Cannon Co @ Livingston

2011Tigers2011

Apparently "Pianoman10", you have a problem with Coach Melton. Based on your posts last year and starting again this season, you have used any opportunity to make negative remarks and insinuations concerning him. I'm sure every LA fan realizes that he's not perfect, but I don't believe you will find many (other than maybe a few haters like you) fans who would trade him for any other coach in this area. LA has made two straight state tournament appearances under his guidance. Just how many times in LA's existance has that happened before? This years team is young. They've lost three games to three still undefeated teams. They have lost to no one else. They beat a good Red Bank team. They have now won two dristrict games. This team will get much better as the season progresses. My guess is, if they had won the last two games by thirty, you would have complained because they didn't win by forty. Maybe even, you could have critized the coach for running up the score. I guess what I'm trying to say is: A Coach Melton hater 'fan' like you will find a reason to critize him regardless of what the team does. Go right ahead and critize all you please. The vast majority of LA fans are very happy that we have him for a coach because he is one heck of a coach and a W-I-N-N-E-R. :thumb:

A good red bank team? Ahem. You call a coach a winner and get blasted. WOW. U can call me a hater and that is fine. But your bias toward him is just as slanted the other way. And LA has been to the state tourney before and it wasn't one and done. So sing me a tune, I'm the pianoman !

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently "Pianoman10", you have a problem with Coach Melton. Based on your posts last year and starting again this season, you have used any opportunity to make negative remarks and insinuations concerning him. I'm sure every LA fan realizes that he's not perfect, but I don't believe you will find many (other than maybe a few haters like you) fans who would trade him for any other coach in this area. LA has made two straight state tournament appearances under his guidance. Just how many times in LA's existance has that happened before? This years team is young. They've lost three games to three still undefeated teams. They have lost to no one else. They beat a good Red Bank team. They have now won two dristrict games. This team will get much better as the season progresses. My guess is, if they had won the last two games by thirty, you would have complained because they didn't win by forty. Maybe even, you could have critized the coach for running up the score. I guess what I'm trying to say is: A Coach Melton hater 'fan' like you will find a reason to critize him regardless of what the team does. Go right ahead and critize all you please. The vast majority of LA fans are very happy that we have him for a coach because he is one heck of a coach and a W-I-N-N-E-R. :)

A good red bank team? Ahem. You call a coach a winner and get blasted. WOW. U can call me a hater and that is fine. But your bias toward him is just as slanted the other way. And LA has been to the state tourney before and it wasn't one and done. So sing me a tune, I'm the pianoman !

I suppose you can tell me how many state tourney appearances LA has made in the history of the school prior to "08 and how many years between appearances. Oh, by the way, the girls in my sewing club think Coach Melton is very cute along with being a great coach. :thumb:

La played better and didnt get it handed to them. good job La.

bobcatter and the great ivory tickler thanks for noticing my spellin. sounds like you figured it out anyway. bobcatter how you know what i was implyin. i never said we had a bad coach just puzzled from the game the other night. fact is i think hes pretty good nad wouldnt wont another. i live in free country too so i can say what i like cant i? you mite just ought to stay in birdstown cause ya'll were tryin to run bibb oout of there after last year if i remember alot of posting. talk bout unbelievable. cant we callem like we seeum?

Tennessean had Davenport at 25 with 5 3's...Either way he played good. Ramsey is a freshman and you all didnt come close to stopping him. So I would say he is pretty good. Give LA a little credit...they were better than Cannon and still not playing their best basketball and good d can cause turnovers... :flower:

Why dont you ask Coach Melton how worried he was. Looked to me he made the adjustments in the huddle when CC made their run and the players executed and won by 9. :roflol:

No disrespect to the LA team, or Coach Melton-they won, and shot alot better than our guys did! But, what "adjustments" are you talking about? The one where they decided to let us keep missing shots, foul and you get to the free throw line? There were hardly any adjustments throughout the whole game, other than #1 trying to tighten up on our #3. Just curious as to what you saw.

