LaVergne?

friendofnone

Seriously? I see why you're "friendofnone"....

Smyrna's team isn't that bad. Any team in this district is capable of upsetting any other team on a given night. Depends on what shooters are hot, what team is getting fouls called, and which officials are at the game.... Lavergne's guys weren't hitting shots they NEEDED to make, but they also got a bunch of nonsense foul calls. When Smyrna folks are rolling their eyes about calls made against LaVergne and the scorekeeper even quits announcing total team fouls called on LaVergne in the second half, you know something's up. I think Lavergne had 25-30 fouls in the 2nd half, and not sure Smyrna had even reached double-digits. Some were legit fouls, some were called on players that didn't even touch another player. But that's the calls as you get them in this district. Can't blame it all on the refs; the guys have to put points on the board, and they have to keep the other team FROM putting them on there.

Oh well, hopefully our guys will take care of Oakland tomorrow night, and gain a little respect back! Go Wolverines!

How do u lose to Smyrna seriously they are the worst team in the district. I think it time some people to start questioning why LaVergne has all these players with ability they have how do they get beat by a terrible team and your rival.

Dude seriously step back away from the ledge. This is a tough district. It was one loss. once tournament time comes lavergne will be one of the teams to beat

Plain and simple LaVergne was not ready to play. They can make excuses about fouls and not hitting shots all they want. I didnt know Smyrnas "fierce" 2-3 defense forced LaVergne into taking tough shots. There is no doubt they have a chance to be a great team but mark my word I think they will be upset come tourney time. Good luck tonight vs Oakland one of your assistants 3 alma maters would be a bitter sweet win for him.

Plain and simple LaVergne was not ready to play. They can make excuses about fouls and not hitting shots all they want. I didnt know Smyrnas "fierce" 2-3 defense forced LaVergne into taking tough shots. There is no doubt they have a chance to be a great team but mark my word I think they will be upset come tourney time. Good luck tonight vs Oakland one of your assistants 3 alma maters would be a bitter sweet win for him.

Its one loss, it happens, especially in 7-AAA. LaVergne has a great coaching staff and a good team. I dont imagine there is going to be a whole lot of bittersweet should LaVergne win tonight, they need this game to get back into the race for those 2 top seeds.

Your right it is a great staff. I hope we can keep them there. They have brought us so muany great times. Like at Columbia when our assistant coach got up and went to the scorers table and earned us a technical that anyway you look at it cost us the game. Or how about at the Bridgestone Classic where we blew an 18 point lead to a down Franklin team. Or how about last year the first time in 6 years we failed to win 20 games the first time in 5 years we didnt make it out of the districts. I believe youre right lets get behind these guys.