Jefferson County Football 2010

JCSP20

linemanpat-your a great guy,that much is clear.. GO PATRIOTS!!!ps Goins' Combine Stats are on ESPN RISE along with a video interview for those that want to read a honest review.3rd in Charlotte,All Charlotte Combine team QB,currently ranked 12th in the nation!4.51 40 yrd dash by LASER.4.0 proagility,33.1 vertical,36 powerball throw,SPARQ score 113.25 . seems pretty good to me!GO PATRIOTS !

Hopefully i get to get up there this year and watch this team play... But your alls expectations seem a little high. We have heard all over east tennessee howd gosh darn good the upcoming senior class is... and we have all just been so gosh darn un impressed with them since they moved up to varsity ball. This class will once and for all prove they have been nothing but talk. This team is undersized and lacks knowledge of the game, well on the offensive side atleast. I just dont see it happening for this team. Im sorry, i really try to but i cant. Everyone knows how to stop you all. Put 8 in the box and send them all. 90 percent of the time your going to be successfull doing that against ur run priority offfense. And as for last years Qb throwing for over 1000 yards. HAHA. There have been qbs at that HS do way better than that. and throw for way more TD's as well. Zach long has been the best qb the last three years, whoever said you put your best athlete at qb, you wrong. Name one team, other than jeff, who had there playmaker at qb. Thats right there were none. Devrin Young for example, does bearden have him at qb? nope. he is distrubuted the ball by the... Oh my goodness thats right the QB. Actually if you watch them play he lines up slot back alot and they do all kinds of things with him. Hmmm i wonder why? Its because Qb's are not meant to be every down playmakers, they are the point guard of football, they distribute and lead... A QB is THE FIELD GENERAL. Now in battle is the General the one you would expect to be firing the bullets and carrying out the operation? No he is directing his troops. A General isnt the best fighter, isnt the most skilled, but he makes quick smart decisions, he is inteligent, calm, cool, collective, and when his men are in trouble he gets them out of trouble. The best are out there in the battle and being directed by their general. Well this is the same just in football and this team needs a General. Someone who is calm, cool, collected, a quick and smart thinker, not the most talented player but one who is most capable of getting the athletes (your best troops) the ball. The troops go as their general goes. So as a team goes as their Qb goes. A team feeds off a Qb whether positive or negative. JCHS will be as good as their General this year. But just remember the commander and cheif appoints his General, and if he dont appoint the right one the results will show. Zach Long has been the closest to a General compared to the last 3 (Mcfall, Darby, Goins) Zach wasnt our playmaker, h we actually had our playmakers at wr and rb and te that year and he distributed the ball and it showed. 6-4 made the playoffs.

Interesting post EastTennesseeFootball99, very interesting post.

I can think of one college team also that has the QB as their playmaker: Florida with Tim Tebow would be rather fitting. Yes, UF has many other playmakers, just as JCHS does: DK, Mason, Bell, Kountz, Hopkins, ect. (I would like to see a spread/wildcat package put in to complement the speed and size of this team, but that is not my decision, as I am not a coach, it is just a suggestion.)

But you fail to answer your own question about who should be the general. Why is that?

So, who would you suggest be the starting QB next year?

Please enlighten us with your words of wisdom and football knowledge.

That way Coach Anderson can make his pick and next fall say, “boy I’m glad I listened to EastTennesseeFootball99. That person, saved our season before we even had spring practice.” Please Sir, we would love to know who you would put in as the JCHS commander on the field.

I think no matter who he picks, you and many others would be saying that is a bad decision, just because you have some personal issue with the coach/es or JCHS in general.

Also, having been in the military myself, you are correct that Generals lead. And from what I have seen with Goins’ work ethic and the results from that work ethic and effort, he knows how to lead. (12th in the nation at this point of the NIKE combines) He has shown many of the other players that just hitting the weights during school does not get it done. I have seen first hand how hard this young man works, and it is impressive. No wasted motion and always pushing himself and others around him to be better. That is leadership, that is showing the troops how it is done and how to get better in the off-season, so they can hopefully have a better year and make the playoffs.

And before you ask: NO, I am not related to him or his good family.

Regards and Go Patriots!!!

Fear the Cowbell, More Cowbell IS coming!!!!! Join the Cowbell Nation.

Very, Very well said OHSgrad. To be honest, I dont believe I have ever seen one positive post from eastTN. Having been a casual viewer for the past two years, I have simply just never seen one post that supported the JCHS players or coaches.

