State Duals Pickem

eaglewrestling84

Re: Seeding of the DI State Duals,,,,,I know in past years the teams were supposed to be "placed" in the brackets and this year we are using the seeding criteria that considers what last years teams did,,,,which I agree is better than just placing teams, but since there are only 16 teams surely there is a way to do a better job of seeding this tournament. I am only suggesting that we continue to improve in this area. I don't have an answer on how to do it but there are plenty of wrestling people out there that could come up with a better way to seed this tournament. Again, I know this year we have a better understanding on what the process is which is an improvment, but I feel it can still be improved even more. How about it Bayou Bear...you probably already have a plan.

The current "official" seeding method is the same "unwritten" method RC used for the last 8-10 years and I have no basic issue with it.

I've pondered a seeding method for the duals for several years and there's no simple way to do it. I've looked at how other states do it and our method is as good as it gets. The underlying problem is all teams do not wrestle each other. Even if the state went so far as to appoint a seeding committee to decide there would still be the issue of the lack of head to head results. It's totally inaccurate when you start using "If A beat B and B beat C....then A is better than C" because it's not always the case.

If I was the Tennessee Wrestling Czar, the only change I would make this year is to wrestle out to 6 places. It's only one more match and MANY teams would be pround to hang a 5th or 6th place State Duals banner in their gym.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BB,

Do you think that if the tourny was wrestled out to six places that it would reflect the top six teams in the state? Or would it just be the top six teams in that tourny?

Most definitely it would be the top 6 teams in the tournament.

As you know, Soddy, Ooltewah and Walker Valley are staying home.

Ooltewah and WV are both a little banged up but they are tough and both would challenge for a Top 6 spot.

Soddy is the most improved team in the state comparing them from the time I saw them at the Cleveland Duals and then later when they wrestled BC. I can't say for certain because I haven't seen everyone this year as I normally do......but I would wager Soddy is currently in the top 4 and possibly the second best team in the state. No slight to Science Hill, Cleveland and Ravenwood but SD gave BC all they wanted and BC is pretty good this year.

I would expect everyone will see a whole bunch of pi$$ed-off Trojans in the Traditional.

Is anyone doing a state duals pickem this year?

Don't know why you would. DII- Baylor beats Ryan in the finals, CBHS beats McCallie for 3rd.

DI-another thrill a minute, nail biting tournament -Bradley easy.

I guess you could make it interesting on the DI-A-AA level though.

YnotME the Renegade contender says CBHS defeats FRHS to win the D2 tourney as the tribe have too many on the injured reserve. Hope I'm wrong.

The D1 finals may set a record for fastest completion time ever if Bradley follows their pattern of forfeiting out after they have secured the team victory. Haven't seen anyone close to them this year.