And now the topic goes off the boards and into mainstream

texas23

if people would have stopped beating dead horses there wouldnt be much change in the world. Women would still be voting, minorities wouldnt have any rights, ecttt.. Are these issues the same? Of course they arent but the point is the same. Our sport is suffering across the nation and we need to generate some interest. I cant think of anything that would create as much interest as a Bradley/Baylor matchup. (sorry Father Ryan). This match up is bigger than Bradley doesnt want to wrestle. Its about pleaseinf the ardent fans of our sport and creating interest and excitement like has never been known before. Imagine how many people would show up. Wow, what a fund raiser this could be for charity. Lets be honest and this is spoken from experience and first hand knowledge. All good schools recruit in some form or another. If my memory serves me correctly, Bradley jump started this wave of success with quite a few transfers from Red Bank many years ago. Schools recruit themselves, programs recruit themselves with their success, parents and alumni recruit. Bottom line is sometimes we have to sometimes do what is better for the greater good. The fans would love to see the match-up coach and it would be tremendous for our sport that is in need of a boost. How many Bradley kids have left to go to baylor? I dont know of any off the top of my head.

Brad Lane, I think? Left Baylor and went back to Bradley and never wrestled again at Bradley? I think?

Cothran, Floyd, Cordell left Red Bank and went to Bradley

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many Bradley kids have left to go to baylor? I dont know of any off the top of my head.

At least 2. And as far as Bradley getting Red Bank kids so does Soddy and Baylor. Ardent fans? Whose fans ? I could care less about who Bradley wrestles, If you or anyone else wants to do the greater good, then go start a kids club, use your resources, I remember when Bradley didn't even field a full team do you? They didn't whine about they built their program up from nothing, that's the real problem in this country no one wants to start from the bottom and work their way up, no value of a job well done, Bradley built their program it's their right to do want they want to with it.

How many Bradley kids have left to go to baylor? I dont know of any off the top of my head.

At least 2. And as far as Bradley getting Red Bank kids so does Soddy and Baylor. Ardent fans? Whose fans ? I could care less about who Bradley wrestles, If you or anyone else wants to do the greater good, then go start a kids club, use your resources, I remember when Bradley didn't even field a full team do you? They didn't whine about they built their program up from nothing, that's the real problem in this country no one wants to start from the bottom and work their way up, no value of a job well done, Bradley built their program it's their right to do want they want to with it.

Your absolutely right they can obviosuly do what they want to. Fans can also do what we want to. we want to see the match-up and it would be tremendous for the sport in our area.I remember when Bradley couldnt field ateam, I remember when Bradley was everyones whipping post. What does that have to do with anything? What does that have to do with the fans would love to see the match-up? What classic battles there could have been over the years! Its not a knock on your program, its a compliment that so many people would love to see this match that have nothing to do with either school. There are a lot of people in this area who love the sport for what it is and what it teaches. We love it when we see young men push themselves and reach levels they didnt know they could. We love the emotion, the joy, the sadness, the sucess, the losses, the pain, the hunger, the sacrifices, the journey to fulfill your own destiny. WE LOVE WRESTLING!

I think you have to commend Bradley, Collins Hill-the top programs etc..because of the fact they can keep talented kids in the program even though they may not be in the starting line up for a couple of years. Young people these days are looking for instant results for their time. When you look at teams that are down, what you will find is a lack of seniors in the line up. It doesnt have to be senior dominated line up but you do need that leadership to carry over from team to team. Your right about the value of a job well done because a job well done cannot be achieved in an afternoon of sitting on your arse but you can defeat any ps3 or 360 game in an afternoon maybe even be a guitar hero but wrestling takes time and years to master the skill level needed to be great. Kids these days don't have time for that...........they want car's, girls, and phones to finger all day with out even wanting to earn the right to have those things, as parents we are just supposed to hand them over, and most of us do just that-unless you don't have any money, then you just might lose your kid.

What does that have to do with the fans would love to see the match-up? What classic battles there could have been over the years! Its not a knock on your program, its a compliment that so many people would love to see this match that have nothing to do with either school. There are a lot of people in this area who love the sport for what it is and what it teaches. We love it when we see young men push themselves and reach levels they didnt know they could. We love the emotion, the joy, the sadness, the sucess, the losses, the pain, the hunger, the sacrifices, the journey to fulfill your own destiny. WE LOVE WRESTLING!

First it's not my school , suprise my children will not go there, and I don't care what all the fans want if there are as many people who really love the sport put your time into making your program grow, Bradley, Soddy, Baylor, McCallie, all these in the area do it their way , It's their children, Their school, And Their business who they compete with not your or any other fans, No one would like it if people from Bradley etc.. would start telling them who they should compete with. It's the parents decision where and who their children go to school with and what they do.

If "the fans" care so much about the greater good and what is best for the sport, maybe they should go to THEIR schools and demand accountability from their program and coaches. How many programs are sub-par across the state? If the rest of the state would raise their level, wouldn't that help the sport more? How many programs are run by coaches who let their teams be below average? Go to your local school board and demand that these coaches be held accountable. Go and volunteer your time to programs, help raise money to send kids AND COACHES to camps, help with kids clubs or start one in your town if there isn't one. Wrestling is one of the few sports where having great work ethic will result in success. If you aren't very good then you should work harder.

In the words of Tom Brands "You don't deserve anything, the only thing you deserve is what you earn". What have fans earned? These teams don't owe "the fans" anything.

They are successful because they outwork everyone else and as long as they continue to do that they will be among the best.

just my 2 cents

If "the fans" care so much about the greater good and what is best for the sport, maybe they should go to THEIR schools and demand accountability from their program and coaches. How many programs are sub-par across the state? If the rest of the state would raise their level, wouldn't that help the sport more? How many programs are run by coaches who let their teams be below average? Go to your local school board and demand that these coaches be held accountable. Go and volunteer your time to programs, help raise money to send kids AND COACHES to camps, help with kids clubs or start one in your town if there isn't one. Wrestling is one of the few sports where having great work ethic will result in success. If you aren't very good then you should work harder.

In the words of Tom Brands "You don't deserve anything, the only thing you deserve is what you earn". What have fans earned? These teams don't owe "the fans" anything.

They are successful because they outwork everyone else and as long as they continue to do that they will be among the best.

just my 2 cents

:thumb:

What you are saying is only 1/2 true. Yes, the fans & community may not have earned anything! However, if you don't give them what they want they can withhold funds that allow you to run the program like you wish. Without donations above what the school gives a wrestling program most very successful programs would not be able to accomplish their team & individual goals. Tom Brands can say what he wants but you don't see him telling the Roy Carver family to stick it where the sun does not shine!

lol. Bradley has been upsetting the fans for years now and I haven't noticed them suffering. Nice theory but doesn't hold much water. I also doubt very seriously that Dan Gable or Brands call Carver to see who they should schedule. I have no first hand knowledge of this (maybe you do?) but if I were a betting man my money would be on Gable/Brands. Nice name drop though