Cannon Co @ Livingston

2011Tigers2011

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say again, Im as lost on this adjustment thing as several others. Why did LA let a double digit lead shrink to 2 before making adjustments? That is playing with fire.

Well I hope you find your way back from being lost....because you are not comprehending what has been written in this thread..It has been noted Cannon County has a good team and coach...Good teams make runs to close gaps in the score. Right? LA has a good team and coach. Calling a time out stopped the run/momentum Cannon County was making. Ok..still with me? By calling time out the LA's coach offered cookies, cake and ice cream if they could stop Cannon County, turn up the defensive pressure, get the ball in transiton to score some easy buckets or draw a foul to go to the line for 1 and 1 oppurtunities. In which they did, hence taking a 2 point lead to a 9 point win. Now if that is not adjusting to what Cannon County was doing to close the gap in score....I dont know what is and maybe you should try another sport to take up thats easier to understand. :roflol:

Amazing what cookies, cake and ice cream will for a team!! :roflol:

BD. I'm definately not LOST anymore. That's as detailed adjustment definition as I have ever read. Thank you. Did you text all that to Coach Melton ? Better keep that cake and ice cream motivation a secret though other teams may try it. :roflol:

Apparently "Pianoman10", you have a problem with Coach Melton. Based on your posts last year and starting again this season, you have used any opportunity to make negative remarks and insinuations concerning him. I'm sure every LA fan realizes that he's not perfect, but I don't believe you will find many (other than maybe a few haters like you) fans who would trade him for any other coach in this area. LA has made two straight state tournament appearances under his guidance. Just how many times in LA's existance has that happened before? This years team is young. They've lost three games to three still undefeated teams. They have lost to no one else. They beat a good Red Bank team. They have now won two dristrict games. This team will get much better as the season progresses. My guess is, if they had won the last two games by thirty, you would have complained because they didn't win by forty. Maybe even, you could have critized the coach for running up the score. I guess what I'm trying to say is: A Coach Melton hater 'fan' like you will find a reason to critize him regardless of what the team does. Go right ahead and critize all you please. The vast majority of LA fans are very happy that we have him for a coach because he is one heck of a coach and a W-I-N-N-E-R. :roflol:

Agree on everything you said but was wanting to make a response on then and now. Then LA played everybody today there are 3 classes in basketball 6 in football. Not saying that Coach hasn't done a great job because he has, but if LA made it to the sub-state back then that would be like a state championship today. I know you didn't mean anything about the coaches or players back then but IMO IT'S HARD TO COMPARE THEN TO NOW IT'S LIKE APPLES AND ORANGES. And this isn't the only peeve I have because there are several when you start comparing then to today. But that's another sport and another time. GO HOG-EYE

I was glad to see Cannon make that run, these young players need those kind of tests. Nice to see TJ shoot better, play awesome D, and pull down rebounds from the parking lot!! He really has led by example. Mason made a great 3 point play to stop the run and showed some emotion our guys have been lacking!! Nice to see high fives and smiling, after all they are still kids and should be having the times of their lives!!! Congrats to Cannon for bringing a heck of a game! I will make the trip to Cannon for the 1st time in years. Good luck and go HOG-Eye!!!

I was glad to see Cannon make that run, these young players need those kind of tests. Nice to see TJ shoot better, play awesome D, and pull down rebounds from the parking lot!! He really has led by example. Mason made a great 3 point play to stop the run and showed some emotion our guys have been lacking!! Nice to see high fives and smiling, after all they are still kids and should be having the times of their lives!!! Congrats to Cannon for bringing a heck of a game! I will make the trip to Cannon for the 1st time in years. Good luck and go HOG-Eye!!!

I agree oldkodger....they looked like they were having fun. Was nice to see.

• 1 month later...