No disrepect to the LA team or Coach Melton??? Yeah right, lets just backhand compliment them. dry.gif

I think most have give #3 his due props. What about the balanced scoring from 25, 31, 23, and 12? And if you think that adjustments were not made then my friend you need to remove the blinders. A 2point game to a 9 point win and no "adjustments"? Again give LA a little credit for turning up the D there at the last, forcing CC into taking some shots that LA rebound and headed down the floor for a couple or three easy buckets...not all from the charity line as you like to put it. The foul count was in CC favor until CC had to foul to put LA in the bonus. When we got there, wasnt we suppose to make them?? :oops:

Best I can tell is that LA folks are giving Cannon County their well deserved praise for their play last night and it was every bit the battle we expected.. And all you can come up with is "no disrespect to the LA team or Coach Melton". Now I am curious to what you saw?

Non one on here from CCHS is bashing LA or the Coach. We all believe they are good, and are well Coached. Look, we lost, and quite frankly we knew we were the underdogs going in to the game, and we had to do alot of stuff right to win it on the road against a GOOD TEAM. Now, all I asked of you was from one person sitting in the bleachers to another, what you believed to be LA's adjustments. Didn't think that would be percieved as a back-handed compliment, not should it have been. Stop being so sensitive BigMommie.

Pianoman, you're the perfect definition of an idiot. I think you think you could do better than Melton, so reveal who you are and we will consider hiring you on. :roflol:

CCHSSupporter, it's easy to see CC was outcoached. Late in the game, they went to Davenport over and over, so Melton focused a defense more on what Davenport was doing. Yes, if it isn't broke don't fix it, but the defense cause your missed shots. Call it what you want.

LA is now 6-3, with losses to Dyer, JCM, and Dyersburg (correct me if I'm wrong.) Not too bad, and if it is, jump off the band-wagon now.

cchssupporter...I must retract all my statements... There were no adjustments...Coach Melton just texted me and said when he called the timeout and got the boys all huddled up that if they can just win by one point that it would be cookies, cake and ice cream for everybody...So really no adjustments were made, just MOTIVATION..Cause everybody like cookies, cake and ice cream!! :roflol:

cchssupporter...Is that the best name you can come up with?? :roflol: I mean really, the adjustment was LA turned it UP and Cannon couldnt keep up. How hard is that to see from one person in the bleachers to another? :flower:

Ok...one more time for you guys, I have given LA's kids and Coach Melton respect and credit for their win. BigDaddy...your name can't be that original if must contain an underscore and #. Now on to more important things like BASEKTBALL, good luck to LA during the course of the year.

King, outcoached may be a little harsh. Melton did do a good job, just wanted BigDaddy's opinion on what he saw were the adjustments, didn't know it would lead to this stupidity.

cchssupporter...Is that the best name you can come up with?? :flower: I mean really, the adjustment was LA turned it UP and Cannon couldnt keep up. How hard is that to see from one person in the bleachers to another? :)

Ok...one more time for you guys, I have given LA's kids and Coach Melton respect and credit for their win. BigDaddy...your name can't be that original if must contain an underscore and #. Now on to more important things like BASEKTBALL, good luck to LA during the course of the year.

King, outcoached may be a little harsh. Melton did do a good job, just wanted BigDaddy's opinion on what he saw were the adjustments, didn't know it would lead to this stupidity.

If you must know BigDaddy_1 was what was availabe when I signed up and I chose it underscore and # all... Cause I liked it mainly...:roflol:

What I was referring to was the name you called me (BigMommie)....Thats what I meant

"is that the best you can do" or is that all you can do is resort to is calling names when you cannot debate. I will say for the last time myself that I thought LA made adjustments to stop CC's run with defensive pressure, getting the outlet pass for quick transition points and Cannon couldnt answer after the timeout. I dont know what you saw and now I am to the point I dont care what you think or saw or what you think you saw...Now do you want to continue with this stupidity? Cause I am the BigDaddy! :oops:

Good luck to Cannon as well as I have said they are good and a very worthy opponent.

LA is good no doubt about it. In a previous post if LA is 6-3 which playing their 10th was coach Melton out coached in those 3 losses! I don't think so. You are going to have to think of something a little better than that! Both Rigsby and Melton are very good coaches! Cannon County down 2 points with 2:38 remaining. I can see LA coming out with another 7! It was a good win for LA and it still can be a good lost for Cannon County. From some of these post, playing against LA we are in the big time! I feel so honored!!! :roflol: