IMAC

SHS1

This tread got lost with another within the Best ET Teams thread. The IMAC will be competitive for sure. I could see the regular season top dog having 2,3,4 losses. I think the Monday - Tuesday schedule will help determine the best TEAM. By the way, we have learned a new grip on the snowball, fairly accurate too.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHS1, I agree, the top few teams will probably have 3 to 4 losses in district.

I just wish we could hear from Mo West & Mo East. We are also hearing some positives about Cherokee & Cocke Co with the new coaches. Have you guys played any yet?

I know most of the posters on this thread so far, and I think we mutually respect each other and their opinions. We are the new guys in the IMAC, SC, Seymour & SD. I would just like to hear what each team is looking like so far.

SC still needs to find consistent pitching. We have a strong offense and good defense. If we have a couple of pitchers develop, we could be really strong this year. We have looked pretty good against Catholic & Bearden so far. :thumb:

Hey Sol-mon2. Sounds like your team is doing well if they played well against Catholic and Bearden. I see that you guys are going to Campbell Co. tomorrow. West is supposed to have a good team this year, but some of their guys may still be in basketball. We will be at Karns for back to back 7 inning games against Heritage and Karns. We have 8 Sr, 8 Jr and 1 Soph. We scrimmaged Powell last Saturday for 12 innings and lost 8-5. Pitching was not very sharp and hitting was kinda streaky. Powells #1 guy was on and he went 4 innings on us holding us scoreless. I thought about going up to Seymour in the evening to see them play Maryville and Halls. I would like to know if the varsity will be playing these last two games cause I was told by a Maryville mom today that she thought the JV will be playing these games. Maybe SHS1 could let me know. Good luck except when you play the Keees!

South Doyle won both of their scrimmages today. Won over Karns 3-2 in 7 innings and won over Heritage 6-2 in 6 innings. Plenty of room for improvement but felt good to be on this side. Evaluation is what it is all about this time of year and it is good to see healthy competition and emerging team play. For many this a first varsity experience so some nerves and mistakes are bound to occur, but it just felt good to watch these guys play. :?:GO SD Kees :

SC beat Fulton 7-0, lost to Campbell Co 2-1, then beat Knox West 2-0.

Our bats were not awake for the most part Sat. except for Zach Flynn's first 3 ABs, 3-3 2 HRs and 7 RBIs over 2 games. Pitching look pretty good. 2 runs against were both unearned. We had 4 errors against CC, and CC has a good lefty that should keep them in a lot of games.

CC was very muched improved over last year, they didn't make an error against us. They lost to Knox West 4-1 in the first game. Fulton is going to struggle. Knox West very solid team with at least 2 good pitchers that I saw Sat.

The thing that I don't understand though is the thinking of some of these coaches. We pitched 2 different pitchers per game, 3 innings & 2 innings. CC thew their guy the whole 5 innings & so did Knox West, (they also both threw the same pitcher all 5 against each other). In my opinion, WAY too early to be throwing 80 to 100 pitches. We are looking to get everyone experience on the mound, mainly because we haven't set our rotation yet, 6 pitchers saw the mound Sat. I would think that is what these others teams are trying to do too! See what they have. Yes we want to win, but the REAL games don't start till next week!

Great day to be on the diamond! :thumb: Hope the weather holds for a while! We go to Farragut Wed for our last scrimmage.

Jeff County's entire lineup from 1 to 9 hit well in all 3 games. Shade Jett homered and Austin Collins, Evan Kirkpatrick and Pokey Lewis had big hits. Defensively very sound, Bo Ausmus was solid at short and Lewis threw 3 or 4 out trying to steal and picked a couple of more off. Neil Lambert, Blake Paschal, Kirkpatrick and Cody McDaniel all pitched well. Jeff actually threw what could be number 4 pitcher in Blake Ballinger against Gibbs and he did a good job. If Jeff can get this type of output they should be strong.

South Doyle won both of their scrimmages today. Won over Karns 3-2 in 7 innings and won over Heritage 6-2 in 6 innings. Plenty of room for improvement but felt good to be on this side. Evaluation is what it is all about this time of year and it is good to see healthy competition and emerging team play. For many this a first varsity experience so some nerves and mistakes are bound to occur, but it just felt good to watch these guys play. :thumb:GO SD Kees :

Great to hear about the 'Kees doing well. Who looked good? Obviously got some good pitching. Who threw well?

Clifton, Giles, Kirkland, Thomas, Rogers, and Lett pitched for a total of 13 innings. Defense let them down a few times. I think there may have been a double and a few singles on them. I don't recall many Ks or BB. All 6 pitched well as I recall but I have slept a few times since then. No dingers by any team, but the wind was kinda holding the flys up a bit. Like i said earlier, jitters may have got our defense a few plays, but hey that is what scrimmages are all about. We have Halls @ home Wednesday afternoon @ 5:30 for the final scrimmage. The field is looking pretty good thanks to a lot of hard work by coaches and dads. GO Keeees!!!