Morristown East Football will they stop anybody 2010

EASTFAN

Morristown East defense for 2009 was terrible. You can add our punt team as well.

Their has to be some changes made on defense & Special teams or we are looking at

another 5-5 season. Coaches Hatcher offense will score points ,but what good it does

when the other teams offense score as many points.

Tackling on defense was just terrible all year long. Who's is teaching tackling at East's?

Time & time again you would see defensive players trying to tackle to high. If you are only 165 lbs,

& the runningback is 200 lbs, you must get lower or you will get run over.

Special teams: Great kickoff return team, terrible punt team. I think Morristown East had 9 block

kicks & atlease 4 kicks that went less than 20 yards. It's a good thing the offense score somuch.

1) Alot of good players returning for 2010. East's must start using disciplinary action for conduct

that is hurting the team.

example:

a) late for pratices

:thumb: late for summer workouts

c) cussing out coaches or teamates (this includes MOM's & DaD's) If you do not like the

coach or how he is coaching, please pull you son off the team. We have had too many

parents that thing the know more than the coaches.We must support the coaches

100% durning the season. If you still have a problem, Please wait until the season is

over.

D) Coach Hatcher must not play favorites with star players. These guys should be your

hardest workers. If your best player misses pratices or summer workouts kick him off

the team. You will never win a championship with "me" type of players.

Alot of the problem you see at UT started in high school. Coaches looking the other way when a

star player breaks rules. Until Morristown East get's more discipline, 5-5 will be the best we can

do.

Lord willing, I will be their to support my canes! 100% this fall. Work hard this offseson-GO CANES! :flower:

I guess 2 things I noticed from the one game we played against you.

1. You had a few good skill players on offense, and one outstanding players on offense. Problem, you used the one outstanding as a work horse. By the third quarter, he was hardly lining up and going out on plays except if he was getting the ball. He was exhausted. An absolute pleasure to see because he was hands down the best offensive player I saw all year, but some other people needed to step up or play calling needed to change to utilize him better.

2. Needs some more discipline on the team, and enough with the down and dirty stuff. Too many personal fouls. Some will say "it's football" but you don't hit kids after plays and cuss people in front of the refs. You let your hits during the plays say your words, not trash talking.

I'm surprised you all had the record you had, because you had a great team. Defense needs a huge amount of work. Too many kids are going both ways.

Has anyone considered that the glue that held that program together for 9 years left the program last year. It is not a secret that Seals was the one that made sure that the players were in line. Yes the offense scored points but how many times did the offense put the defense in bad situations. I don't care if u are playing with the baltimore ravens if u give an offense the ball on the 10 yards line because of a fumble or a terrible punt then heck they are gonna store. Lets not put all the blame on one side of the ball. i believe the defense has been consistent for the last 10 years and has won their fair share of games over the last 4 years.

Has anyone considered that the glue that held that program together for 9 years left the program last year. It is not a secret that Seals was the one that made sure that the players were in line. Yes the offense scored points but how many times did the offense put the defense in bad situations. I don't care if u are playing with the baltimore ravens if u give an offense the ball on the 10 yards line because of a fumble or a terrible punt then heck they are gonna store. Lets not put all the blame on one side of the ball. i believe the defense has been consistent for the last 10 years and has won their fair share of games over the last 4 years.

I agree with your statement about Seals.He has moved on,so what should Morristown East do now?

The defense was a whole lot better when Coaches Seals had it.Maybe it is lack of talent on

defense last year or playing so many underclassmen.I know tackling was a major problem, and that

come from coaching.

Most of last years offense return, I think East's will be better on offense this year because they

would'nt depend on one outstanding player to do everything. The best Game East's played was

against Sevier Co. They had there trouble on defense, but the played as a team. Our best player

did'nt play because he was hurt.

Looking to 2010 season,does anyone have any spring practices up-dates.What changes have been

made to improve the defense & punting on special teams?

GO CANES? Key to a great season, starts in the weightroom. :roll: