Jefferson County Football 2010

JCSP20

Lineman makes a couple of good points. Jeff County has thrown the ball more the last year or two. Perhaps they should up their passing attempts a little more. However, I think their decision when to throw could be better. Jeff County threw very few times last year on 1st or 2nd down. I do not have numbers to support this, but it seems that when they did they were very successful. Much easier to throw when the whole world thinks you are going to run. Contrary to what many believe, there are many passing plays that can be ran out of the veer offense. It does not have to be a run only offense. Ask Coach Turner at CN. This is especially true when the tight end comes out of the game and we insert the slot receiver which in my opinion we did not use effectively last year. You can even put one back out wide and have a four receiver set. With this said, I do not think that Jeff County has the right personnel to be a pocket passing team. We do not have those type of linemen. Nor do we have the personnel to be a pro set I team. We coould possibly run some version of the spread option attack similiar to what West Virginia runs. As I have said before, the biggest problem last year was not the offense that was ran, it was ball security. I don't care what offense you run, you must take care of the ball. I am not advocating for or against the veer offense. I know that we have only medium sized lineman who are reasonably quick. We have receivers who have good hands but are just average to maybe slightly above average speedwise. I know it is important to keep the defense off balance and that means doing something they do not expect you to do. The key is to make the most of the personnel that you have.

Lineman, you talk of attempts. I view it as production. I realize you must try to throw the ball to produce results, but you also must be successful when you throw. If you throw on 1st or 2nd down and it is incomplete, is that showing balance. In my opinion, no. You still have to run the ball to move it. What was the completion rate?

Don't get me wrong, I am a Patriot fan. I just think that we will be far behind other teams by not scrimmaging when it is allowed!

Red

Lineman, you talk of attempts. I view it as production. I realize you must try to throw the ball to produce results, but you also must be successful when you throw. If you throw on 1st or 2nd down and it is incomplete, is that showing balance. In my opinion, no. You still have to run the ball to move it. What was the completion rate?

Don't get me wrong, I am a Patriot fan. I just think that we will be far behind other teams by not scrimmaging when it is allowed!

The completion rate for Goins as a junior was 50% which I view as extremely good for a team you claim has little balance and focuses only on the run. If you throw the ball 2 times and complete it once for the average distance of the throws (8.0 yards) than it leaves 2 yards left to run the ball. I am sure you will argue that these are simply statistics but they solidy my arguement and also answer your question at the same time. The truth is when the patriots threw the ball they did have decent success.

I dont believe the team will be very far behind at all. As I said earlier, I see both sides of the arguement but the truth of the matter is there is no substantial loss either way. The patriots will still scrimmage before the season starts and have just as much personnel information then. If anything, I see a huge positive in the spring practice strategy. The patriots will be starting in May which means the players will be able to retain information about the offense and the defense much easier since the time in between fall and spring practice is shortened.

One other note, I believe that was therealjuices way to sarcastically point out how negative the jefferson county fanbase is, headbusta. So far, it is safe to safe to say that about 50% of those posting on this thread prove him right.

fire the guy aleady!!

All you hear is Fire the coach. I know one thing if I was Coach Anderson you woud not have the chance to fire me. I would tell all you fans where to go and how to get there. The one thing that's get me is its always the coach's fault no matter what. You can not win at football with all 4or5 guys that can play this is what we have at Jeff County. NICK SABAN COULD NOT WIN HERE.

I am starting to wonder if the two of you have even followed Jefferson county football for the past 6 years. In case you may not know therealjuice, Coach Anderson has taken over the JCHS football team from ground zero. The teams size during the '06 and '05 football seasons was around 20-30 players. Then there was the lawsuit against the coach and it became a mess. Now in the rebuilding of Jefferson County football there is usually 60-70 players on the team!

The players are not the problem either. Most of the startes in '07 were seniors and they actually competed with a farraguat team for 3 quarters and then the wheels fell off. The next year, not only were there few seniors but the seniors that were playing seemed to get hurt. Through the year, the number was around 18 significant players who had to miss games due to injury. 7-8 sophmores were consistantly playing that year. Now we arrive to last year. There is a team who had almost no seniors. 80% of the starters were juniors this passed year and you expect them to come out of the gate playing like seniors? That is simply impossible to do. They have to learn what it takes and many did as you can tell by the record (starting 0-4 and ending 5-5).

It seems that many of you seem to just enjoy blaming the entire team from top to bottom. The truth is while the jefferson county prestige is still there the program itself is still rebuilding from the '05 and '06 years. One great year is all it will take to ignite the program again. With all the returning starters and the work being done this offseason (as shown by the numbers posted earlier), this could be that year. You imagine yourself in Coach Andersons shoes trying to take a program that became worse than a joke in 3 years to trying to compete every year. I wouldnt imagine you would see it as an easy job at all and yet so many act like it is easy. This is the year to judge the program. If JCHS is going to turn the corner, it will be this year.

Keeping games close, playing hard, and 80 players on a team that's all good but in the end only one thing matters and that's winning. You know it and I know it!! At a program like this you should win 7 to 8 games every year. Personally have nothing against the coach I just thought he was not ready for such a program like Jeff. co. Deep down every Jeff fan realizes this. However we do have some really qualified former alumni ready for the job.

Therealjuice, do you know how long it takes to actually rebuild a program from the ground up? Tradition is a great thing but tradition wont win ball games after a program is disamated like Jefferson county's was after euverard (sp?). It just takes time. Stability is what is required to bring brack a program. If the coach is fired than stability is completely lost and all progress is negated. As I have said so many times before, this is the year to judge.