Hillwood Football Position

Veer

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pray without ceasing............................ :oops:

chief... is it much better at Hunters Lane or Hillsboro? How do you rank the metro schools in supporting athletics?

Hunters Lane has the best talent in metro year in and year out (evidence- plenty of regular season wins over metro teams). None of the non-magnet metro schools support athletics like they used to, especially at road games. Good luck to the new coach at Hillwood. Their two feeder school, Bellevue and H.G. Hill Middle schools were not very successful in football this past year.

If Hillwood only has four home games this season that means that they had six this past season. Unless for some crazy reason they have a contract to play a team away twice. Regardless I am guessing the gates at Hillwoods games arent all that great anyway and probably do not come any where close to funding a program of any sorts. Its a problem all across metro. The only school that I saw this year that had fans in the stands was Overton and it was mostly due to their success. It also helped that this year Overton played both David Lipscomb and Father Ryan, two private schools that fans support and a lot of the players on those teams know the kids from Overton. I am guessing that up until this year Hillsboro probably had good support as well. Finding funds is always a challenge. Most often you have to find a way to be creative and do some fund raisers. Schools can hold camps, sell smart cards or enjoy the city magazines, chilli/spaghetti suppers, etc. Probably the easiest thing to do is use your connections to get donations. I am pretty sure a couple years back John Henderson helped out PC. I would guess he might have helped out Smithson Craighead Academy this year since MF was the head coach there but thats only a guess on my part.

I am not a metro high head football coach but from my experience of having a team those are my opinions. Its not easy, sometimes its almost impossible. It just depends on how much and how hard you are willing to work with no guarantees that your work will pay off.

Scott is an excellent coach. To be a good offensive guy you also need to understand defenses. Scott is very good on both sides of the ball.He could be a defensive coordinator if he did not have one on his staff. If you are good on offense you also keep your defense off the field for more than 3 plays. Did you ever think about that mindless. Just so you will know he is also good with special teams,weight and conditioning programs, practice organization, motivation,discipline,equipment and cloth maintenance and any other aspect necessary to be a good Head Coach.

This appears to be a dead end job. Unless you are an unknown with no head coaching experience, or you couldnt get hired somewhere better, there is no real positive of taking this job.

Great job to prove how good you are as a coach. There only one way for the program to go and that is up.There is a no pressure job. Some would look at this job as a challenge.