Jefferson County Football 2010

JCSP20

I would not take any stock in the results of the Blue and White. The facts are that the Home Team (Blue) had 75% of the returning starters. For example Quarterback and returning TB and backup TB, 3 of the 4 returning Linebackers. 4 of the 6 offensive lineman. Get the point. White had 2 defensive starters and 2 offensive. The White had an upcoming 10th grader at Tailback. The only reason that the game was close is that the White was loaded on the JV team that played the 2nd and 4th quarters. The home team won the game as disigned by the coaches that drew up the program. This is no surprise as Tennessee and others do the same in their games. As to the QBs. As good as one is at running the other is at passing. I suggest that we see both behind center this year to make defenses prepare for both. If 17 is in, I think you will see a focus on getting the ball to the corners to get speed in space. either way, 10 will be a focus. I know that both QBs work very hard and derserve respect. My question is this. If we was not to face another team this sping, why would we take such an easy way out in the Blue and White game. Why didnt we split the starters down the middle and go at it!!! It did create excitement to those that didnt know how the teams where split. For the ones that know, just more questions on how we will look against true competition????????? as to Mason I wish you the best except against JCHS. I respect the coaches for making tough decisions for the team. I understand that he is playing for Sevier co this fall?? Go Patriots

I would not take any stock in the results of the Blue and White. The facts are that the Home Team (Blue) had 75% of the returning starters. For example Quarterback and returning TB and backup TB, 3 of the 4 returning Linebackers. 4 of the 6 offensive lineman. Get the point. White had 2 defensive starters and 2 offensive. The White had an upcoming 10th grader at Tailback. The only reason that the game was close is that the White was loaded on the JV team that played the 2nd and 4th quarters. The home team won the game as disigned by the coaches that drew up the program. This is no surprise as Tennessee and others do the same in their games. As to the QBs. As good as one is at running the other is at passing. I suggest that we see both behind center this year to make defenses prepare for both. If 17 is in, I think you will see a focus on getting the ball to the corners to get speed in space. either way, 10 will be a focus. I know that both QBs work very hard and derserve respect. My question is this. If we was not to face another team this sping, why would we take such an easy way out in the Blue and White game. Why didnt we split the starters down the middle and go at it!!! It did create excitement to those that didnt know how the teams where split. For the ones that know, just more questions on how we will look against true competition????????? as to Mason I wish you the best except against JCHS. I respect the coaches for making tough decisions for the team. I understand that he is playing for Sevier co this fall?? Go Patriots
...........Its true that nothing should be concluded about how the Blue and White game came out.Afew things do stick out though..Excitement and participation were very evident!!I can't say your right or wrong about talent and starters on either side of the ball,I'm just not that familier with all the players.I do know that #10 didnt have is center/fullback/or any receivers from last year . He also didn't get alot of production from the rb as it seemed to me that the white team shut down the run and got good penetration against the Blue O-line.Yet #10 still managed 200yds passing w/2 TDs[Yes with his arm!! really!!} and another rushing TD.You know ,I.m just trying to help complete the picture that you started.That seemed to most people watching to be a more than balanced attack.HEY OOO GO PATRIOTS dvp4life

I liked what I saw for the most part. The blue team had an advantage over the white team as far as overall talent goes, but the white team still managed to make it a game. Good job to everyone. I saw alot of talent out there dont get me wrong, but it is a complete overstatement to say that we have several division 1 athletes on the team. As a matter of fact, the best athlete, if im not mistaken, was recently kicked off the team. The team is talented just not #### much as some people talk them up to be. Keep working hard boys.

>>>>>>>I know of no Player, (I believe there was one last year! HA) claiming to be able to play at the D1 level.I do know that there are several players doing everything in their power to be able to contribute this year and I'm sure there are several that will play college next year. I wonder what would posses a former JV senoir with scant stats to Keep changing his screen name and keep attacking HS kids. We call you guys "one/tens".You know 1 tackle and 10yards a year....<<

hey 4 life. 4 someone who dont know the tallent. Its amazing the stats you do know??? I made a general statement and got back a #10 stat sheet. After going back over the past 6 months, I should have expected nothing else as its a general theme here. :roflolk::roflolk: Im sorry I didnt do my homework first.

4life: What i got into is a discussion between 2 who was discussing quarterbacks. One said 17 was our quarterback. The other said. Are you serious based on the performance of the blue and white. What i said is that we might see both and if so, that 10 would be the primary focus in getting him the ball. I also said the the Blue was loaded based on number of staters compared to the white. This is facts. If you dont beleive me. get you roster out and visit. I also said that this is no surprise as UT and others often load 1 side. (home) How does anyone take this as an attach on 10. Are you this close to the situation?? My biggest concern was that we did not play another team during spring which would have given us a true picture of our upcoming team. everyone in JC knows what kind of athlete 10 is. what we dont need is overkill. Tebow may go down as the best college player in history but there are people that disliked or talked about him. Fair no this is one of the pressures of playing quarterback at a 6 a program. I have nothing but respect for all the work the players put in. I just see that some may be sensitive and often read in criticism where none was intended. No criticism here. just open thoughts and discussions go pats

Too PATPRIDE1..."I also said the the Blue was loaded based on number of staters compared to the white. This is facts. If you dont beleive me. get you roster out and visit. I also said that this is no surprise as UT and others often load 1 side. (home)"quote ....Ok not gonna argue with ya on that.Like I said I dont know all the starters.In fairness ,alot of starters on the Blue side would have shut down the white offense and generally wreck havoc. ....."How does anyone take this as an attach on 10. Are you this close to the situation??"quote..I do not take this statement as a attack,and Yes I do know 10....."My biggest concern was that we did not play another team during spring which would have given us a true picture of our upcoming team"

PS Has anyone ever heard Dr Mcgraw/Coach Anderson Saturday morning radio show?

PSS To me this is how a kids football game should be discussed publicy.

thank you. it is unfair as to the presure that these 16-18 year olds will face this year over Football, but, it is the best game on earth. I would to turn back time 30 years and play again. Can you think of the pressures of our Fathers and Grandfathers that faced war during their teenage years. Hard to think that sports have gotten so important in our culture. I can see where one could get caught up in the moment when it comes to what others say about kids, but this is the world that we live in. People sitting on a laptop saying anything without having to look someone in the face. I do know most of the players on this team. Most work hard and deserve respect. There seems to be a lot of focus on quarterback but this is sports. In baseball, the manager and pitcher gets wins and losses. In Football, its coaches and quarterbacks. This is why most postings circle around the QB. This will not change, but is sometimes unfair as it appears to target a few. At the end of the year. The quarterback will get too much credit if they win, and too much blame if they lose. My suggestion to the close friends and family. Dont read the paper or idiots on some of these boards without class. Weither its 10, 17 or someone else, there will be people firing darts. Thats QB in 2010. The fans at Jc are eager for a winner and desparate for it. Passion is sometimes a double edge knife. Go Patriots the Past often repeats itself. Im ready for the mid 80's again when we was East Tn Football.

Any word on how the summer workouts are going?

From what I have been told several younger players are stepping up and taking steps to push for starting spots. Senior Leadership is there and I have also been told that workouts have been intense and player participation has been good.

Several players have been doing private workouts daily in addition to the morning summer workouts at the school.

My advice for the players: you best keep up your own workouts going strong during the dead period or you will be amazed how quickly the positive results from all that work disappears.

Keep Pushing Each Other!!!

Seniors: Organize some throw and catch with the RB/TE/Receivers to work on routes and timing.

The first scrimmage is on July 30th at Central: 6PM

Only 28 days and counting…..