WHO will be the next Coach at INDY ? ? ?

sarahpalin

well i am sure that no one saw this coming

lets see, staff being built gutted from what was put together by both smith and eubanks in the hopes of building an "elite" staff....what do you have there now....off season program is a joke

had some great candidates interview but low and behold, after searching the world winds up choosing himself, the volunteer stints coaching we will see if coach dyson, and i use that term loosely, what kind of offense, what kind of defense,....i figure with his great experience they had better hire a great offensive and defensive coordinator to coach the team

eubanks saw it coming, everyone did. Mr. Campbell is in trouble at indy, decisions are not good

coach dyson remember these phrases and actions:

one, hollar loudly and throw your hat or visor down frequently, will make you seem intense and really into the ball game

second, make sure all the coaches look dressed to the nines....remember famous words from billy crystal - " it is better to look good than feel good, you look marvelous"

third, use key phrases like:

we lost but the kids played hard

we are young but getting better every game even though we loose every game

the kids are having a hard time picking up the offense and defense

hey, you know that i was a tennessee titan once

do you believe in miracles, i do

i am channeling my inner vince lombardi, in fact vince was in on the interviews and at some point we both agreed that it was best for me to be the head coach, in fact we took two names to Mr. Campbell: Kevin dyson or kevin dyson, after almost 3 months a decision was made, dyson was chosen and he has decided to give himself several years to transistion

i am sorry indy fans, i am thinking that after next year we will even be longing for the days of smith and eubanks...the kids deserve better, the parents deserve better and the students deserve better...this farce will not go on for long, eventually the people at top will be replaced and they will start over again....2 years tops maybe less

parents hold their feet to the fire, look for specific plans, not long range promises....words like discipline, hard work should mean something not just be spoken...good luck coach dyson, we all want to be surprised and we all do want you to be successful ... independence deserves it

go eagles

I don't understand why all of you think that this was the plan the whole way along? If so.. then why was it offered to Donnie Webb...Also all you people who are bashing the admin. they may have made some mistakes, but they have put together a great staff and i can assure you that dyson knows what he is talking about and is a good coach. And everyone bashing how bad this is and how bad it will turn out and then saying but i hope the best for the eagles? The offseason workout is no joke either when people are showing up at 6 in the morning and after school every day? :thumb:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is now an article in the Tennessean confirming this and that Anthony Law has been hired as the offensive coordinator.

I heard about Dyson getting the job very early on, in fact the day Eubanks stepped down. I think that if they could have gotten Webb they would have. However I think they were looking for a coach with experience and a name more than anything. I have a feeling that Webb saw the writing on the wall and that he wasnt going to get to do what he really wanted and went with BGA instead. Im betting that Law runs the spread on offense and Dyson calls the defense much like he did this past season.

It should be interesting to see how Indy does. The paper said that Dyson still hears the whispers of getting the job only because he is KD. I find that funny being that he conducted the interviews and found the best choice to be himself. Sounds like it was more like he got the job because he wanted it and being AD he made it happen.

Good luck Indy and Dyson.

FROM THE TENNESSEAN

Kevin Dyson, a former Titans wide receiver, will add football coach to his athletic director’s responsibilities. Mose Phillips, who had stepped down at Hillwood, will take over at Whites Creek.

“I love coaching and I love being part of the game,” Dyson said. “I still hear the whispers with people saying, ‘Oh, he only got it because he’s Kevin Dyson.’ But they don’t check the resume.”

Dyson, 34, coached wide receivers and defensive backs for Independence at the beginning of last season before moving up to defensive coordinator. He was a Glencliff assistant from 2007-08 and an FRA assistant in 2006. Dyson recently earned two master’s degrees in education at Trevecca.

Anthony Law, who resigned from Whites Creek last month, has been named the Eagles’ offensive coordinator.....

