Open Letter to A True Low Form of Life

MMcCroskey

Raul Placeres has led the Gatlinburg-Pittman High School men's basketball team now for 3 season with dignity and a style that has earned him the respect and the admiration of both his team and the community.

Now, because of some petty, jealous, low form of life, he is now required to sit the bench and take the assistant's role because of some technicality.

The scuz that whined like a spoiled child to do this cares nothing for the kids that have developed so well here in Gatlinburg, the scuz that did this showed what a true waste of protoplasm they truly are.

I have no doubt the whiner responsible for this will read this post, or at least hear of it. I also have no doubt that what comes around goes around in the end, and I pity you - I really, really do. This sort of selfish pettiness is beneath contempt.

I, and much of the community here in Gatlinburg, has little doubt who did this. My name is posted here for all to see - how about yours? Do you have any shred of dignity left that would allow you to step up, in the open, and lay claim to this act and explain exactly why you did what you did - to help us all understand your ignoble intent to do . . . what, exactly?

Gatlinburg-Pittman's men's basketball will, I have no doubt, carry on even with this silliness. I can personally attest to the exceptional work Raul has done to help these kids get their best opportunity to play at the next level; to do a fantastic job of preparing these young men to become responsible members of our community.

Coaches like this are not easy to come by - combining the ability to teach and the ability to instill a sense of responsibility.

Shame on whoever sought to hinder this. Shame on anyone so filled with jealousy and envy that they would seek to destroy these efforts.

Shame.

All night tonight at the GP-Pigeon Forge basketball game, we all noticed Coach Placeres was seated on the bench during the game (now mind you, Coach P has gained quite a name as an active sideline coach, which has only added to his dynamic reputation).

Word quickly spread that some "good samaritan" had been kind enough to call (I assume the TSSAA?) and complain about the fact that Raul, as the paid Spanish Liason for the Sevier County School System (as I understand his school system role) was not allowed to be the head coach.

Keep in mind this is in a system where head coaches are infamous for teaching driver's ed or health.

It is further said that the same "good samaritan" asked that there be an investigation into any and all of the GP transfers (this one is fair game, imo, but just adds to the pettiness of the complaint against the coach).

Investigations of tranfers and their properness is well and good, but to try and tear the coach away from his team is scuz in the first degree, especially if that person will not stand up in the open to level their complaint and explain just why they feel the need to correct this "terrible injustice".

Ultimately, the kids are hurt by this act of jealousy. Ultimately, this is the act of someone that cares little for the kids that are being so positively affected here in Gatlinburg. I personally know every one of the kids on this GP team, and I know how they are progressing, both as basketball players, and more importantly as young men. Raul has, no doubt at all, been a tremendous positive influence on these young men.

What was done here was the act of a snivelling coward, imho. I obviously don't like seeing kids get hurt so some adult can feed their petty nature.

Word is also quickly spreading as to exactly who and what organization is behind this, but I am most interested to see if anyone that instigated this tripe has the courage to step out into the open and tell us all just why they felt this great injustice just HAD to be "corrected". And even more important, exactly how their actions were meant to better the situation for all concerned.

It was not someone from inside the GP system. The timing of this action might indicate something, don't you think?

Bottom line is, this post thread is meant to challenge the party that did this to step up and out into the open with their reasons for wanting to see these kids seperated from their coach.

I have little doubt the guilty party will hear of this thread.

I am going to take a wild guess and say it was someone from Pigeon Forge. :popcorneater:

Guessing would not be necessary IF the responsible party would have the dignity to step out into the open and explain themselves for all to see.

Considering the scuz nature of the act, I won't be holding my breath, but I am more than willing to have the person(s) responsible prove me wrong in any way.