WHO will be the next Coach at INDY ? ? ?

sarahpalin

Not say who but I heard a fat guy with a tie might be headed south on 65. Heard the Indy AD wants to reunite with a certain former teammate that coached with a certain fat guy in a tie.

Haven't heard anything like this, but anyone patterning themselves after what was done at RHS last year needs to be fired. That was the biggest boondoggle ever. From what I've heard since then it was just a bunch of lies and truth bending so that the principal could hire the person she wanted. Not a very professional way to do things. With that said, I don't think that's the Indy situation...but I could be wrong. I thought RHS was a class place before last year.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not say who but I heard a fat guy with a tie might be headed south on 65. Heard the Indy AD wants to reunite with a certain former teammate that coached with a certain fat guy in a tie.

that means he wants to reunite with the teammate - not the guy with the tie - i believe there is only one former teammate on that staff - Jenkins

Calmus played after Dyson, right?

Dang, brainlessmatter Indy might change their name to the Indy Titans...think they might play for field goals like Jeff Fisher's teams. :lol:

I think there is more going on at Baptist South than people think - I think your next head coach is already there as well, but what do I know Hogan - I have no brain. In all sincerity, I think you are hilarious and I can take the digs.

Haven't heard anything like this, but anyone patterning themselves after what was done at RHS last year needs to be fired. That was the biggest boondoggle ever. From what I've heard since then it was just a bunch of lies and truth bending so that the principal could hire the person she wanted. Not a very professional way to do things. With that said, I don't think that's the Indy situation...but I could be wrong. I thought RHS was a class place before last year.

Shows little what you know!

Im not trying to throw anything in anyones face or am I a friend of Eubanks or have a dog in the fight at Indy but I do want to make a point. Its looking like Eubanks maybe wasnt that bad of a coach after all. Now who knows who the next coach will be and a valuable month of team development is gone and lost for next years team. Time that cannot be gotten back it doesnt matter if someone else is running the offseason its still not the same new schemes take time and so do new procedures. Lets face it the success or quality of the next coach at INdy or anywhere will be compared to Eubanks time as head coach. Another example is look at what happened at Tennessee. Everyone was thrilled Fulmer was fired well now its an absolute disaster with Kiffin and the embarrassment. You have to know that Fulmer and company are laughing all the way to the bank. This decision definitely has set the Indy football program back and I understand why people are mad high school football days are days that people cannot get back and players deserve the best possible chance at successs. However to many times parents, players, etc. dont like a coach based on hypothetical situations. Was the Indy administration so sure that Webb would come or another high profile canidate would appear? In my opinion no offense to anyone but forcing Eubanks out and replacing him with Schrasch (SP) does not make any sense to me. I am simply a high school football fan in tennessee who was been around and watched alot of games and teams. Schrach (SP) is a very good coach but not what Indy wants or needs now if he gets the job then good luck but lets face it I think Indy thought a step up would be easy to find but I dont think thats happened. My point is this maybe before a coach gets shown the door who is at least a good role model and treats kids with respect unlike (LEach or Mangino) some people may want to stop and think about what is really important or have a FULL PROOF plan of succession. Now with the success Eubanks had which was some at least acceptable years no one seemingly is jumping at the opportunity to take over at Indy. Nice guys in many cases do finish last but when you replace one they better win. Now I know this has turned into being a Eubanks defense but that is not what I intended again I have never even had a conversation with Eubanks in any way just know the kind of man he was and is today. Also something that needs to be considred in all high school jobs at all levels is the staff. Staff IS the reason people do not want the job because they cannot bring in any staff. Lets face alot of head coaches fail because a lack of staffing or the schools refusal to allow them to bring in their own staff. IS the administration supportive what do they really want or who do they really want it seems as though the red flags are up everywhere but I could be wrong. Maybe Dooley wont be so bad after all I mean he has to replace Kiffin. Lastly are there any programs around the midstate that can honestly say the head coaching change be it forced or not was a success. Ravenwood no, Centennial no, Glencliff moderate, Hillsboro No, Page Daniels has done pretty well, Hillwood no, FRA no, Franklin YES, Spring Hill YES, Spring Field NO, McGavok No, BA No, MBA YES, Ezell NO, Father Ryan YES, Some of these coaches deserve and need more time but is the coach the reason for a lack of success, the players, the administration, or the writing on the wall. We shall see where Indy falls because right now they are somewhere in between.

