Best 2011 grads?

Baseballer10

Daniel Norris is by far the best of the 2011 class. Perfect Game has him rated as the #1 player in the United States for the 2011 class. He hit 94 and some say 96 this summer as LHP. He plays for Science Hill.

Kevin Connell from Boone is another lefty from Northeast Tennessee who is highly ranked nationally. He his 93 this fall.

The game when Boone and Science Hill face each other should be standing room only with college and pro scouts to watch these two highly ranked lefties face off. The faced each other two times last year and it was crowded and they were only sophomores. Each one of them won one. This year should be unreal each time they play.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I knew. The logical choice would be 2B but I think he may go to the outfield too. It will be interesting to see. I wonder how a move would affect Keeton. Some people would not be happy about being moved during their Senior year. I guess this will show what kind of team player he is. Of course, this is assuming that what I have been told is true, and that Bryant will be the SS unless something crazy happens.

I wish I knew. The logical choice would be 2B but I think he may go to the outfield too. It will be interesting to see. I wonder how a move would affect Keeton. Some people would not be happy about being moved during their Senior year. I guess this will show what kind of team player he is. Of course, this is assuming that what I have been told is true, and that Bryant will be the SS unless something crazy happens.

Columbia for the past 3 years was going to replace Keeton at SS. Three games into the season (maybe less) the "experiment" will end and Keeton will be back at SS. Book it.

I'll take that bet! But, three years ago Keeton didn't play ss, two years ago there was no replacement, last year they flirted with it but decided not to, this year it will happen. Just to make sure we are on the same page.

You must have inside info Columbiaguy. The kid, no names, I saw last year in Shelbyville looked like a "dear in the headlights". Maybe he improved in the off season,but I doubt he's better than Keeton,much less all the other SS in the district. Book it!

No inside info. but I have been around the program for the last 13 years. I only say this about the ss situation because it makes sense if you watched the two of them play all year last year. It became obvious by the end of the summer that Bryant was better than Keeton. Plus, Bryant is a Junior so he still has room to get better there for the next two years. This is no slight at Keeton either. This says much more about how good people I have talked to think Bryant can be. MTSU loved him when they saw him this summer.

Columbia - Brandon Brooks - C

Austin Bryant - SS

Paul Taylor - LHP

David Horne - RHP

Horne could be 90 by the end of the year

Taylor will be 82-84

Bryant is the best defensive ss in 8AAA

Brooks is solid behind the plate and improving offensively enough to get some atttention from MTSU

Let me see if I've got this right. Columbia has a SS that will put Keeton in another position, a D1 catcher and a kid that will throw 90mph yet I've never heard of any of them. Columbia won the district last year,did they not? Where were these players last year. Transfers? Help me to understand C.G.

Austin Bryant - SS

Paul Taylor - LHP

David Horne - RHP

Taylor will be 82-84

Brooks is solid behind the plate and improving offensively enough to get some atttention from MTSU

Let me see if I've got this right. Columbia has a SS that will put Keeton in another position, a D1 catcher and a kid that will throw 90mph yet I've never heard of any of them. Columbia won the district last year,did they not? Where were these players last year. Transfers? Help me to understand C.G.

Never heard of Bryant or this catcher? But Horne is a very good pitcher, he probably could hit 82-83 last year but I'm sure that 90 by the end of the season is correct.

Austin Bryant - SS

Paul Taylor - LHP

David Horne - RHP

Taylor will be 82-84

Never heard of Bryant or this catcher? But Horne is a very good pitcher, he probably could hit 82-83 last year but I'm sure that 90 by the end of the season is correct.

Word out of workouts is Horne is close to 90, if not there at times. Thanks for the kind words Redbird.

Also, make no mistake the boys (Brooks & Bryant) you've never heard of can play the game.