#1 Gleason vs #4 Greenfield

monsterman99

Middleton shouldn't lose a game the rest of the way. Regular season and district tournament that is. I don't know anything about district 16 but I wouldn't think that they would have anybody that can beat them. Scotts Hill can beat them if they shoot it well and Middleton don't. Middleton made 11 3ptrs the night they beat them by 35 and Scotts Hill actually made it a game in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I see our Region champ being Middleton and Scotts Hill being runner up. Madison is going to be a tough out I think in the region as well.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TWO GREAT TEAMS. SHOULD BE A GOOD NIGHT OF B-BALL. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH.

You are a good sport. Come on over, I'll save you a seat. It is a 6:30 tipoff.

THANKS FOR THE INVITE. WAS OUT OF TOWN. CONGRATS TO GREENFIELD ON THE WIN. GREENFIELD HAS SEVERAL GOOD PLAYERS AND HAS A REAL CHANCE FOR THE GOLD BALL. ALONG WITH LAKE CO. (DID NOT FORGET YOU BIGSTER) AND SOME OTHER TEAMS. I HAVE BEEN WATCHING BRADFORD B-BALL SINCE THE MID 90'S AND CAN NOT RECALL A YEAR WITH SUCH BALANCE IN 14A. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS, AND I KNOW WHO EVER COMES OUT OF 14A WILL DO US PROUD. :flower::thumb::lol:

TWO GREAT TEAMS. SHOULD BE A GOOD NIGHT OF B-BALL. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH.

You are a good sport. Come on over, I'll save you a seat. It is a 6:30 tipoff.

THANKS FOR THE INVITE. WAS OUT OF TOWN. CONGRATS TO GREENFIELD ON THE WIN. GREENFIELD HAS SEVERAL GOOD PLAYERS AND HAS A REAL CHANCE FOR THE GOLD BALL. ALONG WITH LAKE CO. (DID NOT FORGET YOU BIGSTER) AND SOME OTHER TEAMS. I HAVE BEEN WATCHING BRADFORD B-BALL SINCE THE MID 90'S AND CAN NOT RECALL A YEAR WITH SUCH BALANCE IN 14A. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS, AND I KNOW WHO EVER COMES OUT OF 14A WILL DO US PROUD. :wub::wub::wub:

I agree with you about the balance..In years past Gleason and Bradford ruled with Lake Co having some good teams during some of those years..Now it's about 6 tough teams and the top team isnt too good to lose to any of these teams..And I believe we have some teams capable of winning the Gold ball..Humboldt scares me tonight..!

Middleton shouldn't lose a game the rest of the way. Regular season and district tournament that is. I don't know anything about district 16 but I wouldn't think that they would have anybody that can beat them. Scotts Hill can beat them if they shoot it well and Middleton don't. Middleton made 11 3ptrs the night they beat them by 35 and Scotts Hill actually made it a game in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I see our Region champ being Middleton and Scotts Hill being runner up. Madison is going to be a tough out I think in the region as well.

i agree. the thing about middleton this year is that they have a lot more balanced scoring, both inside and out. last year, against madison in the regionals and lake county in substate, they were without both sharon morgan and coresia berry. it makes all the difference having solid guard play today. as far as your madison comment, i wouldn't be surprised to see them end up far in the regionals as well. coach patterson has a good fundamental team, but my only concern is the youth he has and can they withstand the pressure of tournament play.

