Anderson County Update????

bratman

I was surfing tonight between football games and wondered how Anderson County was doing. Hopi, or anyone, I haven't seen many posts. I assume with all of the athletes that they are doing well in the district. I was in around Thanksgiving and they were undefeated. A friend of mine said he thought they would finish behind OR and maybe Powell, but had an outside shot at making the state playoffs. I heard they had several big girls, and most of their team back from last year. Any news would be nice up here in the frozen Tundra where there has been at LEAST 1 foot of FROZEN snow on the ground since before Christmas!!!!

I am at Oliver Springs now coaching girls basketball down there, I have only seen them (AC) once this year against Gibbs. They lost that game by about 12 or so not sure. So I can't say for sure. Gibbs has one player (Signed with Kennasaw State) and not much else so draw your own conclusions.

They do have some young tall kids a freshman that is about 6' her last name is Couples she will be a real player for sure and they have another one at about 6' Ellis is her name and she to will be good when she learns the game a little more she will be pretty good. Leslie Humphery, Danielle Smith are so young freshman that have talent so the future might look good for them.

They have struggled in the win column this year, but they are very young. They lost 90% of their scoring from last year, but have gained a great group of freshmen. They have 2 seniors that are very talented ball players as well. They have had a few girls quit who seemed to be bringing the team moral down, and since they have left, the team is playing much better. Addition by subtraction. AC will keep improving due to the fact that they are playing with extremely young players, and have a freshmen that is averaging around a double double. Another note is they have another group of excellent ball players at one of their feeder schools that will be coming. The move to AAA has been difficult, but that is mostly due to who they lost and their young team. Coach Ellis is doing a very good job with these girls, and they will be a team that others don't want to face come tourney time.

Women's Basketball

Anderson County Mavericks

District 3 TeamsAnderson Co.Campbell Co.Knox CentralClintonKnoxville HallsHardin ValleyKarnsOak RidgePowell

Clinton, TN

Team HomeScheduleRosterStats 2009-2010 Schedule Analyze this schedule · Add Game

Date Opponent Details Result

Tue Nov. 17 #8 Maryville Hall of Fame L 36-62

Thu Nov. 19 Oneida Hall of Fame W 50-49

Fri Nov. 27 #7 Tellico Plains N Thanksgiving Tournament at Sequoyah L 53-55

Sat Nov. 28 Sweetwater N Sequoyah Thanksgiving Classic W 35-25

Tue Dec. 1 at #19 Oak Ridge D L 42-58

Fri Dec. 4 Hardin Valley D L 51-57

Tue Dec. 8 at Karns D W 63-49

Fri Dec. 11 Knoxville Halls D L 36-43

Tue Dec. 15 Knox Central L 55-56

Mon Dec. 21 at Gibbs L 41-53

Mon Dec. 28 at Knoxville Catholic Pilot Winter Classic L 35-37

Tue Dec. 29 Seymour N Pilot Food Mart Classic at Knoxville Catholic L 46-54

Tue Jan. 12 Clinton D L 38-40

Fri Jan. 15 at Hardin Valley D W 48-47

Brat, the story is that they are needing the missing link who was last seen in the tundra to give them some scouting support on a schedule that has gotten very hard this year. The other thing happening is a rumor got started that Anderson was a farm system for OR and that they were getting all of their better players. I don't know who recruits coaches for Anderson but lately the AD at OR finds out who

Anderson is dealing with and they just go and get them. The story there is that OR pays more or Anderson lost their bankroll when one of their best supporters went to the Tundra. Things seem out of control but I believe you'll get them straight. They play OR Tuesday night.

Oak Ridge getting all of Anderson Counties players. Where is your facts on that? I cant think of any significant player that is at Oak Ridge. Granted occasionally a player from the Norris area will goto Oak Ridge, but that is usually based on parent jobs in OR. Oak Ridge gets plenty of players from their excellent feeder schools Jefferson and Robertsville.

I can only think of one from Norris that went to OR and I think her father became a principl at one of the middle schools and she is no longer there. Other than that a few from several several years ago went there I think it was back when Phillips, Frazier and that era were there but since that time no one but the one that I can remember. I am 99 percent sure that is fact but if someone knows someone else please let us know.