District 14a champions who wins it

statechamps20

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lc hbt or uc who takes it home

I would say that was a pretty safe bet! Should start getting interesting very soon! :oops:

I don't think there is a Manassas or a Humboldt from last year so it could be a lot of teams..I also feel like Lake Co will be a lot better in a few weeks as they just got a player eligible..He did play against Union City a pretty good bit but he hasn't played at all this year..You could see his potential though..especially on the glass and blocking shots..Probably going to take a very quick team with some good shooter that can shoot from the outside ..like Union City..Not going to be a whole lot of people go inside..at least not at will..!

I like Humboldt's chances...Beat Union City by double digits and lost by 4 at Lake Co without Darren Dunbar...And yes, I've heard about Lake Co.'s player that just became eligible but I don't have any doubt that we can score inside with Dunbar and Bryson...

As far as Humboldt's state chances, teams like Middleton and City University worry me...Memphis always has 1 single A school that is pretty good and apparently this year it's City University and Middleton has beaten Humboldt convincingly already this season although it was early and without a couple of guys...With that being said, Humboldt has good enough size to play with anyone at the 1A level and has a big time shooter in Antonio Brooks who changes games..This team is young and will only get better as the year progresses...Should make for an interesting and certainly more competitive post season than in recent years..

I had LC...H'Boldt and UC in that order......

Personally, I am surprised UC has beaten LC twice especially since LC beat Humboldt...The UC-Humboldt game was 12 points (68-56) but that was the largest lead of the game...It was 3 points (59-56) midway thru the 4th qtr....UC might get Humboldt at home...UC played a tough schedule before the New Year and it may be paying off for them now...They have a chance to run off a few wins in a row and gain some more confidence...Sisco is all about preparing for the postseason and isn't all that concerned with his regular season win total...The Tornadoes have a couple kids stepping up and getting better as the season goes along, adding to their depth...Humboldt and Lake County are still more athletically talented but UC is better coached and they have that tradition going for them too...

I like Humboldt's chances...Beat Union City by double digits and lost by 4 at Lake Co without Darren Dunbar...And yes, I've heard about Lake Co.'s player that just became eligible but I don't have any doubt that we can score inside with Dunbar and Bryson...

As far as Humboldt's state chances, teams like Middleton and City University worry me...Memphis always has 1 single A school that is pretty good and apparently this year it's City University and Middleton has beaten Humboldt convincingly already this season although it was early and without a couple of guys...With that being said, Humboldt has good enough size to play with anyone at the 1A level and has a big time shooter in Antonio Brooks who changes games..This team is young and will only get better as the year progresses...Should make for an interesting and certainly more competitive post season than in recent years..

i do agree that Humboldt is young and has the talent! But as in recent years they have got the same problem coaching! UC has the upper hand in that department like him or not he knows how to win! I will get off the subject of coaching. City University will be a team to contend with the brutal schedules the Memphis teams play always prepare them for post season. Middleton has a pretty good tradition and have only 4 setbacks 2 being JCM. So i agree they will be a tough out as well. Any team in District 14A will have its handful with either team! Bryson must become more of a force and be dominant when he gets on the inside! Dunbar needs to score more although he is a beast on the boards! I have seen Humboldt play and Dunbar has got a nice 12 to 15 jumper. He needs to crank it up a notch! Humboldt has LC the 19th and travel to UC the 26th. This will be two good games they better come out fired up and be ready for a fight! LC needs this game in a big way and i am sure they will be ready! UC will be a much tougher out at home! You can bet Sisco will have his team ready! Let it begin good luck to all! :roflol:

I had LC...H'Boldt and UC in that order......

Personally, I am surprised UC has beaten LC twice especially since LC beat Humboldt...The UC-Humboldt game was 12 points (68-56) but that was the largest lead of the game...It was 3 points (59-56) midway thru the 4th qtr....UC might get Humboldt at home...UC played a tough schedule before the New Year and it may be paying off for them now...They have a chance to run off a few wins in a row and gain some more confidence...Sisco is all about preparing for the postseason and isn't all that concerned with his regular season win total...The Tornadoes have a couple kids stepping up and getting better as the season goes along, adding to their depth...Humboldt and Lake County are still more athletically talented but UC is better coached and they have that tradition going for them too...

I am not surprised at all Sisco knows how to prepare his teams! Coaching will be a big factor in the next few days! HBT,LC and UC will meet and you better bet UC will be ready! LC travels to HBT a big game for the Falcons and Vikings! Perhaps a little bigger for LC with 2 District setbacks. I believe HBT travels to UC on the 26th. The Vikings better be on their A game or they will get beat! It would not shock me one bit! Being at home and Sisco at the helm thats the advantage UC has coaching!! Like Sisco or not he knows how to coach! Good luck to all!! :roflol: