Mr. Basketball Questions

Elvis3

1. Who makes up the committee or group that select Mr. Basketball or anysport?

2. What is the criteria? Is it only stats? Do academics have anything to do with the selection.

3. When is the the annoucement made and where?

1. COACHES AND BEAT WRITERS FROM AROUND THE STATE

2. MOSTLY SCORING; I WOULD SAY THAT THE PLAYER SHOULD BE IN GOOD ACADEMIC STANDING.

3. ANNOUNCEMENT MADE DURING THE STATE TOURNAMENT.. AT EACH CLASSES AWARD PRESENTATION

** NOM'S ARE MADE MADE BEFORE DURING DISTRICT PLAY I THINK.

PAST WINNERS... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_ ... ball_Award

HOPE THIS HELPS.

It's all politics. Of course it is decided by the AP and coaches.

Look at it like this..... I'm going to use Triple A Mr. Basketball candidates for example.

Let's say Joe Jackson from Memphis White Station gets nominated and Casey Prather from Jackson NS gets nominated. They are definately 2 of the top players in the state. Then, you have some kid over in East TN that is a candidate, however isn't on the same level as Joe or Casey, but is still a candidate. The kid from East TN will win due to the fact that the votes in the West/Middle will split with Joe and Casey and all the East TN AP votes the East TN kid. I just pray it doesn't wind up that way this year with votes being split and the REAL Mr. Basketball player wins Mr. Basketball. Just my 2 cents after last year.

Look at it like this..... I'm going to use Triple A Mr. Basketball candidates for example.

Let's say Joe Jackson from Memphis White Station gets nominated and Casey Prather from Jackson NS gets nominated. They are definately 2 of the top players in the state. Then, you have some kid over in East TN that is a candidate, however isn't on the same level as Joe or Casey, but is still a candidate. The kid from East TN will win due to the fact that the votes in the West/Middle will split with Joe and Casey and all the East TN AP votes the East TN kid. I just pray it doesn't wind up that way this year with votes being split and the REAL Mr. Basketball player wins Mr. Basketball. Just my 2 cents after last year.

First of all players from the Memphis area have won more than a few Mr. Basketball awards. Second, you act as though the kid that won in AAA last year was nothing special. He averaged over 30 points and 15 rebounds per game. That is exceptional whether you are from Memphis, Knoxville, or somewhere in the middle.

First of all players from the Memphis area have won more than a few Mr. Basketball awards. Second, you act as though the kid that won in AAA last year was nothing special. He averaged over 30 points and 15 rebounds per game. That is exceptional whether you are from Memphis, Knoxville, or somewhere in the middle.

Joe Jackson was last year and still is this year the BEST PLAYER IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE!!!! The kid that won last year wasn't in the same LEAGUE as Joe Jackson just being 100% honest!!!!! :thumb:

Joe Jackson was last year and still is this year the BEST PLAYER IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE!!!! The kid that won last year wasn't in the same LEAGUE as Joe Jackson just being 100% honest!!!!! :thumb:

The kid that won last year is not even a high-major college player!!! How do you not vote for Joe Jackson!!!

Just like two years ago when MJ Brown won over Reggie Buckner!!! MJ is a good player but Buckner is on another level!!! Buckner starts for Ole Miss and has won a sec freshman of the week award! :lol:

AP Voters keep doing a great Job!!! :thumb:

I understand what you talking about Legend,but MJ shouldve won Mr.Basketball that yr.MJ took control the 2nd half and everybody else followed,where Buckner ended up disappearing in the 2nd half.Both players were worthy of it,but i think MJ showed more of who MR.Basketball was that year by his performance.I know they vote Mr.Basketball before the post season start,but MJ was the best single A player that yr.I have been keeping up with Buckner and glad he is doing good.I keep up with other Tenn college players and root for them when they not playing UK2K.LOL.I also believe that Joe Jackson got robbed.He is not only the best player in Tenn,but the best player in a whole lot of states across the US.I said in another post before the Arbys Classic that Chris Jones should be nominated for AAA Mr.Basketball along with Casey Prather and Joe Jackson,If Hammonds miss a lot more games,it will cancel him out.

Joe Jackson was the best player in the state last year and is the best player in the state this year. Drew Kelley might've put up gaudy numbers, but take a look at the talent he faced and look at the talent Joe Jackson went up against. If you watched them both play, we all know who was better.

As for the MJ and Buckner debate, I'll say this..... they were both deserving to say the least. I really liked watching MJ play in HS as I got to see him play quite a bit. I only saw Buckner play about 5 times counting AAU. They were both phenominal high school players. It looks as if Buckner could make a career out of playing basketball if he keeps things up at Ole Miss.