Also, I am pretty sure in hid definition of an effective leader he also defined an effective soldier. In this day in time, you can not be an in the moment general without being in the midst of combat. It is just impossible. Even since the civil war most generals have been in the thick of it. Ever heard of a man named "Stonewall" Jackson? He stood with his troops to defend his position in the Battle of Bull Run. What about Theodore Roosevelt in the Spanish-American War? He formed his own battalion just to fight and he must have been effective because he ended up president. You see how most generals are in the thick of the fighting and are usually just soldiers in combat.

well put linemanpat and ohsgrad. I,

(having assisted coached (AC)on a lower level of football), can tell you that there is never any arguement amongst the coaches about where anyone should or should not play on the field.The coaches are there everyday and see for themselves who belongs where.the live and breathe football and are constantly trying to figure new angles that can help the team win.While I held that (AC) position,my opinions were listened to and respectfully considered.I did ,on a few occaissions, make a suggestion or 2 about where this or that player might be better suited to help the team.Being a coach on this lil team ,the (HC) would give the assistants' suggestions alot of weight and we would end up trying this or that player at different positions--this nearly always never worked and we would put it back where we had it.Thankfully ,I never Head coached---man the stuff they had to listen to,,.....They took all the HEAT..but we were all(coaches) in agreement.That's why I don't coach from the stands or from the blogs.If I ever felt very strong about something I would either make it a "gentle/well meaning/respectful/non-hurtful suggestion on here,or perhaps I would find a coach and privately discuss it with them.Just saying...Cowbells caused a few false starts on the other team !I'm almost sure of it!! GO PATIOTS !!!.P.S. Coach Anderson times 40's on the track in spikes,Nike times them on artificial turf in football cleats.Hope that helps explain the time differences..knowledge is power.

I guess the rest of district 2 AAA should just forfeit with all these great strength and speed numbers! I know West is shaking in our shoes!

Nah, I am sure your friends are just still shaking from that Catholic game last fall.

oh, you mean the playoff game? Who did Jeff play that night? I forgot, you all played with yourselves that night!

Given your enjoyment of trashing Jefferson County on the message board just for a response, I would say that you enjoy playing the latter part of your post every friday night.

If the system is changed to reward strength of schedule than the patriots would have been in the playoffs this past year. If the patriots would have played the Trojans schedule than the records would be near identical. Sure your team won the head to head match up but by what one play? I think in the conditions that the game was played in that play could have easily gone either way.

All in all, I do feel quite sorry for you though. There are no other MW fans to talk with positively about your own team so you have to resort to bashing opposing teams. Boy, you must be lonely on those friday nights...

You know I have three brothers and no sisters. Dont worry though I wont judge you based on your attraction to them. :thumb:

Despite what you say, the sarcasm in your first post was quite telling. You implied that no matter how strong or fast the team gets they will just be mediocre. Our optimism in the patriot football team is not because they are good numbers that the team will be successful because of them. Its that the numbers demonstrate progress being made by the team and its shows that a young team last year is growing up. That, my friend, is worthy of our optimism.

I guess your brother is a great cross-dresser. Maybe a family trait you also enjoy. You will not find West fans on here talking aboutour strength or speed numbers. For that matter, not many winners are on here talking about such mindless things. Max benches with spotter "just touching the bar" and quick fingered stop watches for 40 times are not our concern. I find it funny that I heard from a JC assistant himself that Jeff had 3 SEC caliber players, but none had a single offer. The program at Jeff has been in decline since Scooter and Jeff Jennings left. This year will be better because Greenville and William Blount will be down. Sevier Co will still beat you and you will watch the playoffs again.

Well what was it you played with then? Thats still pretty creepy. Its ok though. As I said earlier, Im not prejudicial so you dont have anything to worry about.

Anyways, that is beside the point. At Jefferson County maxs dont count if the bar is touched. A coach must actually see the max take place for it to count. I have even seen a coach spot just to ensure that the bar was not touched. The 40 times must be pretty accurate seeing as Goins ran a 4.5 lazer timed and if you didn't read earlier it is posted online.

These number apparently seem to be a concern as I see several threads about off season workouts. Also, if strength and speed numbers were irrelavent than why do so many people watch the combine? They watch it because they like to know how athletic players are. It is the same with Jefferson County fans keeping track of the teams numbers. We just like to know how the team is progressing. Is it wrong just because West fans dont care enough about their team to do the same? I think not.

By the way, if the patriots beat the two teams you mentioned because they are "down" than they WILL be in the playoffs. You are quite an intresting person TommyTrojan but you will not get an unintelligent, emotion filled rubbuttal out of me.