New Districts and 7AAA

govols10

How does the three game format work in this district?

its a 3 game series tues wed and thurs you play the same team each day each team with 1 home game and the last home game was flipped for so now they will alternate each year. I am really looking forward to it as there will be no split series and you need more than 1 pitcher should be a fun district

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oakland has the deepest pitching staff. I believe there pitching is the only way they will win games this year. And next year, it wouldnt surprise me if they made a visit to state

Really? Did they pick up a few pitchers? Everyone knows about smith and dodd but who are their other pitchers that make them the deepest? Who will your starting 3 be?

oakland has the deepest pitching staff. I believe there pitching is the only way they will win games this year. And next year, it wouldnt surprise me if they made a visit to state

Really? Did they pick up a few pitchers? Everyone knows about smith and dodd but who are their other pitchers that make them the deepest? Who will your starting 3 be?

It's called development Riverdaleman!!!

Dodd-Sr, Peek-Sr, Newman-Sr, Smith-Jr, Moore-Jr, Hughes-Jr, Monaghan-Jr, Hawks-Jr, Sanderson-So

Eight of Oakland's pitchers are seniors and juniors....i would say every coach in the state would be happy to go into the season with that many upperclassmen who can pitch...Are they the deepest in the district???? Time will tell, but I like Oakland's chances this year

It's called development Riverdaleman!!!

Dodd-Sr, Peek-Sr, Newman-Sr, Smith-Jr, Moore-Jr, Hughes-Jr, Monaghan-Jr, Hawks-Jr, Sanderson-So

Eight of Oakland's pitchers are seniors and juniors....i would say every coach in the state would be happy to go into the season with that many upperclassmen who can pitch...Are they the deepest in the district???? Time will tell, but I like Oakland's chances this year

do you know the starting 3 will it be Dodd Smith and Moore?

Oakland had a new kid move in from Texas. He's a junior who throws 88-90...played ball in the Houston area. He's a 6-5, 230 lefty and throws BB's. Another kid moved in from Memphis - another junior - who plays CF, bats L, and hit a .525 clip with 9 HR's.

They'll be nice additions to what's in the stable now.

Oakland had a new kid move in from Texas. He's a junior who throws 88-90...played ball in the Houston area. He's a 6-5, 230 lefty and throws BB's. Another kid moved in from Memphis - another junior - who plays CF, bats L, and hit a .525 clip with 9 HR's.

They'll be nice additions to what's in the stable now.

Ha wow, thats not very fair, looks like Oakland might have struck gold! :thumb:

Well...before I go to bed, I've got to fess up and come clean. No one moved into Oakland. I was just messing with Riverdaleman :thumb:

The only thing we all KNOW for sure is that the three game format is going to be a lot of fun. Pitching depth is going to be crucial...even more, experienced pitching depth will be crucial. Everyone has an ace, but from there, I think it's a big question mark.

Oakland has a lot of possibilities. We'll see who steps up. Same situation at Riverdale. And, Siegel too. I see Blackman as having a slight edge over everyone else. To be fair, though, I don't know much about Lavergne.

It'll be a blast to see how this plays out.

Well...before I go to bed, I've got to fess up and come clean. No one moved into Oakland. I was just messing with Riverdaleman :thumb:

The only thing we all KNOW for sure is that the three game format is going to be a lot of fun. Pitching depth is going to be crucial...even more, experienced pitching depth will be crucial. Everyone has an ace, but from there, I think it's a big question mark.

Oakland has a lot of possibilities. We'll see who steps up. Same situation at Riverdale. And, Siegel too. I see Blackman as having a slight edge over everyone else. To be fair, though, I don't know much about Lavergne.

It'll be a blast to see how this plays out.

lol I knew u was joking...and i agree with your post although i am not sure who has the edge in pitching if i take my RIVERDALE glasses off i really do not see 1 staff better than the other I am really gonna LOVE this 3 game series it is gonna be so much FUN

IMO - you will need to be 4 or 5 deep to get through the 3 game series. Early in the season you might have to be even deeper. That third game could be interesting. It will be interesting to see how the coaches manager the game differently. With 2 games you can have a quick hook but with 3 it might change things a little - that is where a deep staff will come into play. I also agree with the earlier post - this format and competition will be great to prepare the teams for a state tournament run. COME ON WARM WEATHER!!!!!