Karns offseason

thekid52

I'm already missing football season bad.

Who's got the inside track for the QB position at Karns?

Do they have anyone who can throw the ball nearly as well as Boden?

Are they really going to the Wing T?

Who's projected to be the running backs in this offense?

What the heck is the Tony Franklin System?

Is this a conditioning program?

A specific mental approach to the game?

Is this the same guy who didn't do so well back at Auburn some years ago?

What's the supposed advantage of implementing this system?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigtuna, let me say this as clear as possible, it is not the KHS players that we have a problem with its coaches that are so bad in the way they do things and the way they treat players its not fair to us the whole community, PLEASE LISTEN I PLAYED FOR THIS STAFF 2 YEARS STARTED MY SR. YEAR so being upset bout playing time is not a factor, u have coaches over there giving some kids privilages that others don't get, further we have submitted our list to the school super and they have taken it under review, we will not stop until this staff is replaced.

Oh bout the HVA win u explain a real example bout KHS beating a program that is in its first year and its big whats big is get a team that guys want to play for funny thing is the guys on the team now talk about the same issues we had when I was there coaches saying an telling you how great they where somewhere else coaching many things that they are going to do and the lack of being held accountable for things infact allot of the soph class bragged all season how they could say and do what ever an never be held accountable.

WOW, those are two impressive sentences! 109 words in the first and 109 in the second! Have you been studying James Joyce's novel Ulysses? You've certainly nailed Joyce's stream of consciousness technique, although you don't quite capture his sense of style!

I have nothin to do with karns football but it seems like their is always something going on with you guys. Personally karns has never been good and it seems like the expectations are way to high for the program. You guys have competed and have shown improvement but everytime you guys get a coach it seems like he is ran off. Maybe the realization is that there has been no talent and everybody knows that. Atleast this new coach has you guys competing and strides have been made. Just takes someone that knows the game to realize that!

• 1 month later...

So does ANYONE want to talk about Karns football?

I'm not sure but I believe Head Coach Reeves is running the offensive show himself these days. I guess Coach must be ditching the spread because he no longer has a QB who can run it? Didn't someone post that he's going to the Wing T. Webb has done well with this offense but - thanks to the private school scholarship program - they've also had the running back(s) to make it go. The Karns sophomore back had a good last year for a young, smaller guy, but I don't see him growing into a power runner before this September comes. So who's going to run the ball for these Wing T Beavers? The Chuckster? :o

well to run that type of offense you need to have atleast 3 to 5 good backs and maybe a qb that can run alright. Not sure if you guys do but for the coach to change from spread to wing t he must have the backs to do so. Not a fan of the offense but it does grind the game out and if you are able to throw at all out of that offense then it could give teams fit. Wonder if the coaching staff has ever coached a wing t offense?

• 3 weeks later...

Real simple when you only have a couple guys who believe in the way rhings are done there not enough guys to post, three offenses in four seasons maybe AD and princl will allow reeves to hang ariound until they fiqure out dont matter the O we run matters who is directing it, what a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember when the players was sold on Tony Franklin O going to make us 8 an 2 oh ya we where 1 an 9 great job coaches, hey Ted Russell is hiring maybe you guys could sell cars, CAUSE U CANT COACH

Look if Im correct Karns has not had a winning season in like 20 or 30 something years! There has been alot of coaches in that time and it cannot be all coaching. You have to have players to win and Karns just dont. And the ones that complain bout the coaching are the ones that thought they were players and want to find someone else to blame. Coaching is overrated the players are the ones that have to make plays so all it basically comes down to is the writing on the wall not a winning season in 20 TO 30 SOMETHING YEARS. THATS ALOT OF COACHES TO BLAME

Hey 1010, for your info I was a two year starter I wish I would have played when we had a team that went 5-5 and 4-6, so your thought of someone making excuses is out the window, I started and played every game for two years and ya I will blame the coaching cause I heard the BS they shouted everyday at practice every friday night, I agree players have to step up and get the job done but thats alot easier when you actually have coaches that know what they are doing,, you know its simple we have had 3 different offenses in 4 seasons you can try to blame the players but when you change every year to something new its diffcult to go against teams that have done it one way for years, I hope the team does well for my boys but chances are they will struggle and it will be the excuse "we put in a new O" we will get it next year

being a 2 yr starter means nothing and really that nothing to brag about. Karns needs to realize that there 2 yr starters dont match up to other players opponents and the last 30 yrs can tell you that. Just be happy that you guys are competing and atleast you guys beat powell and HV