OKAY OKAY OKAY FEW THINGS FIRST FELLOW SPORTS FANS AND INDY SUPPORTERS.

news just in - KD just appointed himself head basketball coach, and track coach no really i ask-

Why would Webb , apply , get offered the job -then turn down the job ? ? ? ? ? ?

hey DYSON THOSE WHISPERS YOU HEAR are what you stated in the tennessean

“I still hear the whispers with people saying, ‘Oh, he only got it because he’s Kevin Dyson.’ But they don’t check the resume.”

I ASK TO YOU DYSON WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR RESUME ? "Dyson, 34, coached wide receivers and defensive backs for Independence at the beginning of last season before moving up to defensive coordinator. He was a Glencliff assistant from 2007-08 and an FRA assistant in 2006" ( note as Glencliff assistant dismised for arguing with head coach - beleive FRA stint was as a volunteer and think he spent year at frankiln high as doing the same )

WOW that is a really impressive resume thier music city miracle man, you have not put your dues in at all (when i say dues i mean like being a head coach at a middle school, a varsityoffensive or d- cord )

your brief coaching stint has been as a volunteer, coaching d-backs and wideouts and your D-Cord title last year was due to default when JB left that position....

And i didnt even mention due time put in to be named an A.D. ..........So maybe just maybe your #87 did get you into the door....

I would have been more happy if law was named head coach .....

All i am saying is - do i think thier are better qualified coaches that applied, yes ...every person does deserve a chance, proven or unproven but in this case its your name and not your resume...

again i hope i am way wrong and they build a statue of you on Declaration Way in Indy-land,

the chance has been granted to you - so prove us all wrong , show us that you do deserve it

I really don't see how Dyson or Law are a good hire. Wasn't Law let go in Metro for inappropriate conduct? If that's the case, he better behave in WilCo or he will get the boot quick. You can get by with a lot more in Metro than here. Dyson in the Tennessean article came across as very arrogant. He doesn't have a solid resume. Has he help improve any team he has coached for? I am sorry but this just doesn't seem like it benefits the kids and I can't believe he was the best man for the job after Webb.

I really don't see how Dyson or Law are a good hire. Wasn't Law let go in Metro for inappropriate conduct? If that's the case, he better behave in WilCo or he will get the boot quick. You can get by with a lot more in Metro than here. Dyson in the Tennessean article came across as very arrogant. He doesn't have a solid resume. Has he help improve any team he has coached for? I am sorry but this just doesn't seem like it benefits the kids and I can't believe he was the best man for the job after Webb.

Well Mr. Indyeagle 09. I would bet the farm that you know nothing about either of these guys. More so Law than Dyson. You may want to chek facts before you start spreading stuff around. First to answer your question, NO Law was not let go. There is no way WilCo will hire anyone who has been fired or "let go". He resigned on his own terms. You can probably ask around if you want to know more about the Law guy. I heard he was going to go to Oakland but chose Independence instead. Now, I've been reading a lot of post about this situation. The bottom line is Dyson is the coach. Whether you support him or not is you wish. If you're not going to support, then don't tear the program up with your negativity. There's no way of knowing what's going to happen until it happens. I do think Dyson knows a little football. After all, he was the guy 1 yard short of SB champion. I'm sure he didn't spend all that time playing college and pro ball and learned absolutely nothing. Doesn't he have a masters degree? I wish Independence the very best in 2010. Regardless who the coaches are.

Well Mr. Indyeagle 09. I would bet the farm that you know nothing about either of these guys. More so Law than Dyson. You may want to chek facts before you start spreading stuff around. First to answer your question, NO Law was not let go. There is no way WilCo will hire anyone who has been fired or "let go". He resigned on his own terms. You can probably ask around if you want to know more about the Law guy. I heard he was going to go to Oakland but chose Independence instead. Now, I've been reading a lot of post about this situation. The bottom line is Dyson is the coach. Whether you support him or not is you wish. If you're not going to support, then don't tear the program up with your negativity. There's no way of knowing what's going to happen until it happens. I do think Dyson knows a little football. After all, he was the guy 1 yard short of SB champion. I'm sure he didn't spend all that time playing college and pro ball and learned absolutely nothing. Doesn't he have a masters degree? I wish Independence the very best in 2010. Regardless who the coaches are.