I agree with you about the balance..In years past Gleason and Bradford ruled with Lake Co having some good teams during some of those years..Now it's about 6 tough teams and the top team isnt too good to lose to any of these teams..And I believe we have some teams capable of winning the Gold ball..Humboldt scares me tonight..!YOUR RIGHT TO BE WORRIED ABOUT HUMBOLDT. WHEN THEY TAKE CARE OF THE BALL THEY ARE A REAL GOOD TEAM. TRENTON IS THE SAME WAY, THEY ARE TOUGH, AND THEY ARE THE HOST SITE FOR 14A. GREENFIELD HAS A REAL GOOD TEAM, THEY HAVE A LOT OF DEPTH AND SOLID PLAY. I CAN'T TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT LAKE CO. YOU DON'T ALREADY KNOW. WHEN BRADFORD SHOWS UP THEY ARE TOUGH. I STILL THINK LAKE CO. IS THE TEAM TO BEAT IN 14A, BUT IF HUMBOLDT HEATS UP, THEY WILL BE A HARD OUT. AS FOR DISTRICT PLAY, I THINK BRADFORD HAS A BETTER CHANCE AGAINST GREENFIELD. GREENFIELD HAS A GREAT TEAM, BUT BRADFORD DOES NOT MATCH UP WELL WITH THE OTHER TEAMS. SHOULD BE FUN TO WATCH. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS AND STAY HEALTHY. WALSMITH HURT HER KNEE IN PRACTICE. HEARD SHE WAS OK, BUT IT COULD BE OVER THAT QUICK FOR ANY OF THE GIRLS.

If past history is any indication, I'll go with Gleason by around 5.....

Is it true that Gleason has won 14 straight in the series and at least 17 out of the last 19 ??...

Actually, I'd like to see Greenfield win since they are in 14A....

You asked if its true and I will sadly say it is true.

Purple, Come on over to the game and I'll save you a seat, I think you will get your moneys worth tonight regardless the outcome. I do appreciate your last comment.

Thanks for the invite G'Fieldfan.....

You are welcome on the comment...I have nothing against the city of Greenfield or the school....Ya'll just have some doofus coachT posting fans over there that want to make things personal with their comments...(And I'm not talking about you or volfan007)...I know that win means a lot to the school and the community and on that I extend a huge CONGRATS !!!...

Purple & Gold quote: Thanks for the invite G'Fieldfan.....

You are welcome on the comment...I have nothing against the city of Greenfield or the school....Ya'll just have some doofus coachT posting fans over there that want to make things personal with their comments...(And I'm not talking about you or volfan007)...I know that win means a lot to the school and the community and on that I extend a huge CONGRATS !!!...

Thank you Purple, I cant remember the last time we beat a #1 team in the state. The Gleason game is over. It was a good win for us but we are preparing for our next game tonight. Its one game at a time.

You are welcome on the comment...I have nothing against the city of Greenfield or the school....Ya'll just have some doofus coachT posting fans over there that want to make things personal with their comments...(And I'm not talking about you or volfan007)...I know that win means a lot to the school and the community and on that I extend a huge CONGRATS !!!...I AGREE WITH YOU, SO MANY MAKE IT PERSONAL, IE CALLING SOMEONE DOOFUS. ALL GOOD, NICE BIG LAUGH. HAHAHAHAHAHA :wub::wub::wub: :wub: :wub:

Gleason is not the best team in Tennessee or anywhere close. They are way overrated.

I can't say they are..but can't say they aren't..They may prove to be the best team at the end of the year..I've only seen them 1 time this year in person against Greenfield and even though they lost,I see some talent..I don't believe their schedule deserves them to be ranked higher than Greenfield and Lake Co...I just saw a post about the Dresden Lions and Huff was saying that Dresden would be the 2nd seeded team in that district and would probably play Humboldt,Bradford or Trenton..And I agree with him..All those teams would be favored over Dresden..Gleason has a fine ball team but it's kinda like Boise State in football..Yes..they may be 12-0 but would you pick them over Florida at 11-1..I believe if they were playing Greenfield,Humboldt,Lake Co.,Trenton,Union City,Bradford game after game instead of Carrol Ac.McKenzie,and Dresden..would make a difference..And Greenfield has played teams outside the district,Perry Co and Dyersburg just to name a couple and Lake Co has played about 3 schools from Kentucky,Dyersburg and Liberty..But Gleason did pull down two first place votes.More than likely the radio station in Martin,would thought they may have voted for Greenfield,still a Weakley Co team and a recent win over Gleason..More than likely the other one came from the Union City Messenger while the Jackson Sun went with Middleton..Oh well..just like the BCS..!