Best Pitcher in the state

Best

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and to all the maryville best pitcher ppl...central killed both of them this weekend. put two up on barbie and 4 on connatser...you tell me??

Maryville almost always looks terrible in preseason games. I think it is part of Coach Hawkins stategy. Come tournament time, I'd rather play ANYBODY but Maryville.

and to all the maryville best pitcher ppl...central killed both of them this weekend. put two up on barbie and 4 on connatser...you tell me??

Maryville almost always looks terrible in preseason games. I think it is part of Coach Hawkins stategy. Come tournament time, I'd rather play ANYBODY but Maryville.

well the strategy thing is a lame excuse. and honestly what would that strategy be?? because i sure dont know what it would be. i expect your daughter plays for them and yeah you might not want to play them again. but we are chomping at the bit. and WHEN tournament time comes we will see if the "strategy" really paid off.

I can assure you that I never want the Maryville softball team to look bad, and I certainly don't "plan" on us playing poorly as part of some strategic move. If I were another team's coach, I'd be chomping at the bit to play us as well, based on Saturday's performance. On the other hand, a scrimmage game does not count. We try a lot of things in scrimmages that we would probably never do in a real game. I don't get as upset over pre season mistakes as I do during the post season. I think all teams play with more intensity and focus during the post season than they do in playdate scrimmages. I'm assuming that that is what WmBlGovs meant by his/her statement. I take his/her comments about strategy as being tongue and cheek. William Blount is always a tough opponent for us, especially since our schools are only about 4 miles apart.

Ken Hawkins

MHS softball

Well it was obviously it was barbie if she only had two against her. She was just getting blooped they weren't even solid hits. And they way she threw that pigeon forge game was nice she was on her money I think they scored one on a left field error. Barbie didn't get any solid hits hit on her everything was just bloopers connatser got ate alive out there against central.

I can assure you that I never want the Maryville softball team to look bad, and I certainly don't "plan" on us playing poorly as part of some strategic move. If I were another team's coach, I'd be chomping at the bit to play us as well, based on Saturday's performance. On the other hand, a scrimmage game does not count. We try a lot of things in scrimmages that we would probably never do in a real game. I don't get as upset over pre season mistakes as I do during the post season. I think all teams play with more intensity and focus during the post season than they do in playdate scrimmages. I'm assuming that that is what WmBlGovs meant by his/her statement. I take his/her comments about strategy as being tongue and cheek. William Blount is always a tough opponent for us, especially since our schools are only about 4 miles apart.

Ken Hawkins

MHS softball

i respect you on that comment coach and i can see where you are coming from as for trying new things in the scrimmages and i can assure you all schools did and if you didnt more power to you. i look forward to seeing you this season coach hawkins.

Well it would still be barbie. She had the least runs scored against her. And her composer is really good. Her and that catcher she was with really knew how to comunicate they got better as the day went on. Look at her pigeon forge game. The other catcher and connatser just threw pitches. Barbie really put a hurting on pigeon forge with 4 or 5 strikeouts in two innings. barbie and her catcher were in sync they just looked at each other when she wanted a different pitch it was normally on the money. I believe barbie will be the pitcher of the year but connatser being the senior barbie will get pushed to the back. It is looking like she will be on third. I'm pretty stoked to see her in action in both places. Next year she will dominate.