Mr.Knowitall Predictions

fastpitchdadd

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask Georgia how much they enjoyed the 20" of rain in September and October :popcorneater:

You are right it rained alot of games out last fall, but not the fall before, or the one before etc... and no one was freezing, the girls I knew playing ball were able to use those expensive bats without fear of breaking due to cold weather. I haven't been here for a Tennessee high school season yet but I have heard that the first part of the season is usually brutal.

We may not play high school more than one season. We have heard that high school coaches here don't coach like tournament coaches but the jury is out there. What I am most concerned about is the fact that there is little exposure in high school ball from college coaches and that won't change if the season does not change. School pride is great but the girls and parents are put through a lot for little return. College softball is not the money making machine that football and basketball is so softball programs do not have the scouts the other sports have. There is no way college coaches can be two places at once. In Georgia (though I hate to bring GA into the argument) the girls are watched by college coaches not only during tournament ball but you will often see D1 coaches from many states attending high school games on a regular basis, because they can. GA high school girls are recruited more because they are watched more, summer and fall. High school coaches know this and therefore they coach like they should instead of playing favorites, down there they coach to win for the most part instead of the political stuff I have been hearing about here.

Just a thought, seems like a no brainer to me. :D

I kind of think this needs its own forum to be heard a little louder. I am all for playing in the fall. I do not like the fact that the first ASA qualifier is being held during TSSAA Spring Fling. I also feel that it is good to support your school but your more serious ball players do need to be with their travel teams earlier (March and April)

Why not play for your school, your friends and teammates, even if it's not always closely monitored by colleges?

I was just commenting on some of the grumblings I have heard not only here but in a couple of places, alot of people I know and have known have the college agenda and that is a topic that drives many converstations since we came here, not that it was any less of a topic anywhere else, academics is more important to me you don't get through life without them, especially girls.

I get the school pride thing, I did it myself, and wasn't offered any schlorships for my efforts. To me that is what high schools are about for softball, tried to talk her out of it and she wouldn't listen so I support her. The college coach thing was a converstation topic I let spill over here. I was reallyinterested in the MR. Know it all posts I was told to look for them, I looked back and read a few, he is an interesting character but I am sure his posts will mean more to me after I have learned more about this state. I should start another post to talk about this stuff.

Like I said didn't want to step on toes.

Yes it drove me crazy his first year because he was a little harsh in what he was saying. Then people thought I was saying it!!!! I have been involved in travel ball since my daughter was 9. Went to the ASA A Nationals almost every year. She now plays in college. Played every year in High School. It makes it tough to leave the State Tourney and head to the 1st Qualifier when GA teams have been playing for months together. We struggled with early games getting players back use to seeing good teams and playing together. Some High Schools have good teams with good coaches.....but they cannot compare with ASA A National Level. AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!! But if you are looking for the next level and college coaches find you a good A level Gold team for the Summer. Enjoy High School with your friends and family as they are great memories also.

:popcorneater: