Signal Mountain Basketball.

yeahbuddy

i have been interested in signal mountains new programs since the school has started, last year the eagles went 10-14 and lost in first round of playoffs.

this year i know they beat the struggling temple.

and i have "heard" they lost to van buren county?

the eagles have a very talented team but how is this possible to lose to van buren?

what is everyones take on the eagles winning the district in basketball or a second place, is their district championship hopes dead after to losing to the horrible van buren team?

i say the eagles could make some big fireworks this season with very few loses, but they sure need to do some soul searching after that disgraceful loss.

hopefully just a slow start on the season. good luck to the eagles!

Van Buren is NOT a good team at all.

But i see in the timesfreepress today that SM rebounded great from that loss, they must have played hard to beat silverdale by 24 and only score like 60 points.

if they can keep up their great defensive work ethic they have their chance of a district championship or top two finish.

SM's intense coach must have had them do a little soul searching like i suggested before, cause they sure got it done, keep up the good work.

yeahbuddy,

I had the priviledge over the last 4 years when VB was in district 9A to watch them play multiple times. While they struggled in the win/loss column last year every year they were a tough, solid team. The 3 years prior they were very good including going undefeated 2 years ago in the district regular season. If your team went 10-14 last year then maybe the soul searching you refer to will reveal that you need to worry more about your own team instead of running other teams down with no facts to base your opinions on. My guess is that last year was an aberration for VB and in fact, if you look at their records over the previous years it seems to be the norm that they are good in more years than they are below average. Even last year as they struggled they were competitive on a nightly basis and always played extremely hard. I doubt that you can find anyone in the district who has a negative thing to say about them from the 4 years they spent in 9A (except for maybe the long drive to their place. haha). After your disrespectful, asinine comments I will definitely cheer for your opponents throughout the year.

i love how you got really worked up about me saying that a bad team is bad :lol:

im sorry that i have higher expectations for a team i go for to not lose to such teams!! :lol:

im sure signal will beat them badly next time.

and indian very true, all signal mountain sports are like that, we dont draw a very big outside fan base!. :roflol:

I love how you call a team bad that you admittedly didn't even go watch play! :thumb: Do you have good sources? If not what are you going off of? You can add me to the list of Signal detractors - at least, until someone else from your community can come on here and convince me that not everyone on your "mountain" is so lacking in the sportsmanship category.

VB is not a bad team at all. They have a tendency to play down to their opponents but they are solid. THey have a solid starting five and a good bench very athletic. And they are young not a senior on tje team and 4 sophmore starters they will be a team to watch out for next year. I dont know who miss informed you but they were wrong. have a great day:)

VB is not a bad team at all. They have a tendency to play down to their opponents but they are solid. THey have a solid starting five and a good bench very athletic. And they are young not a senior on tje team and 4 sophmore starters they will be a team to watch out for next year. I dont know who miss informed you but they were wrong. have a great day:)

We will see where you guys stand after you play Marion tommorrow. I expect a 1-2 finish from Marion and SP. If you guys lost to VB, then you probably have no shot of finishing in the top 2 of the district. They are really young and Whitwell also beat them, and I am sure that was a fluke though. Look for Signal to battle it out with whitwell and LV for fourth in the district. VB will be third.