West Tennessee Baseball(excluding Memphis)

diamondstud10

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg will be strong this year returning 11 seniors. Five staters return from schools first state tournament. This team will hit and play defense. They return 1 district starter on the mound with some very good arms ready to step up. This will be a fun team to watch, should be very explosive. With a little luck they will make the second trip to Murfreesboro in two years. Can't wait to see some Baseball!!!!!!

Hope dyersburg does well. who is your district pitcher?

How will dyer county fair this year in the new district? I know Hardin County will be tough but i really dont know who else is over there. Chad Harvell has been working with their pitchers for a couple of years now so i would expect hc to be very good in that dept.

Dyersburg should be ready to become an every year competitor. They finally broke through the wall last year and have a chance to get something good started with the program. Yes, the program has had some successful seasons in the past, but it's time to start a tradition and get to and also win some championships. I believe the personel is there for the team, it's just going to be decided on whether or not the guys want to get in there and grind on every play.

i also think DC has come a long way in their baseball program. PO has become one of the most well-known coaches in the state from his participation with the Tennessee team every year and also being a mainstay in the state tourny. The move up to AAA will probably show a few weaknesses, but the skill set there should have them competing in the near future. These top AAA teams have one thing in common. Usually 2 very good arms to pitch themselves into the state tournament. Games came be won at this level with strong pitching performances. The ability for hitters to stay in their zones usually hasn't been tapped yet, and allows pitchers to control the game because of the swinging of pitches outside of good zones.

Anyways, sorry about the rambling, but best of luck to both of these teams. Coach Mathis and Coach Ozment are doing great jobs with these boy. Keep after em

im sure some schools have indoor facilitys to practice in just incase of bad weather like we have been having, like Union City has a turf room with a batting cage...

you can only do so much inside. It is hard for outfielders to do anything inside. Its also a lot different from pitching on an indoor mound inside when its 70 degrees than pitching with wind and it being 40 degrees; and you cannot take infield.