Im not trying to throw anything in anyones face or am I a friend of Eubanks or have a dog in the fight at Indy but I do want to make a point. Its looking like Eubanks maybe wasnt that bad of a coach after all. Now who knows who the next coach will be and a valuable month of team development is gone and lost for next years team. Time that cannot be gotten back it doesnt matter if someone else is running the offseason its still not the same new schemes take time and so do new procedures. Lets face it the success or quality of the next coach at INdy or anywhere will be compared to Eubanks time as head coach. Another example is look at what happened at Tennessee. Everyone was thrilled Fulmer was fired well now its an absolute disaster with Kiffin and the embarrassment. You have to know that Fulmer and company are laughing all the way to the bank. This decision definitely has set the Indy football program back and I understand why people are mad high school football days are days that people cannot get back and players deserve the best possible chance at successs. However to many times parents, players, etc. dont like a coach based on hypothetical situations. Was the Indy administration so sure that Webb would come or another high profile canidate would appear? In my opinion no offense to anyone but forcing Eubanks out and replacing him with Schrasch (SP) does not make any sense to me. I am simply a high school football fan in tennessee who was been around and watched alot of games and teams. Schrach (SP) is a very good coach but not what Indy wants or needs now if he gets the job then good luck but lets face it I think Indy thought a step up would be easy to find but I dont think thats happened. My point is this maybe before a coach gets shown the door who is at least a good role model and treats kids with respect unlike (LEach or Mangino) some people may want to stop and think about what is really important or have a FULL PROOF plan of succession. Now with the success Eubanks had which was some at least acceptable years no one seemingly is jumping at the opportunity to take over at Indy. Nice guys in many cases do finish last but when you replace one they better win. Now I know this has turned into being a Eubanks defense but that is not what I intended again I have never even had a conversation with Eubanks in any way just know the kind of man he was and is today. Also something that needs to be considred in all high school jobs at all levels is the staff. Staff IS the reason people do not want the job because they cannot bring in any staff. Lets face alot of head coaches fail because a lack of staffing or the schools refusal to allow them to bring in their own staff. IS the administration supportive what do they really want or who do they really want it seems as though the red flags are up everywhere but I could be wrong. Maybe Dooley wont be so bad after all I mean he has to replace Kiffin. Lastly are there any programs around the midstate that can honestly say the head coaching change be it forced or not was a success. Ravenwood no, Centennial no, Glencliff moderate, Hillsboro No, Page Daniels has done pretty well, Hillwood no, FRA no, Franklin YES, Spring Hill YES, Spring Field NO, McGavok No, BA No, MBA YES, Ezell NO, Father Ryan YES, Some of these coaches deserve and need more time but is the coach the reason for a lack of success, the players, the administration, or the writing on the wall. We shall see where Indy falls because right now they are somewhere in between.

you mentioned coaching changes-

Ravenwood - Was year one, and lets face it he did lose alot of key players

CHS - Well under Gregory they never even sniffed the playoffs , at least coch M took them to the playoffs 2 years ago and again they were hit hard with graduation last year ie Scales QB

BA what are you talking about no?

Spring Hill - i think in 3 seasons thier old coach ( Army guy ) took them to playoffs once

but look at coaching changes that are good -

Anways BACK TO EUBANKS........ yes he is a good man no debate but again he was not a great coach, a good coach but not a great coach ... lets take a look -

year 1 - inherited a coach Smith team that smitty raised and groomed since the school opened - the team Eubanks inherited was stocked and loaded - a franklin cowboy peewe coach could have guided them to state runner-up

year 2 - hit by loss of many key players Baugh,Pettigrew,Consiglio etc - the team still was talented and even Eubanks in a preseaon paper stated they should make a run at the region title-the offense was a complete joke and you had to feel bad for Heckman

year 3 - made the playoffs but only by default and the new TSSA playoff system - in region the lost to FHS, BHS,Ravenwood - beat CHS and Boro ( both 5A teams and very poor teams)

I wish the best for coach E but a change was needed to take IHS to the next level and by watching coach E he was not that coach - Now present time, did they think they could get webb (we might have to ask hogan on that ) but my 2 cents is that they did - would it be nice to have a coach now? sure but IHS is making sure they get the coach they want, they shouldnt rush it just to fill the void- tell you what if i was a coach i would be a lil worried that the school is going to be split in a few years due to the new school being built in SOWILL CO.

