Smith County football 2010?

owls32

they will get pounded by the lions again!!!!!

CC might. I mean after all they won this year. 1st time since 1995, and the time before that was 1982. So.....2 wins in in 28 years and ole Pigbun adds "again" ?? :flower: Nothing like beating a top notch program on average once every 14 years to instill a lot of confidence.

Sc will reload. #76 ,#45, #47, #22, #8, #4, #56, #64, #18, #3,#5,#10,#12,#17 have played a lot of ball. They know what they need to do to get better. There will be a few more that have it in them somewhere and will step up. Need a DB or 2, a couple of LBs, and a couple or three OL/DL. #79,#56,#64,#65 and a couple of other have got to hit the weights, get stronger, and get the footwork work better,,,,they will be fine.

SC has one of the finest programs anywhere. And rebuilding is a process that happens everyday that their kids workout or practice. Like Termite said SC just re-loads every year. And from what I have seen, the future looks bright for all the Owl Nation especially the next 2 - 3 years.

It is my understanding that the use of the indoor practice facility is in full steam at this time. Already going full force doing the things they are allowed to do.

I just hope that our young guys will be able to get bigger, stronger, and faster this off-season and use those tools plus the valuable experience that they gained from this past season to compete with Smith County when the Owls come to Ashland City in week zero.

If #4 plays QB for the Owls this next season I look for them to have much more of a running threat from the QB position. With Wakefield and Joshua Johnston returning we already know that the Owls will not be short of playmakers on the offensive side of the football.

I saw that #76 was on the list of linemen returning next season. Is he back? I know that the Owls will have to replace #72, #55, #69, & #58 up front. The biggest losses for the Owls have to be the trio of Brey, Tongate, & Pinson. Those guys were outstanding football players.

I just hope that our young guys will be able to get bigger, stronger, and faster this off-season and use those tools plus the valuable experience that they gained from this past season to compete with Smith County when the Owls come to Ashland City in week zero.

If #4 plays QB for the Owls this next season I look for them to have much more of a running threat from the QB position. With Wakefield and Joshua Johnston returning we already know that the Owls will not be short of playmakers on the offensive side of the football.

I saw that #76 was on the list of linemen returning next season. Is he back? I know that the Owls will have to replace #72, #55, #69, & #58 up front. The biggest losses for the Owls have to be the trio of Brey, Tongate, & Pinson. Those guys were outstanding football players.

Our leading tackler, Pinson, is back. Bray our second leading tackler was a senior. Tongate was also.

Yelp, #76 is just a Jr.. #45 Pinson is back, J.Johnston and Wakefield are back and Scurlock more than likely will be the QB. Another play maker that showed a lot of promise was #47. If, if, some of the younger guys get stronger, put in the work at getting better at other things, head placement, stepping with right foot, staying low and so on.... the line will be OK. Not haveing Wakefield this year hurt, You can't take anything away from Silva but he was banged up some and another back, and change of pace would have been big. I'm telling you now, there are a couple of 8th graders, next yrs Fr. that will push for some PT. They are decent size for their age, run very good and already bench 300 lbs.

The Lbs made big plays all year, but most of that is because #25/58, #50, #55, #72, and #76 freed them up to make plays. The only one returning is #76.

Dang Howdy, you know more about SC than we do - #4 has a good arm and several good receivers returning, no shortage of running backs, linebackers should be ok. As Termite stated, we need for a couple of linemen to step up and the Owls should be competitive next year. These linemen played quiet a bit this year.

Maynords going back to his bread and butter next year. Be ready for the veer howdy.

:thumb:

Maynords going back to his bread and butter next year. Be ready for the veer howdy.

:thumb:

You hit the nail on the head about the veer. The makeup of our backfield suits the veer. We have several backs that can make it work. Also, the Wildcat is feasable if you remember #4 running the ball when there was no hole and still picked up 6 yds.

Howdy how did your good running back with the knee injury get? Hopefully he came back and was able to play. Did he/will he have to have surgery?