W-E-S-T, B-E-S-T must be the BEST

Turtle

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proud of my Running Rebs! Had a chance to Coach there after Lindsay got out and after Petko, but my heart is with the Mavericks. Looks like I made the right choice because West is looking raw under Coach K! Kessler was my RA when we were both at UT and we became good friends. He of course got high marks when he married my girl Renee too. She was a year older then me at West and could flat out hoop. No wonder little Crystal was such a good ball player. We play West last week of the season and have a chance to play them if we make region. I'm looking forward to the challenge. West is the best team in Knoxville right now. Hope they take it to the Super 16. Would love to see them and Bearden in the finals...

Very proud of my alma mater starting to play ball like they should have been for years. Coach Kessler is doing a great job at West. West has a ton of talent right now. Kessler's got to get a few of those boys to play for Cummings. Could you imagine Jujuan, Tookie, Devin, etc. on the football field. No wonder Cummings is at all the b-ball games, he's got to recruit within his own school....Running Rebs...

If I was Kessler, I wouldn't worry too much about getting my stud hoops players on the football field. If they want to play fine, but I think the resurgence of West basketball is due to these guys concentrating on hoops. I don't think Jody Wright worries too much about getting guys like Gallman, Steele, and Boyd on the football field and the same thing applies at Bearden. I don't think that it is a coincidence either that those two programs are probably the top two programs in ET.

Proud of my Running Rebs! Had a chance to Coach there after Lindsay got out and after Petko, but my heart is with the Mavericks. Looks like I made the right choice because West is looking raw under Coach K! Kessler was my RA when we were both at UT and we became good friends. He of course got high marks when he married my girl Renee too. ...

Ok, I take it you were an assistant coach after Lindsay and Coach P? I was there during the Lindsay(Kevin O'Neil style of basketball SLOW IT DOWN) and Coach P's error. Well I wasn't there for Coach P but he was coaching JV at the time I walked the stage but you said you coached at West during this time. I'm trying to figure out whom you are :lol:

But I think it may be a Bearden vs West Final in the Super 16.. I mean, it'll be a great game then a couple days later you'll see Bearden vs West again when it counts...But West will have their hands full with Central tomorrow night..

Looks like both West and Bearden had there hands full last night. I was surprised to wake up to read in the KNS that Central had beaten West and Bearden had beaten Webb by 1point(earlier in the year, BHS beat Webb by 30+). Tonight should be a great matchup between to outstanding programs. Bearden and its quickness vs Central and its size....best of luck to both teams

Whoa wait if anyone has quickness it's central. Also I wasn't impressed with bearden last night

I was pretty impressed with Bearden last night and the way they fought back from being down by 9 points both at the end of the 1st and halftime. Blevins always seems to make adjustments to help his team out overcome a deficet. I was impressed by Central and their play. They will be a force to be recokened with throughout the remainder of the season and tournament time. Great job DAWGS for winning the Super 16 for the 3rd year in a ROW

Yea yea good job dogs by putting Fulton, central, west in same bracket..

I can promise you that every team that hosts a tournament, will put there on team in the easiest bracket....look throughout history in every tournament played and you will see that. Either way, Bearden still got to the championship game and still had to beat Central which they did...and I'm done!!!

BTW, Turtle....who dat who dat who dat dere gonna be AE...AC AC AC!!! Put the whooping on dem boys from da EAST SIDE last night!!!!