District 8 AAA?

volunteercat56

I agree it is a pretty safe bet that Columbia and Lawrence Co. will be preseason 1-2 in District 8AAA. Based on returning players it appears that Tullahoma and Lincoln Co. will be improved next year. Franklin Co. will likely slip a little after losing Martin and another coaching change. Shelbyville is a wild card in the mix.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Columbia may be the preseason pick but Lawrence County will surely be picked higher than they were last year. LCHS was picked to finish last so not sure how good preseason picks stack up. This game should be a good one and has been since this group of kids were playing in middle school! Goff and Garland should be fun to watch. LCHS should have a solid defense, good running game, good kicking game and great coaching. Columbia should be equally good and I am marking this game down now as being one of the biggest games in the state. Other than Goff, who are the other playmakers and the ones to watch?

I totally agree fballfan. I remember watching these boys battle it out when they was at Coffman and Whitthorne. Its been great to see them progress over the years and continue to play each other at a high level. As far as playmakers go for Lawrence County, Garland is a playmaker no doubt but LC's defense has playmakers all over the field. They are very physical and love to hit. In the secondary, Garland returns as well as will be seniors, Montrell Prince and Whit Shelton. Prince is very quick and can keep up with anybody on the field. Shelton is a smart football player, who can back off deep and play in coverage but is also very physical against the run. Linebackers return two starters, Tyler Bosheers and Trevor McAnally. Both are very physical and will hit anything in there path. McAnally bounced back from a broken ankle ,he suffred against Columbia last year, to play the final the final three games of the 09 season, Bosheers is having off-season shoulder surgrery but both will be 100 percent by the time spring rolls around. Should provide a great match up with Goff and Centrals O-Line. LC's defensive line also returns experience in Colby Cotner, Blake Flesher, and Issac Brown. Cant wait for this game to come around, should be full of excitement!

I agree LCHS should have a great defense but what about the other side of the ball? Does anyone have any idea what they have coming back on offense? They really have taken the biggest hit here and should be interesting to see who steps up on the line and backfield. I figure Garland and Irazary(spelling) will be very good but we all know the WingT you need more than two good backs. The O line will also need to regroup with only two starters returning.

Lawrence Co. and Columbia are the clear front runners. Lincoln Co. will be the sleeper. Thursday night lights is a great idea for LC and Columbia. Goff and Garland. The LC defense will be stout though. The big question for LC is their O-Line losing 3 of 5 starters. For a team that was based on run this will be the thing to look out for.

I'm really interested in how we could get that game on thursday night lights. I think that would be a great thing for both schools. I think coacht needs to be working on that. Sounds like a great idea. If anyone knows details on how to get that to happen post it back on here. (Tullahoma). And does anyone know if or where terance martin from franklin county signed?

I'm really interested in how we could get that game on thursday night lights. I think that would be a great thing for both schools. I think coacht needs to be working on that. Sounds like a great idea. If anyone knows details on how to get that to happen post it back on here. (Tullahoma). And does anyone know if or where terance martin from franklin county signed?

He 1st committed to Wofford but changed his mind and signed with The Citadel (Martin)

Martin signed with Cotadel. FC has 2 players at Citadel.

This is my initial contact with MyTV30:

I run the web site CoachT.com and would like to recommend that you consider the game between Columbia and Lawrence County, at Columbia, as your August 19th broadcast game for the 2010 season. Columbia (13-2) lost in the 5A state finals in 2009 while Lawrence County (9-3) lost to Memphis Mitchell in the second round of the 5A playoffs. Lawrence County losses were to Columbia, Mitchell, and 4A state champion Giles County.