IMAC Softball

Mobuck162

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one I saw was a Blonde young lady and i dont recall seeing her last year at the eastman, wow what a back up.

Scooby you are refering to Mallory Black and she pitched against your Unicoi team at the Eastman last year losing 3 to 2 in the semi's. Thunder360 give us a scouting report on Seymour!

All in due time MOBUCK. Not nearly as good as you make the Eagles out, so I jump on the band-wagon too. I believe one senior lost from a .500 team last year. Heavy sophomore load sure to be in this group.

Whaley is SO pitcher, but not ready for the IMAC assault. Real good freshman pitcher coming in - but as many teams with good pitching - difficult to score runs. I think you will find Seymour similar to South Doyle. Not sure that either are in the top of IMAC.

Certainly not the depth of East High.

How about your Chiefs Mobuck. They know the problem of good pitching and difficulty in scoring, but of course, no Gilbert at Seymour.

Who are the new coaches bringing energy to East?

Is Wilmoth the other girl that pitched in World Series with Black?

I say beware of Jefferson, but I think East is class by itself; however, they have been known to drop some they shouldn't. Should be exciting year.

Ok everyone i have took a look at Seymour and they did not do too bad last year with just a freshman pitcher(Whaley).This year they have 3 pitchers Graham,Whaley and Lewis with a very good Senior catcher Huelsman and the rest are a solid defense. They struggled a little with there bats but i think they are going to be a team to really watch.

Sports Fan 67 - thanks for the info on seymour, I have heard good things about their catcher and watched the freshman pitcher (Lewis?) pitch last summer in travel ball she is very impressive. If she is on the mound they may only need 1 or 2 runs to win. Thunder 360 - cant say that I disagree with you on Jefferson finishing 2nd but I believe Seymour has a better supporting cast and their freshman pitcher has the makings of something special. Wilmoth probably was to old to have been on the world series team with Black but not really sure. Now to the scouting report on Cherokee we are young. Lawson is a very promising freshman pitcher, Price is a sophmore that will pitch some and play 3rd, Taylor will pitch and play 1st, Steele will be our catcher if she can overcome an early injury. Lawson is not going to strike lots of people out, which is fine cause she will probably get alot of ground balls, more balls put in play will put pressure on our defense and I think that will be a weakness. Davis will be solid at short but after that it will be a coin flip. Go Chiefs!

MOBUCK - King is the girl I was trying to think of. How good is your pitching when you have 3 pitchers from Little League World Series and none of them start - how crazy is that.

I've seen King, Black, and catcher (I think Emily) in travel - Those three know how to swing a bat. The Horner girl signed with ETSU - she is a great hitter as well.

I have about decided that the number 2 East team could probably finish second - hahaha.

Eagles going to have to eat their Wheaties - as will everyone else in IMAC. Let's get this dang thing started.

MOBUCK - so your Freshman pitcher sounds interesting. Chiefs maybe better than you let own. Sandbagging - I'm watching you.

You all are going to be in for a rude awakening!!!!! Sure Gilbert was great, but if I recall, Cherokee did very well last year at Eastman WITHOUT Gilbert and several other regular starters!!!! They also played very well and won several other games WITHOUT Gilbert!!! Cherokee will be the dark horse of the IMAC!! Anyone care to wager?????? I am saying they will be in the top 3.

Mobuck - you guys are holding out. Bluelady suzie says dark horse for 3rd. I'd say the name of that horse is BLACKIE. What you wagering bluelady?

Dropped in on Powell playday - very interesting. South Doyle looks solid as I expected.

East and West going 3-1. Hmmmmmmmmmmm............

Good performance, but not enough to scare the Eagles. I guess you guys still got girls in hoops.

Let me know about Blackie -- Bluelady