I hope this turns out well for Independence and they can find a good hire, but it sure looks like the prinicipal should have looked before he leaped.

So what names are now floating around out there? Who is the fat guy in a tie? Whats the qualifications of the Jenkins guy mentioned? Who else?

Couple of factual statements.

1-Eubanks was NOT forced to resign. Anyone that says otherwise has NO clue what they are talking about.

2-All knowing Hogan has given us absolutelu NO information so to be asking him these questions is like asking a any other poster questions(me included) what is going on with the administration.

The only FACTS that I know are that Eubanks was not forced out and the job was offered to Webb. And Scharch did interview.

Personally I feel the program goes in the wrong direction by hiring Scharch.

Finally the last couple of years the program has not had the talent level they had when they went to state title game. Remember they had an unseen amount of luck in the playoffs that year. (tipped ball versus Franklin, Millington collapsing etc etc.) Anyways maybe Indy has struggled because of talent. Skill positions were very very average speed at best compared to other teams in region

SarahPalin "you mentioned coaching changes-

Ravenwood - Was year one, and lets face it he did lose alot of key players

CHS - Well under Gregory they never even sniffed the playoffs , at least coch M took them to the playoffs 2 years ago and again they were hit hard with graduation last year ie Scales QB

BA what are you talking about no?

Spring Hill - i think in 3 seasons thier old coach ( Army guy ) took them to playoffs once

but look at coaching changes that are good -

Anways BACK TO EUBANKS........ yes he is a good man no debate but again he was not a great coach, a good coach but not a great coach ... lets take a look -

year 1 - inherited a coach Smith team that smitty raised and groomed since the school opened - the team Eubanks inherited was stocked and loaded - a franklin cowboy peewe coach could have guided them to state runner-up

year 2 - hit by loss of many key players Baugh,Pettigrew,Consiglio etc - the team still was talented and even Eubanks in a preseaon paper stated they should make a run at the region title-the offense was a complete joke and you had to feel bad for Heckman

year 3 - made the playoffs but only by default and the new TSSA playoff system - in region the lost to FHS, BHS,Ravenwood - beat CHS and Boro ( both 5A teams and very poor teams)

I wish the best for coach E but a change was needed to take IHS to the next level and by watching coach E he was not that coach - Now present time, did they think they could get webb (we might have to ask hogan on that ) but my 2 cents is that they did - would it be nice to have a coach now? sure but IHS is making sure they get the coach they want, they shouldnt rush it just to fill the void- tell you what if i was a coach i would be a lil worried that the school is going to be split in a few years due to the new school being built in SOWILL CO."

Palin, there are times where your posts make some sense then there are times when they make no sense at all and you tend to really reach for material to bring to this forum. I see why you chose Palin as your hidebehind name, every time she opens her mouth you never know what you might get.

To touch on some of your "facts" previously posted:

Ravenwood-They returned several key starters from the previous year, so they had key players to play with. Poll the raptor nation, I bet they were very disappointed. The families I know there were.

Centennial-Your facts are skewed. Greg Gregory took the cougars to the playoffs many moons ago. I know, because I was at the game, moron.

BA-Dont know the coach well, but those I know in BA land have never really been sold on him.

Spring Hill-who cares.

You make it very clear that you are not a fan of Eubanks. I can assure you that he has many more fans than critics. My time with Indy was during the building stages and glory year which Eubanks was a part of. I am one of those that firmly believe that Eubanks was the only hire for that job when Smith bolted for east tenn and it paid off. You like to make excuses for every program but Indy when it comes to disappointing seasons and why they were disappointments. You can get on here and say Eubanks was a good coach all you want, but I and many others know what he did for the Indy program and what he meant to it.

As for where Indy will go from here, that is for the current principal to figure out. I personally fear the worst for them, maybe the glass half empty philosophy?