Just a little correction. If a teacher decides to resign before being let go or fired then nothing goes on his record. So lets say Law grabbed a player and was going to be "let go" but turns in his resignation first. The grabbing of the player never goes on his file (unless letigation is taken). Therefore Law could have done something and WilCo wuld never know. Now I know absolutely nothing about Coach Law and don't know if accusations are true or not. I was just stating a point.

By the way the Micheal Jackson comment was great and a lot of truth can be read into that comment.

Just a little correction. If a teacher decides to resign before being let go or fired then nothing goes on his record. So lets say Law grabbed a player and was going to be "let go" but turns in his resignation first. The grabbing of the player never goes on his file (unless letigation is taken). Therefore Law could have done something and WilCo wuld never know. Now I know absolutely nothing about Coach Law and don't know if accusations are true or not. I was just stating a point.

By the way the Micheal Jackson comment was great and a lot of truth can be read into that comment.

this post has gone way south and very southern by the racial innuendos. Law resigned. Period. He would not have been let go and don't try and come off as self righteous to think that coaches in the almighty wilco don't grab players by the jersey and yell. or swear. Indy is lucky to have Coach Law. I don't know anything about Dyson. I think it was a snow job, but it can be a snow job without being racial.

Law is a good coach and has head coaching experience. That was a good hire and kind of a surprise. From what I understand Law resigned due to lack of support. If that is indeed the case then can you really blame him for resigning? I dont know the facts in the situation but Law will do a good job. I also agree with mindless. I see this getting closed down very soon.

this post has gone way south and very southern by the racial innuendos. Law resigned. Period. He would not have been let go and don't try and come off as self righteous to think that coaches in the almighty wilco don't grab players by the jersey and yell. or swear. Indy is lucky to have Coach Law. I don't know anything about Dyson. I think it was a snow job, but it can be a snow job without being racial.

First of all, I do not know who Law is. I don't know what he was accused of or even if he was accused of anything. I was merely pointing out that an educator can resign before being fired and the accusation does not go on the teachers permanent record. The slate is clean. Therefore Law or any other teacher man or women could be hired and the employer would never know about the accusations. Again I do not know Coach Law and have no information about him I would not know him if I bumped into him therefore I have no oppinion of him good or bad. Secondly, I have no clue how anything racial was taken from my statement. I believe it was as clear as black and white that Dyson was always getting the job. they wasted a lot of peoples time by doing a mock interview process. And it is obvious that since the current administration has taken over he is going to hire his buddies as much as possible. Thirdly for you to insinuate that all the South is racist shows your ignorance. If you truly believe it to be that way then maybe you should move to a place that would make you happier. Good luck to Coach Dyson and staff but I think everyone will see how good a coach Eubanks was.

Law is a good coach and has head coaching experience. That was a good hire and kind of a surprise. From what I understand Law resigned due to lack of support. If that is indeed the case then can you really blame him for resigning? I dont know the facts in the situation but Law will do a good job. I also agree with mindless. I see this getting closed down very soon.

Law announced his resignation as head football coach on Tuesday.

“It’s due to personal reasons, which I’d rather not get into,’’ Law told The City Paper on Wednesday. Law will continue to teach at the school.

He had a 29-29 record in his five seasons with the Cobras,

Law was suspended by the school for one game in October for a sidelines incident during the Cobras game with Pearl-Cohn. Law however would not elaborate on whether that incident in any way contributed to his resignation.......

CANT FIND ANYWHERE THAT TELLS US WHY a coach would be suspended..... anyways , its dysons tean and he can bring in anyone he wants, look for toast deron jenkins to be the d- cord or rocky c.

someone earlier said dyson would be a good coacah casue he played football in the nfl - news flash just because you played in the nfl does not mean you can coach - as for his two masters heck i am sure he will be named the new IHS principal in 3 years the rate he is going-resume he has none for coaching let alone as an AD- someone PLEASE tell us why webb declined the offer......