District 8 AAA?

volunteercat56

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so tough to make predictions this time of year, but some things appear pretty likely based on last season's results.

Columbia will once again be the team to beat even though they lost a lot of great seniors. With Tra'Darius Goff returning he has a great opportunity to be District MVP. He is a tremendous player.

Lawrence Co. loses a lot of great players, although the Wildcats return maybe the district's second best player in Trent Garland.

Franklin Co. starts once again with a new head coach, and with Terrance Martin gone it is tough to see the Rebels winning many games in Jim Carr's first year. Hopefully, Carr will have a chance to build that program in Winchester.

Shelbyville continues to get better under Jason Hardy, but the Golden Eagles are just not physical enough. District 8-AAA is a very physical, run-oriented league, and Shelbyville has not been built for that in recent years.

Lincoln Co. was extremely young last season. They came on strong at the end of the year and I expect the Falcons to be the most improved team in the district.

That leaves Tullahoma, the team I know best as I have called their games on the radio for 25 years. The incoming sophomore class may be the most talented in Tullahoma history. I don't say that easily, but the facts are there based on middle school and freshman performance. Mix those kids in with the return of about 15 starters and the expectation is that Tullahoma will be on the upswing during the next two or three years.

Lawrence County lost several good players to graduation,however,They have an outstanding group of seniors returning.Whoever wins the wek 0 game between them and columbia will win the district.

lc did lose alot of good players. but they will be no push over in 2010. the defense will be very stout. they return 3 starters in the secondary 2 starters at linebacker an a very experienced defensive line. and with the vaunted wing T attack on offense there is no tellin how dangerous the cats can be next year. an i agree the columbia lc game in week 0 will be one of the biggest games of the year

• 2 weeks later...
Do I smell a Thursday Night Lights Game?

Thursday Night Lights would be a great idea for this game. it would feature two of the best teams in the mid state and some of the best players in this district

It would definitely bring some exposure to two schools who sometimes get overlooked because they are towards the southern end of middle Tennessee.

This past season the Thursday Night Lights crew came to Tullahoma, which was the farthest they had ever been. A broadcast of the Columbia-Lawrence Co. game would be a great matchup and a coup for those schools and the district. Start talking to MyTV30 now!

Columbia may be the preseason pick but Lawrence County will surely be picked higher than they were last year. LCHS was picked to finish last so not sure how good preseason picks stack up. This game should be a good one and has been since this group of kids were playing in middle school! Goff and Garland should be fun to watch. LCHS should have a solid defense, good running game, good kicking game and great coaching. Columbia should be equally good and I am marking this game down now as being one of the biggest games in the state. Other than Goff, who are the other playmakers and the ones to watch?

I pick Lawrence Co. to win the district.While they lost alot of seniors They have alot of good returning players.Last year was not a "one and done" year.That being said I DO believe Lincoln co. & Tullahoma will be much improved with Columbia being a solid 2nd.I guess that means I'm going out on a limb and predicting LawCo over Columbia week "0".It would be a great way to start Thursday night Lights.Personally I wish this game was week 8 Where it was originally scheduled,but I can see the logic for moving to week 0. :thumb: