Disrtict 11A

Braves10

i taking cville by 7 oh and willie i came and watched post 19 some this summer some good talent out there how ya'll lookin this year

Thanks for your interest in Post 19 baseball! The Jr and Sr team both look to be stronger this year! It should be a great summer of baseball. The Jr team has picked up several good bats and pitchers. The pitching staff should be a lot better from top to bottom. Laster, Ring, Huddleston, Ray, Pratt and a few others will anchor the staff and will be weekend tournament pitchers to start off. A couple of big bats return in Staggs, Ammons, and Pippenger. A couple big bats have been and will be added. Several players on the Jr team should have an opportunity to play at the next level. We are hoping to get them some looks. The Sr team is absolutely loaded with talent. Many of the players have signed or will sign soon at the next level. The Sr team will bring one of the best pitching staffs (Spann, Horne, Workman, Pitts, Walton, etc) and 1 thru 9 hitting line up (Brochu, Bigler, Bosheers, Roberts, Keeton, Armstrong, Ray, Horne, etc) to the ball park than anyone around. The OF will be super fast with great arms. INF has players with great hands and strong arms.

The talent is there for both teams to be successful! It all comes down to the players and how bad they want to win and how good they want to be!

Sounds like it's going to be a good summer for post 19 baseball! I noticed you listed Workman as one of the pitchers. Any word on how his arm is holding up?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cully sweeps SF earlier in the week and get a big win tonight over MTP 6-2. With a split next week vs cornersville and a little help suddenly they are looking at a #2 or #3 seed in the tournament. They seem to be clicking at the right time.

Nice win for Cully! Who threw for both teams?

So what are the current standings? Is the below correct? Where is the district tournament?

Cornersville 9-1

MTP 8-2

CA 8-2

Cully 6-4

Richland 5-7

Santa Fe 0-10

Hampshire 0-10

Next Week

Cornersville vs Cully

MTP vs CA

Santa Fe Hampshire

Richland off

How ya figure? If you split with Cornersville then yal will have 5 district losses. If Ca or Mt. Pleasant sweeps then the losing team will only have 4 losses. Best yal can do is a 4 seed with a split with Cornersville. Good luck buddy :thumb:

My bad you are right. Cully would need a sweep and a CA sweep for a #3 seed.

Upshaw beat Hall on Monday.

Albright beat Staggs on Tuesday, Greene closed.

Morrow beat #10 (tall lefty) from MTP today, Upshaw closed.

How ya figure? If you split with Cornersville then yal will have 5 district losses. If Ca or Mt. Pleasant sweeps then the losing team will only have 4 losses. Best yal can do is a 4 seed with a split with Cornersville. Good luck buddy :thumb:

It may just be me but i DO NOT think that Culleoka can sweep Cornersville yet along split with them. I think Cornersville will come out hungry since they took a tought loss last night to Cascade 3-2. I talked to some people from Cornersville after the game and they said Adams threw a good game they just made a few errors that cost them late in the game. They also said they didnt hit the ball the way they should have. Good luck to all teams finishing up district play next week but when it is all said and done I think Cornersville will get a number one seed in the tourney and a first round bye. ;)

does anybody know why matthew williams don't play baseball anymore?

prolly because he realized that he just wasn't that good......kinda like CA's whole baseball team :thumb: ..... we watched him play post 19 last year for a few games and yea, not too pretty

O lord here we go again. You can't get on Post 19/Post 19 jrs and not be "that good". He could start shortstop and bat top 2 for any team in the district. Grow up geezz.

"He could start shortstop and bat top 2 for any team in the district" ha, just sayin, I dont know if he would start over staggs...i mean c'mon?

ok, so just a shot in the dark here..I think that a SF-Cornersvillle matchup in the districts might prove to be a good one...first of all, cause the games were closer(as opposed to the MTP-SF games) in score than most of the other teams in the district vs. CVILLE. Also, its been a while since they have seen each other and I think thats good for the sport. Which is why, I have disliked the back to back schedule this year, it leaves no room for improvement. Lastly, I have seen all the teams in the district play, and CVILLE has the hardest throwing pitchers. Which i think is an advantage for the hitters at SF. Now it would take a little bit to have that happen, but im just sayin i think it would be an interesting matchup. Either way, Santa Fe wins there first postseason matchup this year...

How ya figure? If you split with Cornersville then yal will have 5 district losses. If Ca or Mt. Pleasant sweeps then the losing team will only have 4 losses. Best yal can do is a 4 seed with a split with Cornersville. Good luck buddy :flower:

It may just be me but i DO NOT think that Culleoka can sweep Cornersville yet along split with them. I think Cornersville will come out hungry since they took a tought loss last night to Cascade 3-2. I talked to some people from Cornersville after the game and they said Adams threw a good game they just made a few errors that cost them late in the game. They also said they didnt hit the ball the way they should have. Good luck to all teams finishing up district play next week but when it is all said and done I think Cornersville will get a number one seed in the tourney and a first round bye. :lol:

Cully has the ability to beat Cornersville I can promise you that. Will they though? Who knows. I think the harder pitching is exactly what Cully needs to see. Their biggest problem is waiting on the ball to get there. Most of the team has been in front of everything. Guess we will see come Monday at 6.

Santafebaby, yes Williams would start on short if I were coaching and had them both. Staggs would be on 3rd. Much stronger that way. If I'm not mistaken that is where Willie had them this summer when they won state??