LAWRENCE COUNTY BEATS COLUMBIA!!!!

wildcatfan64

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies, but a congratulations also goes out to Coach Clark. Very fine coach who always keeps his teams heads on their shoulders. If you notice he always has a team prepared to face the opponents week in and week out. Good job Coach Clark. Keep up the good work.

Absolutely, very proud to have Coach Clark....and kudos to Shelley Young. He has really stepped up his play.

Congrats to Lawrence Co for their victory over Columbia to secure 2nd place in district 8AAA. Tullahoma won a tough game at Shelbyville 60-57. The Golden Eagles had a shot to tie the game at the end. EA didn't play, but Shelbyville played well and Coach Jim Martin did an excellent job in place of Coach Thompson. Shelbyville is still a very good team and I wouldn't take them lightly in the district tournament if EA doesn't play. The student sections and team benches were moved and the game was well officiated. There were no problems tonite and I didn't expect any. I was told tonite in the first round district games that Tullahoma will host Franklin Co and Shelbyville will host Lincoln Co. I think Lawrence Co gets the winner of the Lincoln Co-Shelbyville game and Columbia gets the winner of the Tullahoma-Franklin Co game. The first round games for the boys will be a week from Friday nite. I'm not positive about all this, but it seemed to be correct. If the student sections had been moved and the Lawrence Co fans hadn't stormed the court, the problems that occured last Friday nite might not have happened, but hindsight is 20-20. If Lawrence Co and Shelbyville meet in Columbia I hope the fans from both schools will show good sportsmanship. Shelbyville students and fans showed a lot of class tonite in a losing effort in the boys game and the Tulllahoma fans didn't storm the court. Personally, I've got friends in Lawrence Co and Bedford Co and I have a lot of respect for both schools. Shelbyville girls did beat Tullahoma by 30pts.

Congrats to Lawrence Co for their victory over Columbia to secure 2nd place in district 8AAA. Tullahoma won a tough game at Shelbyville 60-57. The Golden Eagles had a shot to tie the game at the end. EA didn't play, but Shelbyville played well and Coach Jim Martin did an excellent job in place of Coach Thompson. Shelbyville is still a very good team and I wouldn't take them lightly in the district tournament if EA doesn't play. The student sections and team benches were moved and the game was well officiated. There were no problems tonite and I didn't expect any. I was told tonite in the first round district games that Tullahoma will host Franklin Co and Shelbyville will host Lincoln Co. I think Lawrence Co gets the winner of the Lincoln Co-Shelbyville game and Columbia gets the winner of the Tullahoma-Franklin Co game. The first round games for the boys will be a week from Friday nite. I'm not positive about all this, but it seemed to be correct. If the student sections had been moved and the Lawrence Co fans hadn't stormed the court, the problems that occured last Friday nite might not have happened, but hindsight is 20-20. If Lawrence Co and Shelbyville meet in Columbia I hope the fans from both schools will show good sportsmanship. Shelbyville students and fans showed a lot of class tonite in a losing effort in the boys game and the Tulllahoma fans didn't storm the court. Personally, I've got friends in Lawrence Co and Bedford Co and I have a lot of respect for both schools. Shelbyville girls did beat Tullahoma by 30pts.

Thanks for the kind words Binns. It's refreshing to see that someone with no ties to either school can see the importance of KEEPING STUDENTS IN THE STANDS.