Best 2011 grads?

Baseballer10

I do agree with Netfan. Just because a kid is the best on your team doesn't mean he's the best in the of his class.

BUT! the person who started that wanted to expand his horizons and find out who else is out there. what good does it do to just name Pfiefer and Nicky? everyone knows there good.

Still, you can't go throwin your name out or your best players name out, I would say if the kid isn't d1 caliber, he's not the best.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best is a "relative" term in high school baseball. A player might be the best in his area, but on the big stage may not be very good. I see no problem with a parent thinking his kid is in the best catagory. Let them post without criticism or judgement. Tennessee is not exactly a hotbed for baseball players on the national level. I do think this thread should be titled best middle/west Tennessee players since they mostly dominate the posts. :roflol:

As i said, then they are not part of the best but good players. Under ya'lls assumption we have 10 best players since we will have 10 juniors playing varsity.

We have only have 1 that can even be considered in the best in TN.

I reckon you guys also believe everyone is a winner as long as they try. Your teams probably give everybody a trophy for something. Sounds like LL to me, not high school baseball. Again, if you want to have a list of all juniors playing varsity then start that thread. But if you want the best then give names and reasons why. Pitchers not throwing 85 plus probably even 90 are not the best.

Hitters hitting less than 10 home runs are not power hitters.

Batters hitting less than .400 are not great batters.

If you have not played varsity baseball before, not even considered.

Just my opinion on what it takes to be part of the best.

so if every player on a team hits 9 home runs, by your logic ,this wouldn't be a team with POWER

and if every player on a team hits .399, by your logic, this would not be a GREAT hitting team

lol great post...maybe you should actually go watch some games buddy

So Borobaseball, what do you think a player has to do to be the best in TN.

Pitcher?

Hitter?

Slugger?

Fielder?

Not best on the team or best in their region but best in TN.

If you aren't accomplishing the things I said I don't think you are the best. Hate to tell you I probably watched over 300 high school, showcase, and tournament games last year.

So Borobaseball, what do you think a player has to do to be the best in TN.

Pitcher?

Hitter?

Slugger?

Fielder?

Not best on the team or best in their region but best in TN.

If you aren't accomplishing the things I said I don't think you are the best. Hate to tell you I probably watched over 300 high school, showcase, and tournament games last year.

who the "best" is can never really be determined because of the different levels and competition that high schools play against. Stats can be very missleading as well, some kids play on small fields where some play on big fields...I would love for you to give me your list of the "best" in TN. Call Baseball America and they will tell you the answer to your question...of course it's thier opinion only

the fact that this thread is five pages long is why you can't just talk about D1 prospects. If we only talked about D1 players we would have been done on the first page. The best players to me would be players going to any college. I have yet to name a player from Columbia that will not play college baseball so I feel comfortable saying they are among the best 2011 grads.

the fact that this thread is five pages long is why you can't just talk about D1 prospects. If we only talked about D1 players we would have been done on the first page. The best players to me would be players going to any college. I have yet to name a player from Columbia that will not play college baseball so I feel comfortable saying they are among the best 2011 grads.

Wow! Now after all that, who else is on the radar as college material CG? :roflol: