IMAC Softball

Mobuck162

Blue Lady Suzie - Give me the names of the teams that Cherokee beat without Gilbert last year at the Eastman Tournament and how many of them made the round of 16. Thunder 360 - West actually went 4 and 1 they picked up an extra game and the 5 teams they played had a combined record of 28 and 67 last year, East went 3 and 1 against teams with a combined record of 79 and 51 last year hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Not sure what you are trying to say with the hmmmmmmmmmm? Is the previous year's record of your opponents in a preseason play day relevant somehow? If I had to guess, I would think that East had no more than 2 starters present (Horner & Wilmoth) and the one game that West lost, they played 4 freshmen. Pretty tough to get a handle on things based on a preseason play-day. Should be an interesting year - East has to be the pre-season favorite and I think you're looking at an all-out brawl for second with several teams in the mix. I also know that things don't always play out the way they are "pre-destined". Last year was certainly one of those times. In the pre-season, everyone on here pretty much agreed that Cherokee was the team to beat and they were, but strange things happened and East won the District 2 tournament over West and then West (who happened to finish 4th in the district during regular season) knocked off East for the Region 1 title. That's why we line up & play 'em. It should be fun - it usually is in the IMAC. Welcome to all the newcomers - see you at the ball park. Let's play ball!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening day and no Cherokee, Jefferson, or my screaming Eagles - I guess we save the best for last.

Cocke County at East - I like East as I will most of the year. Runs may be a premium early in season but East pitcher just too good for them.

South Doyle at West - I really like South Doyle in this one, but then again, I'm used to seeing them play. I saw West in play day and they have many holes; however, they can sneak up on you - which is what happens early in season - so, I'll take West.

Now let's get this party started. GO IMAC

What's up IMAC - you guys don't make predictions. I read your old post from last year and my big question is where is all the shinanigans. I guess where are all those old posters - I guess their players graduated.

No guts - no glory.

I wonder how long it will take before I get tired of reading my own post. My wife says no one listens to me anyway - so I guess some things never changed. At my age - who cares about bored old papaw.

By the way - I'm 2-0. Bask in my glory and soon to feel the wrath of my screaming Eagles.

:thumb: What can I say? The season has started, although it not be the prettiest of starting days. I do believe that Morristown East is---how should I say it? "Rock solid" It can be the start of a beautiful season. The seasoned athletes are providing the necessary talents and guidance and the "youngsters" are providing some solid hitting. There were at least 5 hits that were just shy of the fence for East. Those cars that park just beyond the fence better be checking their insurance policies for "dents" caused by flying softball debris. Go, East! :lol:

Quiet observer - sounds like you guys were taking batting practice. Good win.

My Eagles finally get to mix it up in the IMAC but taking on an old foe in South Doyle. I'm not feeling IMACed up yet, but I'm sure I will in time. We are still having trouble scoring runs, but hopefully we won't be throwing batting practice in the IMAC.

Sevier travels to East for IMAC opener. I guess they need to keep the bus running. East just too much offense right now.

Looks like everyone has opened with the exception of Jefferson and Cherokee. You guys can't hide forever or maybe you can. Has anyone seen MOBUCK. Be scared my friend - these are dangerous days even for my screaming Eagles - but at least we got pitching.

Beginning to wonder if cherokee is ever going to get on the field for real, all this practicing is getting old we are ready for some games. Morristown West Fan blah blah blah, when all is said and done there is usually more said than done. Thunder360 the screaming Eagles run production seems to be grounded, do you all have holes in your bats?

Beginning to wonder if cherokee is ever going to get on the field for real, all this practicing is getting old we are ready for some games. Morristown West Fan blah blah blah, when all is said and done there is usually more said than done. Thunder360 the screaming Eagles run production seems to be grounded, do you all have holes in your bats?

that's deep buckhead

that's deep buckhead

Long season for my Eagles if we can't learn to hit soon. We are pitiful, but its early.

West fan, can't worry about Bucky as he may find out that he is the biggest loser. Its easy to crow when you never take the field.

PS Blah Blah Blah

Hey guys new to the IMAC board, dont know much about any of the teams yet, but im sure I will learn. Havent kept up with who all has played yet, but happen to know Jeff County has hit the field atleast once that I know of, cause it was in the paper that they have played pigeon forge, i think thats who it was. Good Luck to everyone!

Well the season has not started like the eagles would have liked it too but the season has just begun.It seems like there will be trouble in the eagles nest if some of the players attitudes don't change.They seem to have a team to go a long way if everyone will get on the same page and that page is that you give a 100% every play no exceptions!!!! We will see next week when they face a couple good teams if they can pull it together if not it will be a very long season for the eagles.

Well my Lady Canes look to be the cream of the crop, at least early in this young season, in the IMAC so far. Jefferson County is the only team in the conference that could pose some problems that I see. Wilmoth and Hensley have been monsters at the plate so far, when Horner finds her goove and the rest of the young girls get a little more experience we will be a tough game for anyone. Wilmoth has to be one of the best pitchers around if not in the entire state. I think we have a team that can go to state when our coaching staff decides to work more on the small parts of the game that makes you better. I have yet to see our outfielders move to back up throws to first or potential throws to a base when runners are on. They need to back each other up on balls hit to the outfield also. Hensley has a strong enough arm to be a game changer when we decide to quit being afraid to let her throw to bases when runners are on. I'm still not sure if we have any bunt coverages in place or not. Our base running is terrible, we keep substituting speed for smarts. We are taking smart base runners out and putting speed in and i agree with doing that but we have to make our base runners smarter. These are things that I have noticed that will make us a legitimate state contender when we start working on them. These things won't show up in the easy wins but when we go deep into the post season they are things that will eventually bite us in the butt and cost us. I'm afraid that sub-state is as far as we can go until we get better at these basic fundamentals. All of these girls already know these things they just have to be reminded and refreshed in their heads in practice. They have all played travel ball and want to play the game like it is supposed to be played and now is the time to be working on it so we will be ready come post season. I love our coaching staff, they teach most of the game well,these are just a few things that I feel we need to work on to get to the next level. Any other thoughts or comments on this will be greatly appreciated! Go Lady Canes!!!

Well my Lady Canes look to be the cream of the crop, at least early in this young season, in the IMAC so far. Jefferson County is the only team in the conference that could pose some problems that I see. Wilmoth and Hensley have been monsters at the plate so far, when Horner finds her goove and the rest of the young girls get a little more experience we will be a tough game for anyone. Wilmoth has to be one of the best pitchers around if not in the entire state. I think we have a team that can go to state when our coaching staff decides to work more on the small parts of the game that makes you better. I have yet to see our outfielders move to back up throws to first or potential throws to a base when runners are on. They need to back each other up on balls hit to the outfield also. Hensley has a strong enough arm to be a game changer when we decide to quit being afraid to let her throw to bases when runners are on. I'm still not sure if we have any bunt coverages in place or not. Our base running is terrible, we keep substituting speed for smarts. We are taking smart base runners out and putting speed in and i agree with doing that but we have to make our base runners smarter. These are things that I have noticed that will make us a legitimate state contender when we start working on them. These things won't show up in the easy wins but when we go deep into the post season they are things that will eventually bite us in the butt and cost us. I'm afraid that sub-state is as far as we can go until we get better at these basic fundamentals. All of these girls already know these things they just have to be reminded and refreshed in their heads in practice. They have all played travel ball and want to play the game like it is supposed to be played and now is the time to be working on it so we will be ready come post season. I love our coaching staff, they teach most of the game well,these are just a few things that I feel we need to work on to get to the next level. Any other thoughts or comments on this will be greatly appreciated! Go Lady Canes!!!

Good gosh Stormy22 - I don't know whether to laugh or throw up. You been in hiding for a few weeks, but that great start with wins over those tradional East TN powers of Cocke, Sevier, and North Greene has got you fired up.

Did you say Wilmoth is best pitcher in entire state? I mean she is a quality flinger, but come on now. Of course, the way the IMAC is hitting, it may be awhile before she finds out.

So you are saying that you girls learned all the fundamentals during travel ball (base running, backing up throws, etc), but suddenly forgot when they got to high school - you cracking me up friend.

You are afraid that sub-state is as far as you can go - you guys sure have raised the level of expectation in Morristown.

Don't take me too serious Stormy - we are a bit down after a much sluggish start. Apparently, we have much more to work on than you - but we are capable.

Anyway - thanks for all the laughs Stormy. I hope you get your coaches trained.