Chattanooga area top 10

Indian

This wasn't easy, so early. Just an opinion based on how the teams have done so far. Schedule strength is a big part of it.

1-Cleveland (ahead of WV due to schedule strength)

2-Walker Valley (beat rival Bradley by 44, won their tournament against three AA teams)

3-McMinn Central (ahead of Polk until, if and when, Polk beats them)

4-Polk County (lost by just 2 to 4A Northwest Georgia HS, a group with 6’3” and 6’5” posts)

5-Chattanooga Christian (good win over Gordon Lee, GA, trailed WV by 1 at the half)

6-Grundy County (undefeated)

7-GPS (I only have one result for them, by around 35 over Tyner)

8-Arts and Sciences (two losses, to Clay and by 4 to Pickett)

9-Bradley Central (several losses against good teams, but got past Red Bank)

10-Red Bank (lost to Baylor, but nearly defeated Walker Valley)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wasn't easy, so early. Just an opinion based on how the teams have done so far. Schedule strength is a big part of it.

1-Cleveland (ahead of WV due to schedule strength)

2-Walker Valley (beat rival Bradley by 44, won their tournament against three AA teams)

3-McMinn Central (ahead of Polk until, if and when, Polk beats them)

4-Polk County (lost by just 2 to 4A Northwest Georgia HS, a group with 6’3” and 6’5” posts)

5-Chattanooga Christian (good win over Gordon Lee, GA, trailed WV by 1 at the half)

6-Grundy County (undefeated)

7-GPS (I only have one result for them, by around 35 over Tyner)

8-Arts and Sciences (two losses, to Clay and by 4 to Pickett)

9-Bradley Central (several losses against good teams, but got past Red Bank)

10-Red Bank (lost to Baylor, but nearly defeated Walker Valley)

Way to early to be picking the top 10.

I agree, later would be better. And one other suggestion, unless its a great deal of work(And i know it is) Seperate the shools by Divisions by rankings down there. Later on the newspapers and two or three posters usually do it. Make sure you especially do DIA. Nobody has ever put out of state schools in the results or rnkings. of course, it would help if those schools could put their schedules on T and someone post results of games. It's a great area for fan help and support. Another area that could be helped is the Knoxville area with those rankings by Divisions. District 3 and 4.

Cleveland, Walker Valley, Bradley are Class AAA. McMinn Central, Polk, Chattanooga Christian, Grundy, Red Bank are Class AA. Red Bank is new to AA this year. Arts and Sciences is Class A. GPS is Division II.

Right now from results so far I'd put in Class AAA 1-Cleveland 2-Walker Valley 3-Bradley and not sure on the others. There are only about 8 Class AAA teams in the area, all now in one district.

AA 1-McMinn Central 2-Polk 3-Chattanooga Christian 4-Grundy 5-Red Bank. Not sure yet what Tyner and Brainerd have. The AA teams are spread over 3 districts.

A 1-Arts and Sciences 2-Whitwell 3-Marion County 4-Grace Academy 5-Silverdale Academy. The Class A teams are spread over 2 districts. Tellico Plains, down to A this year, would be right in there if you consider them Chattanooga area.

This is among right at 40 schools, from Polk and McMinn County west to Grundy County. No North Georgia teams though the line is blurring a little with lots more interstate matchups, teams competing in summer camps, etc

Considering he's been in the same district as that team, yeah, I'd assume he's seen them play a few times.

Couple thoughts. First, the TFP and Chattanoogan have dropped the ball in terms of reporting scores online. I'm sure the TFP has the scores in the paper every day, but they really should start putting them online. Anyway, I'm not bitter.

2nd, Walker Valley and Cleveland is going to be one of the most intriguing matchups of the year. On another note, Walker Valley's 44 point over Bradley was just impressive. I know Bradley is pretty young this year, but with the amount of talent that flows through that county, that result was just amazing. I'm not even sure Jackie Pickel could have saved Bradley that night. Speaking of which, I got to watch Pickel play in Cincinnati last night. She's a really good player. She had 22 points with about 8 minutes to go in the game (keeping them around 12 points behind instead of 18) before seemingly falling on her hip. Didn't shoot the same afterwards and did not hit another shot the rest of the game. Anyway, I'd even contend she is MTSU's best player. I know Clark was the leading scorer in the nation last year, but she cannot play in the post against taller players. She's listed as a 5'10 guard, but rarely left the horseshoe the entire night and was either being guarded by a 6'0 or 6'5 girl most of the night.

Anyway. What a tangent.

Looking at other teams in the top 10 right now, it will be interesting to see McMinn Central without Kylie Lambert for the first time in 4 years- she was dynamic at the point all 4 of those years. I have no doubt they are going to be excellent once again.

Polk County has Hollie German who is a game changer and a great shooter.

Looking through the results, CCS is without their leading scorer (or one of them... I don't remember) from last season at this point. I have no clue why she is out, or for how long, so don't ask. That's what happens when you're following the games from afar.

Grundy County is supposed to be very, very good this year, once again.

After that, I really don't have a lot of info about the rest of these teams. Red Bank was a very good team last year, though.