TFCA All-State Class 2A Team

CoachT

Seay was the best player in 2A hands down this year. Both sides of the ball. MVP in the Championship, and Co MVP in the Region. To beat TC you had to stop Seay, and nobody did. Without him they are still a good team, but not a 1 loss in 2 seasons team. So this list must be a popularity contest, or character, or maybe grades, but not solely a football contest.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seay was the best player in 2A hands down this year. Both sides of the ball. MVP in the Championship, and Co MVP in the Region. To beat TC you had to stop Seay, and nobody did. Without him they are still a good team, but not a 1 loss in 2 seasons team. So this list must be a popularity contest, or character, or maybe grades, but not solely a football contest.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of how this came to be....who voted for who, criteria,

etc. I'm heavily biased, of course, but I haven't heard anyone in the past two years that disagreed

with your post. Congratulations to Lee..he's a hoss as well. Imagine him in TCs backfield......

I totally agree Seay should have been on the All-State team hands down.

However I do not see the need to bash Jackson County players that made the team. We participated and followed the rules and all the coaches in Tennessee had a chance to vote. We did not politic for votes but we did present the information on our players to the coaches because we feel it is part of our job to promote our players and to also see that they have every opportunity to advance their playing careers if they see fit. It is a step in the right direction just as going to a bowl game was a positive step for this program. We have a long way to go but laying the building blocks takes time.

Congratulations to Kaleb Allen and Mason Hensley, we are proud of you! Also congratulations to all the players that made all of the teams in every classification. Many deserving players are not on the teams and I wish them well also. Personally, I'd like to see Tennessee Tech offer Seay if he eligible. I know I wish he could have played for us. Trousdale County is a class program and plays at a level we are striving to attain.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of how this came to be....who voted for who, criteria,

etc. I'm heavily biased, of course, but I haven't heard anyone in the past two years that disagreed

with your post. Congratulations to Lee..he's a hoss as well. Imagine him in TCs backfield......

Well it's a team game anyway right? Individual honors are more for the kid's Momma. It's all subjective. They ought to give honors to the best offensive line or best defense. Those would be some meaningful awards.

Well it's a team game anyway right? Individual honors are more for the kid's Momma. It's all subjective. They ought to give honors to the best offensive line or best defense. Those would be some meaningful awards.

True, without the big guys up front, there wouldn't be great RBs, or backfields. Defensive lines

as well. Unsung heroes for sure.

I wouldn't put too much stock into this All-State team. In '05, we didn't have a single player make it, not even Dillehay. If I'm not mistaken, a coach has to be a member of this association to vote and to also put kids in the East/West All-Star game. Don't think Satterfield was never a member, and Creasy only joined this association last year, in order to get Jared White in that game. Maybe this explains why none of our other "studs" have ever been seen in that particular all-star game. I can think of 15-20 easily, that could/should have participated over the years. I also heard that the voting/nominations for this particular all-state team was done during the week of the BC Bowl. I don't think Creasy had player politicing on his mind at that time.

But congrats to all that made it!