And now the topic goes off the boards and into mainstream

texas23

Wow...Here we go again! Obviously every wrestling fan would love to see this match-up of these "unknown" teams. Lets just go ahead and be frank, we are talking about Bradley and Baylor................

....................................................................................................................................

We can complain all we want and bash and point fingers, write letters to the press, but I don't coach Bradley, and I don't coach Baylor so I dont have a dang say so in the matter.

Well, after the events of this past weekend, and following Ryan's winning the D-II state championship last year after tying for it with Baylor the year before, maybe we should be talking about Bradley and Ryan instead. I wonder if the coaches at these two schools would be willing to wrestle each other. Seems to me that this match would not be subject to "they are stealing ( a/k/a recruiting ) our kids" objection. I don't think Ryan "recruits" the Bradley area, do they? Right now, everyone might rather love to see a match-up of these two teams.

Uncle Buck, I thought you were one of the 3 most intelligent men on this board,( or at least that's what you told me) Surely you have had conversation with your good friend Boo Boo, and know who the best team in the JV div is.

First off I was very happy for my brothers and SISTERS from TFI. I have come to love my SISTERS from the purple team and starting to become a big fan of their program, buttttttttttttttt. the buck still stops at TBSFBAG. When at full strenght I believe that Coach Jim Morgan and Red Pants will be hosting both trophys this year.

I thought before the season started that it was going to be a run a way for the Beautiful peoples children, but I was wro........ It will be a great year, perhaps the best ever in the JV Division.

TBSFMAW vs TBSFBAG, I'm to the point where I just don't care anymore. I once thought the legman would change his mind, but I also thought Mrs Woods was trying to help her loving husband Tiger out with the 9 iron.

bcb iii :roflol:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well said Mr. Exum. Let's just hope the coaches will take matters into their own hands and do what is right for the kids. The TSSAA will take decades to correct itself. It is such an injustice to the young men and women student athletes to be taught that they do not have to compete against someone else due to a "perceived" advantage, and then get cruelly dumped into college or life facing that fact every day.

Very well said Mr. Exum. Let's just hope the coaches will take matters into their own hands and do what is right for the kids. The TSSAA will take decades to correct itself. It is such an injustice to the young men and women student athletes to be taught that they do not have to compete against someone else due to a "perceived" advantage, and then get cruelly dumped into college or life facing that fact every day.

I wish Mr Exum would address the real travesty in Tennessee wrestling, the pull through brackets

(single elimination for many in the early rounds ) of the D-1 state wrestling tournament, rather than beating this deadest of horses, the D-1 / D-2 split. Tennessee is plenty big enough for two state champs per weight class. Look at some of the other states, Georgia has five champs per weight. Some states have six. Talk about watering down a title. I doubt any of them spend much time lamenting the fact they can't wrestle each other at states to figure out who's REALLY best. Good wrestlers are often

" one and done " if they have an early loss in Tennessee. Each year many potential medalists are in the stands following one bad match. Depth in many D-2 classes and the fact there is no qualifying for the trip to states in the first place are the only negative comments I've heard about D-2 from D-1 supporters but most don't spend much time on the subject. Even the most hostile D-1 fans will concede the top one or two D-2 guys would at the very least be competetive with their D-1 counterparts. The D-2 success at the college level can't be denied and D-2 appears to be getting deeper in some weight classes so this may be a moot point in the not so distant future. IMNSHO, anyone wanting to improve Tennessee wrestling should focus on a full double elimination for the D-1 individual states and scrap the current formula for D-1 duals selection, ie let the best teams in even if they all come from the same region rather than fight for putting the two dividions back together.

If Mr.Mitchell and Mr. Emerson or anyone else has a problem with how Bradley runs their program maybe they should go tell Coach to his face and see if they can change his mind. The truth is noone else is accountable for that program but the coach, right or wrong it's his choice until something changes everyone should just accept it and move on.

If Mr.Mitchell and Mr. Emerson or anyone else has a problem with how Bradley runs their program maybe they should go tell Coach to his face and see if they can change his mind. The truth is noone else is accountable for that program but the coach, right or wrong it's his choice until something changes everyone should just accept it and move on.

NO one needs to go tell that to the coach's face....that is ridiculous.

But I do agree the coach has all the right to decide how he does or does not schedule. And he really has no reason to explain it to anyone.

On the other hand, fans have the right to question and ask for what they would like to see as well, while understanding that it is unlikely to change any time soon.

The truth is the current path has worked just fine based on results.

But I do agree the coach has all the right to decide how he does or does not schedule. And he really has no reason to explain it to anyone.

On the other hand, fans have the right to question and ask for what they would like to see as well, while understanding that it is unlikely to change any time soon.

That was sarcasim, the truth is quit beating a dead horse.

if people would have stopped beating dead horses there wouldnt be much change in the world. Women would still not be voting, minorities wouldnt have any rights, ecttt.. Are these issues the same? Of course they arent but the point is the same. Our sport is suffering across the nation and we need to generate some interest. I cant think of anything that would create as much interest as a Bradley/Baylor matchup. (sorry Father Ryan). This match up is bigger than Bradley doesnt want to wrestle. Its about pleasing the ardent fans of our sport and creating interest and excitement like has never been known before. Imagine how many people would show up. Wow, what a fund raiser this could be for charity. Lets be honest and this is spoken from experience and first hand knowledge. All good schools recruit in some form or another. If my memory serves me correctly, Bradley jump started this wave of success with quite a few transfers from Red Bank many years ago. Schools recruit themselves, programs recruit themselves with their success, parents and alumni recruit. Bottom line is sometimes we have to sometimes do what is better for the greater good. The fans would love to see the match-up coach and it would be tremendous for our sport that is in need of a boost. How many Bradley kids have left to go to Baylor? I dont know of any off the top of my head.

It is the coaches choice and right obviously and nobody can argue with his success. In fact it is a compliment to his program that people want to see this match-up so badly. But it is the fans right as well to talk about it or ask for it.