Sequoyah players Corvette and Bell represented well, Big Bell got alot of time in at both gaurd positions, Corvette got time in at at the wideout position.

As for the incoming freshmen of this season at SQHS, they are hard at work in the weight room, and yeah a couple of freshmen will more than likely help out this season, more than likely on the defensive line and a speedster maybe on special teams, look for another solid year for the JV. Heard that Sophmore to be, Huffman, is benching at 285, this kid is going to be a monster. Last years incoming freshmen and this years, both Vonore and Madisonville, are making alot of noise. Still trying to figure out what to expect this season, really looking forward to spring practice, alot of unknowns, MY GOODNESS I LOVE FOOTBALL!

GO CHIEFS!!!

I am happy for christian he worked hard his four years and deserves what he gets. as for the weightroom peels and huffman are at a max of 325.

It's great to hear that the kids are in the weightroom. I just hope a leash can be put to those that caused so much last season. It's a shame parents and kids have forgot what respect is when it comes to the head coach. If those kids and their parents aren't willing to do what Coacj Satterfield AND his assistants say, I say kick them all off and let them go to sweetwater. Sequoyah wouldn't have had the season they had if not for those few kids. I hope Coach Satterfield becomes once again the coach of old that it's either his way or the highway!

It's great to hear that the kids are in the weightroom. I just hope a leash can be put to those that caused so much last season. It's a shame parents and kids have forgot what respect is when it comes to the head coach. If those kids and their parents aren't willing to do what Coacj Satterfield AND his assistants say, I say kick them all off and let them go to sweetwater. Sequoyah wouldn't have had the season they had if not for those few kids. I hope Coach Satterfield becomes once again the coach of old that it's either his way or the highway!

Without naming names, would you care to explain what "respect" problem you are talking about that caused the "season they had.."

When players quit, then they are allowed to return tot he team without question under orders from the administration, then refusal to listen to their coaches and do as they are told is a total lack of respect for the coaches that are in charge. When the respect is lost and players are doing their own thing, that is when games go wrong. Sequoyah is one of the most talented schools in east Tennessee. Kids like Kince Rodgers, Blake Huffman, Trey Dyer just to name a few says alot! There is no reason why this team should have went 0-10.