Karns offseason

thekid52

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KARNS HAS A FOOTBALL TEAM? :roflol:

I've heard that a few misguided boosters have stepped out clamoring loudly for the football uniforms to return to using the traditional Karns "yellow/gold". I just checked the internet for Karns baseball, basketball, track, volleyball and I can't find ANYONE who still uses yellow/gold. Anyone know anything about this situation? Doesn't this team have better things to worry about? If this turmoil is actually true, who's running the Football Booster Club this year? Are they dealing with this seemingly ridiculous issue?

Yes Karns has a football team. Might even win 5 or 6 this time around. That is if they don't have to worry abut meddling boosters. :roflolk:

I've heard that a few misguided boosters have stepped out clamoring loudly for the football uniforms to return to using the traditional Karns "yellow/gold". I just checked the internet for Karns baseball, basketball, track, volleyball and I can't find ANYONE who still uses yellow/gold. Anyone know anything about this situation? Doesn't this team have better things to worry about? If this turmoil is actually true, who's running the Football Booster Club this year? Are they dealing with this seemingly ridiculous issue?

Yes Karns has a football team. Might even win 5 or 6 this time around. That is if they don't have to worry abut meddling boosters. :roflolk:

The fact is that some boosters have raised questions but, again you question only part of the issue, I was told that they meet with the new Admin to discuss allot of issues not just the uniforms, I think that anyone that as spoken to players after the Mo West 7 on 7 can kinda of figure out the topics, yes for sure this team as the talent to win 5 or 6 but not the coaching, from the talk at the community fair Saturday Mrs. Sands has been dealing with boosters, parents of present and past players and yes the uniform topic, I agree who gives two thoughts to the uniform issue when you have issues that are much more serious then that, was glad to here that the boosters finally got some balls to voice the concerns they have, hopefully the beginning of the end of one of the worst coaching staffs ever...

The fact is that some boosters have raised questions but, again you question only part of the issue, I was told that they meet with the new Admin to discuss allot of issues not just the uniforms, I think that anyone that as spoken to players after the Mo West 7 on 7 can kinda of figure out the topics, yes for sure this team as the talent to win 5 or 6 but not the coaching, from the talk at the community fair Saturday Mrs. Sands has been dealing with boosters, parents of present and past players and yes the uniform topic, I agree who gives two thoughts to the uniform issue when you have issues that are much more serious then that, was glad to here that the boosters finally got some balls to voice the concerns they have, hopefully the beginning of the end of one of the worst coaching staffs ever...

Baller,

As soon as I heard the comment about the uniforms I was almost sure the "real Karns" people (a term I believe Go Karns used) were involved. I suspected that trouble was brewing when the new Booster Club officers were announced but I can see that it will probably be much worse than anyone can imagine. My favorite player is gone and it's not that much of a deal to me, but it saddens me that you and your minions will never stop until you've either driven Coach Reeves mad, caused him to leave town, or both. What would probably give you and your all knowing friends what you deserve would be if the whole staff suddenly walked out the day before the season opener. But they won't because they care a lot about the kids, even if they have to endure people like you and your posse. I think it's a really sorry situation which will most likely get even sorrier. I also know some people who've been talking to Mrs. Sands. I'm going to try to get a bead on how much she's drank the "Karns good-ole-boy" kool aid, then speak with her myself. What a shame. Please tell your Booster officer friends that they may be able to hold back the money they control, but once people realize what's actually going on, I believe a new 501c3 could be set up for donations to be given directly to the Coach therefore totally avoiding the Booster Club.

Baller,

As soon as I heard the comment about the uniforms I was almost sure the "real Karns" people (a term I believe Go Karns used) were involved. I suspected that trouble was brewing when the new Booster Club officers were announced but I can see that it will probably be much worse than anyone can imagine. My favorite player is gone and it's not that much of a deal to me, but it saddens me that you and your minions will never stop until you've either driven Coach Reeves mad, caused him to leave town, or both. What would probably give you and your all knowing friends what you deserve would be if the whole staff suddenly walked out the day before the season opener. But they won't because they care a lot about the kids, even if they have to endure people like you and your posse. I think it's a really sorry situation which will most likely get even sorrier. I also know some people who've been talking to Mrs. Sands. I'm going to try to get a bead on how much she's drank the "Karns good-ole-boy" kool aid, then speak with her myself. What a shame. Please tell your Booster officer friends that they may be able to hold back the money they control, but once people realize what's actually going on, I believe a new 501c3 could be set up for donations to be given directly to the Coach therefore totally avoiding the Booster Club.

WOW, BigTuna I don't have to drive the HC crazy he is already that, you must be on something if you trully believe this is the best we can do in Karns, you say you knew when the boosters were elected that trouble was brewing I for one am glad that there is folks that actually care about the kids being talked to as if they are stupid and being lied to and also being coached in so many directions over the last few years, if this team of young men had a coaching staff that cared for the players has much as they do thier own egos they could probably win 5 to 7 games as it stands this staff will not get past thier 3rd season greatness of 3-7, Bigtuna you keep drinking the cool aid and buying your own BS because I sure don't see many others posting in support of you and your crusade for Mr. Reeves and his blundering sidekicks, new admin will be smart enough to make the right choices when the time comes, and if the HC would lve upto the commitment he made in his interview to leave after 2 seasons if KHS FB was not at 500 then maybe just maybe these kids could at least enjoy playing the game.

