Cannon Co @ Livingston

2011Tigers2011

Call it what you will. Some people refuse to deal with reality. York may be atheletic but right now they aren't very good. For all the ones on me, name me a game that LA has played this year that they played really well. And don't tell me Cookeville because they graduated about as much as LA did.

Don't think anyone said LA has played well. Why don't you enlighten us on reality since you seem to know more than the rest. Did someone say LA played really well against Cookeville? Yeah LA and Cookeville graduated alot. LA more than Cookeville. York didn't. What is your point, really?

Yuck I don't claim to know more than the rest. I'm certain most know more than I do. One simple point is all I'm making. We can't defend LA's inconsistent play by saying(as in a previous post) the opposing team brought there A game. I would think, in high school especially, that kids try their hardest everytime they go on the floor no matter if it's LA or Hardy's Chapel they are playing. Should LA struggle against lesser teams because they bring there A game. Maybe so. I'm not saying LA won't get better(time will tell) but for now don't think they have played to well. Geez, I guess if everything a person writes isn't positive they need to be quiet. Anyway good wishes to LA dealing with the A games or B games or whatever their opponents bring.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call it what you will. Some people refuse to deal with reality. York may be atheletic but right now they aren't very good. For all the ones on me, name me a game that LA has played this year that they played really well. And don't tell me Cookeville because they graduated about as much as LA did.

Things are going to be just fine in Hogeye country. This young team's confidence was shaken when they were bombarded by three very good West Tn. teams.(Sickness and injury played a part in the blowouts, although we could't have won these games with everone healthy.) It will take a few games for the confidence to return. Then we'll see the shots start falling and the real, talented LA team will emerge. When that happens, "pianoman10" and a few other naysayers will all but disappear from this forum, only to reappear if the team should stumble. Eat your heart out "pianoman". This coach is a W-I-N-N-E-R ! GO HOGEYE :popcorneater:

Don't think anyone said LA has played well. Why don't you enlighten us on reality since you seem to know more than the rest. Did someone say LA played really well against Cookeville? Yeah LA and Cookeville graduated alot. LA more than Cookeville. York didn't. What is your point, really?

Yuck I don't claim to know more than the rest. I'm certain most know more than I do. One simple point is all I'm making. We can't defend LA's inconsistent play by saying(as in a previous post) the opposing team brought there A game. I would think, in high school especially, that kids try their hardest everytime they go on the floor no matter if it's LA or Hardy's Chapel they are playing. Should LA struggle against lesser teams because they bring there A game. Maybe so. I'm not saying LA won't get better(time will tell) but for now don't think they have played to well. Geez, I guess if everything a person writes isn't positive they need to be quiet. Anyway good wishes to LA dealing with the A games or B games or whatever their opponents bring.

You must know something...you did say some refuse to deal with reality...What is the reality? Just exactly who are you referring to? Most are saying LA is not playing their best ball but they are talented and gonna get better. Do you not believe that? Is that in your opinion where some people are refusing to deal with reality? You are acting as if it is impossible for a lesser talented team to bring their best, play (or at least make a game of it) with a more talented who is not playing to full potential and absurd for someone to mention it. Like a fairy tale only read in books where the underdog can win. Like I said earlier, LA has owned this district for a while now and every team is going to bring their "A" game or at least bring their very best whether LA brings theirs or not. Its LA's job to step it up but dont discount the opponent for playing their best which I thought York did thats what you did by calling them average. Also write what you wish, but dont whine around when someone comes to the teams defense and questions your posts.

Things are going to be just fine in Hogeye country. This young team's confidence was shaken when they were bombarded by three very good West Tn. teams.(Sickness and injury played a part in the blowouts, although we could't have won these games with everone healthy.) It will take a few games for the confidence to return. Then we'll see the shots start falling and the real, talented LA team will emerge. When that happens, "pianoman10" and a few other naysayers will all but disappear from this forum, only to reappear if the team should stumble. Eat your heart out "pianoman". This coach is a W-I-N-N-E-R ! GO HOGEYE :popcorneater:

Looking forward to it. Doesn't this team have 3 senior starters ?

What in your opinion is the most important in basketball if not the starting line up? You don't think the best players are put out there to start?

good question. I do think the most effective players should start. but I don't think its the most important thing in basketball. That could be a number of different things at different times of the game or practice. Endless possibilities there.

What in your opinion is the most important in basketball if not the starting line up? You don't think the best players are put out there to start?

good question. I do think the most effective players should start. but I don't think its the most important thing in basketball. That could be a number of different things at different times of the game or practice. Endless possibilities there.

I saw coach Rigsby take out his starting 5 in the start of the 3rd against a very good single A Forrest team. They could not rebound play defence or even break the screen. The second 5 could do all that and more and still stay within 1 point at the end of the quarter. In the 4th both sets began to run smooth and play ball like they were taught. If Cannon County can have a good shooting nite 45-55% LA's Defence better have the A Game. They are not in West Tn. anymore!

I saw coach Rigsby take out his starting 5 in the start of the 3rd against a very good single A Forrest team. They could not rebound play defence or even break the screen. The second 5 could do all that and more and still stay within 1 point at the end of the quarter. In the 4th both sets began to run smooth and play ball like they were taught. If Cannon County can have a good shooting nite 45-55% LA's Defence better have the A Game. They are not in West Tn. anymore!

I'm going out on a limb here and saying if CC shoots 45--55%, LA didn't bring their A game defense! I'm also thinking York is the only team in the district that LA beats playing like they did Tuesday night. Time to wake up guys! I KNOW YOU ARE A BETTER TEAM THAN YOU HAVE SHOWN SO FAR! Let's prove it tomorrow night!