Karns offseason

thekid52

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is way too much negativity. It takes time to build a program. You have establish a youth league program, a weight program, develop coaches and players, and you must work with parents and administrators. It seems to me that no one man can fix the problem. It is a team effort and I am sure all interested parties will acknowledge that. Also don't forget Karns is just two years removed from losing over 800 plus students to Hardin Valley, and they have still managed to be competitive in most of there games. Be positive and supportive. That is what the Karns program needs!

O.K. positive, I am positive that the coaches that are here tells us the players that we are terrible the worst players in the state, they talk about how they where successful at this school at that school, instead of you talking about what you only see why dont you ask the players, all of them, you see i see alot of post about being negative well it starts right in that locker room with the coaches so get the facts, also we where told from the head man that there was only ONE player we lost to HVA that he cared about the rest were terrible and would not help us then we turn right around and say oh we lost these kids to HVA THAT IS FACT, we were also told to HATE those guys because they were traders going to another school, you see alot of you people that want to preach about building a program need to KNOW the facts and quit buying the BS, the facts are the positive stuff starts with our coaches we need coaches that are happy to have who ever they have and quit making excuses about HVA or we should run this O or we should run that O because we DONT HAVE, I wonder what the HC will do now that he doesnt have Mr. Davis or the AD to protect him, because another leader would have made changes long ago just on the complaints they have had on them, but you see Davis didnt care about the truth. I for one support my team mates old and new I will always be a beaver and want to see us achieve better for us the students....

There is way too much negativity. It takes time to build a program. You have establish a youth league program, a weight program, develop coaches and players, and you must work with parents and administrators. It seems to me that no one man can fix the problem. It is a team effort and I am sure all interested parties will acknowledge that. Also don't forget Karns is just two years removed from losing over 800 plus students to Hardin Valley, and they have still managed to be competitive in most of there games. Be positive and supportive. That is what the Karns program needs!

Does your qb come back or did he graduate?

Another good statement about a positive approach. It seems to me that GoKarns (or Go Cody or Go Dustin or whoever) not only has issues with English but is also having a lot of trouble forgetting about supposed mistreatment during his playing years. In my experience these trials can either make you bitter or better. Go Karns, I hope you don't let this anti-Reeves hatred cloud your whole life. I do know there was some ugliness during Reeves' 1st year, but my favorite player endured all that as well and he doesn't seem scarred for life. In fact he intends to use those lessons to help him in the future. When recently asked how he would respond in a particular life situation his response was "Heck, I'm used to being yelled at by people who don't know what they're talking about". After watching the program pretty closely for the entire Reeves' tenure, I agree that limited talent continues to be the main factor for the Beavers. Name an outstanding running back Karns has had over the past 3 years. How about aggressive defensive players who were sure tacklers? How about a top notch clutch kicker? You may have been a decent player Go Karns, but from the playing dates you've given you must have been part of that porous defense that specialized in giving up the game losing touchdown late in the fourth quarter. I agree with whoever said we should accentuate the positive and keep most of the negative off this thread. There were quite a few Karns starters missing against Cumberland County - Thomas Dixon, Chuckie Manning, Chris Calhoun, Curtis Dameron, and others. But that excuse won't hold up in September. The offense has been changed to fit the available players - QB Kyle Boden isn't there to throw the ball any more and no one else has demonstrated they can do so well. Let's get behind this team and Go Karns in 2010!

Hey big Tuna alleged, let me tell you something just call me a liar if you want but, I played for these aholes and your missing the point, I dont give a crap about Reeves he is about as good as an excuse for a coach at KHS as you can expect, I mean why would we want anything better? you see I know what goes on because I still talk to players everyday, I see them at the pool at Gattis and they talk but, you see call it however you want , I know for a fact that the dixon kid was kicked off the team for some serious reasons and that most all the incoming seniors DID NOT want him back, as far as who was missing for the spring , guess what I am sure CCHS didn't have all there kids either and as far as my english skills I AM A KARNS PRODUCT, the best thing going is we have new leadership that hopefully cares more about what our sports programs are being taught and the results that we have rather then just accepting what we have.. The only thing that I am negative about is the coaching staff I wish nothing but the best for my boys on the team, oh ya Big tuna we still went 3-7 last year with an overall record of 6 an 24 under this great coaching staff, you for sure are a joke just like the guys you think are doing such a good job....

Well Ogg, Gentry, Heyns and the rest of the good ole boys really need to think about the fact that they'll probably never win without guys like Dixon, Harris, Carter, etc. From what I saw last year Dixon's one of the most consistent tacklers on the team and also not afraid to come up and play the run or swing pass. Let's get positive this year and see if we can win a few more games. Can either of those quarterbacks throw the ball decently? Is Chuckie Manning really gonna move to running back? Unless you and your posse are going to try another petition with the new principal, why don't you just get a little more positive and see what happens! Those guys (see above) down at Gatti's need to be thinking about how to play better, not how to hate more. There just aren't enough players to spend time fussing with each other. Even your ole' buddy Coach Reeves is smart enough to know that! Who's the new AD?

