BEECH 58 LIVINGSTON ACAD 22 ???

LARRYBIRD33

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow ! That's surprising (No disrespect to Beech). Livingston is much better than that. Every dog has it's day though. If I was a future Livingston opponent, I wouldn't expect that type of a performance.

Livingston played real well day 1 against Antioch and came away with win. They never got it going in the 2nd game losing to Red Bank by 13 were down by as many as 21. Ramsey kid never got it going and stayed in foul trouble the first 2 games. I didn't see the Beech game but saw where they only scored 8 pts in 2nd half.

I was very impressed with Livingston against Antioch, however against Red Bank they didn't look very good and if #23 (Smith) hadn't of scored 33 points they would have lost by 20+, he kept them in the game all by himself on offense.

Not sure if there was some issue, sounded like the game was getting a little out of hand but LA was only down 13 midway through the third. Then they played third string the rest of the game. Beech kept their main players in till late in the 4th getting layup after layup. The 1-3-1 didnt play a factor until Beech left their starters in against our bench!

Oldkoger- Midway through the third quarter come on! What- the first and second string refused to play. LA'S Ego will not let that happen and you can go bet on that! If LA had scouted Beech they should have known 1-3-1 that's Beech from start to finish. I admire LA they will play the big boys but when you get spanked wipe the tears away and get ready for the next game. :thumb:

Oldkoger- Midway through the third quarter come on! What- the first and second string refused to play. LA'S Ego will not let that happen and you can go bet on that! If LA had scouted Beech they should have known 1-3-1 that's Beech from start to finish. I admire LA they will play the big boys but when you get spanked wipe the tears away and get ready for the next game. :thumb:

I didnt make that up. Did you follow the game or just look at the box score? We didnt get spanked, we got took out to the wood shed! A couple of 2nd string and 3rd string finished the game from half the 3rd to the end. But dont worry I am sure we will have it together when we make the trip to CC and that will take care of my tears!!

Not sure if there was some issue, sounded like the game was getting a little out of hand but LA was only down 13 midway through the third. Then they played third string the rest of the game. Beech kept their main players in till late in the 4th getting layup after layup. The 1-3-1 didnt play a factor until Beech left their starters in against our bench!

Why on earth would the coach of Beech take out his starters with a 13 point lead in the 3rd qtr, just because the LA coach did?? Just because they gave up or he was fed up with starters doesn't dictate that the other team play their bench. If you have any issues it needs to be with your team and coach, not the other team. There is no rule written or unwritten that dictates that the team ahead has to pull off in the 3rd quarter just because the other team decides to play their bench. Your issue needs to be with your coach's decision and not Beech.

I'm just a basketball fan and was at the tournament not rooting for a particular team. I saw LA play Antioch and as I said they looked really sharp. The next day they did not look that sharp against RedBank and I did notice that the coach made some substitutions against Red Bank that he didn't against Antioch. I'm assuming he wasn't happy with some players.

The Red Bank game they just could not keep up with the speed of Red Bank and were outworked on the boards. It was a fast physical game and LA was not able to keep up. They have some incredible shooters and some good athletes, I just don't think they showed up to play on Tuesday and apparently not for the Beech game that I didn't get to see.

Just reading your report. We have been spanked as we were being taken to the wood shed. Believe me I know the feeling! I am sure LA will have it together. A 66-55 loss at LA I don't think that was a bad showing. We will just have to see. I will go ahead and leave a hankie at the front desk for you just in case. You never know. :thumb:

...LA could be overated...they lost 75% of the scoring(Dunn, Peterman, D. Ramsey, C. West) from last year...I haven't seen LA play this year but I've been around basketball long enough to know that it will take a while until the 'bench' (from last year) shows up...they will need to know what it takes to be in a few 'wars'...let's see how they look a month from now(Jan 31st) and if oldkoger is still making excuses then I'll ask him for some cheese with that whine!!! :thumb:

Why on earth would the coach of Beech take out his starters with a 13 point lead in the 3rd qtr, just because the LA coach did?? Just because they gave up or he was fed up with starters doesn't dictate that the other team play their bench. If you have any issues it needs to be with your team and coach, not the other team. There is no rule written or unwritten that dictates that the team ahead has to pull off in the 3rd quarter just because the other team decides to play their bench. Your issue needs to be with your coach's decision and not Beech.

I'm just a basketball fan and was at the tournament not rooting for a particular team. I saw LA play Antioch and as I said they looked really sharp. The next day they did not look that sharp against RedBank and I did notice that the coach made some substitutions against Red Bank that he didn't against Antioch. I'm assuming he wasn't happy with some players.

The Red Bank game they just could not keep up with the speed of Red Bank and were outworked on the boards. It was a fast physical game and LA was not able to keep up. They have some incredible shooters and some good athletes, I just don't think they showed up to play on Tuesday and apparently not for the Beech game that I didn't get to see.

Happy New Year. Couldn't have said it better myself mr jones. Why in the world only down 13 would the starters be pulled for the rest of the game? What was the issue? OK take on situations seemed to be a little skewed. I was somewhat surprised at the Red Bank score given that LA beat them early in the year. The Beech score was a real shocker. Figured Beech was pretty good but not that good. Things should get better for LA as all the games they got left, except for one, will be against upper cumberland teams. They're big city games didn't turn out very well, but maybe it will help in the long haul.