Check all the records...The colors are Royal Blue and Gold...Not Blue and White or Blue and Black...Karns has not had a winning season in over 30...Yes 30!!! years...Find another team with that long of a losing streak in the entire state. The problems are DEEP seeded and there are multiple reasons Karns struggles in football..However, Karns IS capable of winning and traditionally the community rallies in other sports to support the team..Even when Karns football is mediocre good crowds attend games. OK..How to fix Karns Football.

1. The current coaching staff has to go..To much baggage and no real results.

2. An administrator(preferably the principal) must have a plan..Leadership starts at the top and the person or the "champion" of the renewed revival must be within the school.

3. The principal must hire a charismatic young yet experienced coach who wants an opportunity and who has some emotional attachment to Karns.

4. The Principal must rally the boosters and recruit more of the business owners who live in the community to help revive Karns..Some of the these boosters have given ALOT to Grace Christian Academy in recent years..

5. The New coaching staff must work together(one man can't do it alone) to revive Karns ONCE DOMINANT youth teams and stop letting all the talent that is zoned for Karns transfer to other public schools or play for Webb, Catholic or Grace.

6. Make Football "popular" within the student body again.. Use unique approaches to lure the many potential athletes to play. Karns has historically had many many good athletes refuse to play football.

I could keep going but that is a start

Check all the records...The colors are Royal Blue and Gold...Not Blue and White or Blue and Black...Karns has not had a winning season in over 30...Yes 30!!! years...Find another team with that long of a losing streak in the entire state. The problems are DEEP seeded and there are multiple reasons Karns struggles in football..However, Karns IS capable of winning and traditionally the community rallies in other sports to support the team..Even when Karns football is mediocre good crowds attend games. OK..How to fix Karns Football.

1. The current coaching staff has to go..To much baggage and no real results.

2. An administrator(preferably the principal) must have a plan..Leadership starts at the top and the person or the "champion" of the renewed revival must be within the school.

3. The principal must hire a charismatic young yet experienced coach who wants an opportunity and who has some emotional attachment to Karns.

4. The Principal must rally the boosters and recruit more of the business owners who live in the community to help revive Karns..Some of the these boosters have given ALOT to Grace Christian Academy in recent years..

5. The New coaching staff must work together(one man can't do it alone) to revive Karns ONCE DOMINANT youth teams and stop letting all the talent that is zoned for Karns transfer to other public schools or play for Webb, Catholic or Grace.

6. Make Football "popular" within the student body again.. Use unique approaches to lure the many potential athletes to play. Karns has historically had many many good athletes refuse to play football.

I could keep going but that is a start

WOW, the new admin didn't take long for them to see that changes are needed, maybe some facts toall the post.

WOW, the new admin didn't take long for them to see that changes are needed, maybe some facts toall the post.

Before a feeding frenzy begins we should all remember:

HC is a person just like you and I.

HC has a wife just like you and I.

HC has a house just like you and I - more than likely he needs a job to pay for it.

HC doesn't have a family yet; he'd probably like to settle down & start one.

HC & loved ones may read CoachT. How would venomous tirades about you make you feel?

Webster Dictionary:

"Boost" - to speak in favor of; to raise by pushing up from behind or below

"Booster" - one who boosts; an ardent supporter

"Booster Club" - a group of boosters banded together to support a common cause

Matthew 5:7 - "Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy." From time to time we all need some so we probably all need to think about giving some.

Before a feeding frenzy begins we should all remember:

HC is a person just like you and I.

HC has a wife just like you and I.

HC has a house just like you and I - more than likely he needs a job to pay for it.

HC doesn't have a family yet; he'd probably like to settle down & start one.

HC & loved ones may read CoachT. How would venomous tirades about you make you feel?

Webster Dictionary:

"Boost" - to speak in favor of; to raise by pushing up from behind or below

"Booster" - one who boosts; an ardent supporter

"Booster Club" - a group of boosters banded together to support a common cause

Matthew 5:7 - "Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy." From time to time we all need some so we probably all need to think about giving some.

Bigtuna you are correct HC has all the same things and issues as we all do, A man has to deal with what ever type of grief they are given on a daily basis, yes many of us would not want to be in that spot light and open our lives to being watched by all fans and not fans of the actions we may take on a daily basis. I still think you miss the point, yes I am for sure not a fan of the HC, he as allowed alot of things go on that should never be an issue, I see you like to quote scripture, I think you would be suprised to learn that the HC has some coaches on his staff that will openlly tell you they don't believe in praying or the things that praying is related to, its great you feel so strong about the HC but, if the HC has done such a great job and treated the job for what it is he probably would not be on leave, just a point, so lets get the issues resolved and support the real people affected by all this the players...