Big Tuna here is something positive, I for one hope that the new admin cares about the whole school the programs all the sports and actually cares about the efforts by the teams to get ready to play, as for our petition the only reason there was no merit to it was that Davis and the AD keep Reeves and his tribe in by not admitting the facts, you see again because a kid is a good tackler and will come and get the swing pass you fail to look over the fact that this kid told a coach to basically f himself and from what the boys say even put his hands on the coach wasnt there but, my boys tell me they dont want him around but you on the other hand are so up for having outstanding players like him, positive will be if the new admin comes in and listens to the folks that will be seeing her and yes they are already reaching out, and she realizes that she needs MEN running her FB program not a liar that lies about everything or other coaches that tell us how great they where in Calif or at Sunbright or at william blount or in Ga or how terrible we are, I am all for my teamto win and do good just wish they had someone that believed in them not someone that lies to them. You see you go to the games and be all about what you see there and we hang with the players at Applebeess and parties the lake and I can assure you most of them fell the same way but, they want to play so the choice is dont play or play for these guys... Great choice....

Okay. I tried to translate, but it still doesn't make much sense.

Big Tuna, here is something positive. I, for one, hope that the new admin. cares about the whole school (the programs and all the sports) and actually cares about the efforts by the teams to get ready to play. As for our petition, the only reason there was no merit to it was that Davis and the AD kept Reeves and his tribe in (their jobs?) by not admitting the facts. You see, again, because a kid is a good tackler and will come and get the swing pass. You fail to look over the fact that this kid told a coach to basically F himself and, from what the boys say, even put his hands on the coach. I wasn’t there, but my boys tell me they don’t want him around. But, you, on the other hand, are so up for having outstanding players like him. A positive will be if the new admin comes in and listens to the folks that will be seeing her, and yes, they are already reaching out, and she realizes that she needs MEN running her FB program not a liar that lies about everything or other coaches that tell us how great they were in Calif. or at Sunbright or at william blount or in Ga or how terrible we are (whew!). I am all for my team to win and do well. I just wish they had someone who believed in them, not someone that lies to them. You see. You go to the games and be all about what you see there and we hang with the players at Applebees and parties at the lake, and I can assure you most of them feel the same way but, they want to play. So, the choice is don’t play or play for these guys... Great choice....

What the Karns football team needs is leadership. Kyle is gone. Frazier is gone. T Bone is gone. Who's gonna step up? Good leaders realize the primary goal (as many victories as possible) and then press toward the goal with everything they've got, always keeping the primary goal in mind and minimizing the non-essential issues that tend to be a distraction. GoKarns, I don’t know if "your boys" have what it takes to lead or not, but if so they need to start now. It seems like one fact everyone should realize is that the rednecks need the guys from the North West 'hood and vice versa. Regardless of their relationship off the field, good teams pull together as one unit once they strap on the pads and cross that white line. I'm sure I don't know nearly as much about sports as you and your friends, but my senior year my high school team was undefeated. One of my high school summer league teams finished 3rd in the state. Although the coach of that team was a nice man he wasn’t much of a coach. But we had enough good players and the determination to win regardless of the coach. I then played on scholarship at the college level at ETSU. We never had a great record, but it was definitely more of a player talent issue than a lack of coaching. If you really want the team to have the best chance to do well, perhaps you need to quit this continual (multi-year) whining about your own bad experience and challenge your friends to focus on winning! If everyone continues to focus on the past like you seem to do, it might be another very long season. But if the main mission becomes winning, who knows what might happen! :roflol:

I’d really rather talk football than all this high school drama. You never answered the questions from my last post. Who’s gonna play quarterback? Is Chucky Manning going to be morphed into a running back? I’ve heard the numbers are down – how many players are practicing? Who’s the new Karns AD?

Bigtuna your right being positive should be our maain goal, you see I started on the FB team Baseball team and still want my old school to do well, its not just me its just I am th eonly guy from the old team that actually cares the other guys say the same thing I do but they dont care if we ever get better, in their words we are out of there who cares, well I do, why because you do become friends with other players you do get a sense of team, you can think I am the only one that has anything to say but you are 100% wrong its just allot of guys dont care enough to say anything, drama or what ever you want to call it our school deserves better, the numbers are down because guys dont want to play for these guys, QB will probably be Winningam, as far as your other questions, AD they could hire a anyone and still do better then we had. Karns has not had a winning season in a long long time, many coaches have came and gone the best coach we had was run out to hire these guys, Its a big problem when two of the senior classes that they have had wont even go to games hardly because they dont want to see those guys doing the same thing that they done when we were there, positive I will be positive that we need a new coaching staff that can lead us NOT disrepect us because of our history or our record. From day one we were told that the staff before us was to blame because they had no weight program, funny thing was our program was allot tougher then it was my last two years and we had way less equipment, we were told how great they are then go somewhere else and be great, Bigtuna I will be positive for change and like my dad says if more of the parents had a backbone they would step up in say what they say behind the coaches backs but their scared that it might hurt their players playing time....

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the drama never ends so thought I would add 2cents worth, my nephew will play at Karns this year if he doesn't quit, according to his dad he says that the coaching staff lies about everything, one day its this way the next its something different. He also says that they had a player that got in a coaches face even touched the coach was kicked off and then allowed back on the team, while other guys miss NON-MANDATORY work outs and are kicked off the team, don't have a clue who any of you guys are but, I can tell from someone that has close ties to whats going on ove there that I for one hope the kids get a better situation soon. Be positive and support the kids because they are the ones in the spot light for the most part coaches ride the shirt tails of kids success, not saying the kids could do it without the coaches its just it takes good from both sides. Us here in the valley that did not have to make the move are sure glad we did and we will see this season if we can get the win like we did in basball...